Jimmy Carter: "Leave Gay Marriage To States To Decide" (Right On Jimmy!)

So I'm all about leaving you alone to do your business in private. You've yet to demonstrate I'm about anything but that. However, I've demonstrated how you folks are currently engaged in the fearful activities you're theorizing falsely that you suppose I'm up to. You are projecting your fears that what you're already up to will be done to you.

You have demonstrated that you lie in order to create an environment of fear towards homosexuals.

Such an environment was the one that used to exist- when heros like Turling were prosecuted for having sex with another adult. When people like yourself tried to ban homosexuals from teaching in California schools. When people like yourself mandated firing of homosexuals from the State Department.

Gays live in fear? You haven't seen a gay pride parade, have you?

Yes, some gays live in fear...far too many. Unfortunately with good reason.

One in six gay or bisexual people has suffered hate crimes poll reveals World news The Guardian

here we go with the hate crime bullshit. Tell me wytchey, is it worse if someone kills you to steal your money or because he doesn't like lesbians? either way you are dead and he is a murderer. Why does what he was thinking make one act worse? This is lunacy.

Hate crimes are so designated because of their intent to terrorize a group of people.

Do you think cop killers or child killers should get a harsher sentence? (Hint: they DO)

Name a violent crime that isn't a hate crime.

You have demonstrated that you lie in order to create an environment of fear towards homosexuals.

Such an environment was the one that used to exist- when heros like Turling were prosecuted for having sex with another adult. When people like yourself tried to ban homosexuals from teaching in California schools. When people like yourself mandated firing of homosexuals from the State Department.

One in six gay or bisexual people has suffered hate crimes poll reveals World news The Guardian

here we go with the hate crime bullshit. Tell me wytchey, is it worse if someone kills you to steal your money or because he doesn't like lesbians? either way you are dead and he is a murderer. Why does what he was thinking make one act worse? This is lunacy.

Hate crimes are so designated because of their intent to terrorize a group of people.

Do you think cop killers or child killers should get a harsher sentence? (Hint: they DO)

There are plenty that don't fall into the category of a hate crime. If the crime targets someone because of their race, religion, perceived/known orientation, etc., it sometimes falls into that category.

Cop and child killers get additional sentencing. Would you like to stop that too?

This is just another one of those things nobody cared about until they started covering gays TOO.

There are plenty that don't fall into the category of a hate crime. If the crime targets someone because of their race, religion, perceived/known orientation, etc., it sometimes falls into that category.

Cop and child killers get additional sentencing. Would you like to stop that too?

This is just another one of those things nobody cared about until they started covering gays TOO.

So if a victim is unfortunate enough to be male, white and straight and someone bashes his head in for his wallet, that isn't a hate crime. Got it, useless wench. If sentences aren