Jimmy Carter: "Leave Gay Marriage To States To Decide" (Right On Jimmy!)

"by the will of the voter" HAHAHAHAHA We do not live in a majority mob rule country. Something about the law which tells government what IT CAN NOT DO and protects the rights of the individual, the minority

Well, they only advocate mob rule when they agree with the mob. When they don't, it's judicial decree. What they support is State rule, on that they are consistent. Even when they advocate freedom, they twist it. You should have the right to birth control, but you only have that right if the State provides it for free. Abortion, ditto.

"by the will of the voter" HAHAHAHAHA We do not live in a majority mob rule country. Something about the law which tells government what IT CAN NOT DO and protects the rights of the individual, the minority

Gays aren't minorities. They are members of a neo-sexual cult. Having gay sex spans all races and both genders so it isn't about a cohesive "race" of people. It's about behaviors.

So what you're saying is that anyone with a behavior that is repugnant to the majority may now [this would be the first time] dictate to states' majorites. Tell me, do you believe that brothers and sisters can marry? If you object to that, is it because the majority would find those marriages repugnant? (Remember, brothers and sisters could adopt kids)

So I'm all about leaving you alone to do your business in private. You've yet to demonstrate I'm about anything but that. However, I've demonstrated how you folks are currently engaged in the fearful activities you're theorizing falsely that you suppose I'm up to. You are projecting your fears that what you're already up to will be done to you.

You have demonstrated that you lie in order to create an environment of fear towards homosexuals.

Such an environment was the one that used to exist- when heros like Turling were prosecuted for having sex with another adult. When people like yourself tried to ban homosexuals from teaching in California schools. When people like yourself mandated firing of homosexuals from the State Department.

Well, they only advocate mob rule when they agree with the mob. When they don't, it's judicial decree. What they support is State rule, on that they are consistent.

Well I am glad to see you speaking of Conservatives now.

Gays aren't minorities.

Really? Homosexuals make up roughly 3% of the population- approximately the same percent of the population as the number of Jews in America.

By definition they are a minority.

And since you keep referring them as a group- clearly they are a minority group that you encourage discrimination against.

So I'm all about leaving you alone to do your business in private. You've yet to demonstrate I'm about anything but that. However, I've demonstrated how you folks are currently engaged in the fearful activities you're theorizing falsely that you suppose I'm up to. You are projecting your fears that what you're already up to will be done to you.

You have demonstrated that you lie in order to create an environment of fear towards homosexuals.

Such an environment was the one that used to exist- when heros like Turling were prosecuted for having sex with another adult. When people like yourself tried to ban homosexuals from teaching in California schools. When people like yourself mandated firing of homosexuals from the State Department.

Gays live in fear? You haven't seen a gay pride parade, have you?

Well, they only advocate mob rule when they agree with the mob. When they don't, it's judicial decree. What they support is State rule, on that they are consistent.

Well I am glad to see you speaking of Conservatives now.

Playground, the domain of the left...

And that has to do with the historic discrimination and attacks Gays faced- how?

Such an environment was the one that used to exist- when heros like Turling were prosecuted for having sex with another adult. When people like yourself tried to ban homosexuals from teaching in California schools. When people like yourself mandated firing of homosexuals from the State Department

Our children are fine, and your arguments have failed. Gays are marrying, gays are having kids. Get over it.

OK too stupid to breathe, my position is you should go to the legislature, not the courts. If you don't stop your endless overt lies, you are about to be the second person on my ignore list with NYCarbineer, and for the same reason. I'm sick of posting over and over, that isn't what I said, that isn't what I said, that isn't what I said. I do the same thing to you to make that point and you don't get that either.

Here's the rule. You can post all the endless inane liberal drivel in response to my posts you want. But if you ignore what I say and endlessly post that I said something I didn't say, then I will ignore you. When you say moronic liberal tripe, I can answer it or not. When you keep saying I said something I didn't, I feel compelled to address that I didn't say that.

The choice is yours. I'm not playing with you anymore on this point. Stop saying I said things I didn't. But feel free to be an idiot. Straight up.

And I don't care what your opinion on the matter is. The judicial branch is there for citizens to redress their grievances and the gay citizenry is doing that. Whine bitch moan all you want to, but we're still going to get equality by redressing our grievances using the system the founders set up for us.

You said that straight parents are the "ideal". That's no different than me saying right white parents are the "ideal". Both are opinions that have no bearing on civil marriage.

Didn't you already leave in a huff with a "I'm not speaking to you"? Well geez, you sure go back on your word a lot.

No, I said I wasn't responding seriously, I never said I'm not speaking to you until now. You seriously have very little reading comprehension. And also dumb bimbo, you don't use quote marks for paraphrasing, you use them for actual quotes. I never said that. And again, yes, anyone who opposes gay marriage is a racist, I got it.

Also note there was no question mark. I am informing you that you're just tired now. You can say whatever you want to say to my posts, but you must represent my view accurately. It's your choice. I don't give a crap either way. But I'm done with the endless loop of you don't even know what my argument is, and you aren't bright enough to screw with, you don't get it.

Yes, you stated quite clearly that your opinion was that straight parents were "ideal."I quite clearly pointed out that it was your opinion and not actually supported by facts.

The children of gays are fine...even better now that their parents can get legally married...just like you are

Yes, some gays live in fear...far too many. Unfortunately with good reason.

One in six gay or bisexual people has suffered hate crimes poll reveals World news The Guardian

One in six gay or bisexual people has suffered hate crimes poll reveals World news The Guardian

here we go with the hate crime bullshit. Tell me wytchey, is it worse if someone kills you to steal your money or because he doesn't like lesbians? either way you are dead and he is a murderer. Why does what he was thinking make one act worse? This is lunacy.

here we go with the hate crime bullshit. Tell me wytchey, is it worse if someone kills you to steal your money or because he doesn't like lesbians? either way you are dead and he is a murderer. Why does what he was thinking make one act worse? This is lunacy.

It means that if you appear to be homosexual, you are more likely to be assaulted.

It means that if you appear to be homosexual, you are more likely to be assaulted.

So what? If you are an old jewish lady with a shopping cart you are also likely to be assaulted.

again, why does what was in the mind of the criminal make one crime worse than another.

So what? If you are an old jewish lady with a shopping cart you are also likely to be assaulted.

again, why does what was in the mind of the criminal make one crime worse than another.

What does that have to do with point that homosexuals are more likely to be assaulted than non-homosexuals- the post your were responding to?

And that has to do with the historic discrimination and attacks Gays faced- how?

Such an environment was the one that used to exist- when heros like Turling were prosecuted for having sex with another adult. When people like yourself tried to ban homosexuals from teaching in California schools. When people like yourself mandated firing of homosexuals from the State Department

Yes, gays have been lynched and driven into ghettos. Got it. Even if your imagination weren't running wild, what does that have to do with today?

Yes, a crime is a crime.

"more likely" is highly relative. If I don't wear a seat belt on my way home from the grocery store, I am more likely to die on the way home than if I do. The overwhelming odds either way are I get home safely. I hardly live in terror if I don't wear it home.

Yes, gays have been lynched and driven into ghettos. Got it. Even if your imagination weren't running wild, what does that have to do with today?

I was responding to Silhouette's feverish claims that homosexuals are a 'sexual cult'- and also responding to the use of the slippery slope fallacy so often mentioned by her- when I brought up how homophobes like herself promoted laws that criminalized sex between consenting adults- pointing out the example of Allan Turling- who was one of the main people who cracked the Nazi enigma code- and then 5 years later was persecuted for being gay.

What this has to do with today is Silhouette's constant campaign against anything- and everything homosexual- IF the slippery slope was real, then logically following her recommendations would lead right back to the days when a brilliant mathematician and war hero could be persecuted for having sex with the wrong gender.

If the slippery slope that the opponents of gay marriage was real, then everything that they say homosexuals must be prevented from doing could be argued as a slippery slope back to the old days of legal persecution and legally ignored physical abuse.

"more likely" is highly relative. If I don't wear a seat belt on my way home from the grocery store, I am more likely to die on the way home than if I do. The overwhelming odds either way are I get home safely. I hardly live in terror if I don't wear it home.

Yep it is highly relative. The quote was "Yes, some gays live in fear"- just like some women live in fear, because they are more likely to be sexually assaulted than a man. Not all and yes the term is relative.

Hate crimes are so designated because of their intent to terrorize a group of people.

Do you think cop killers or child killers should get a harsher sentence? (Hint: they DO)

Forum List

Back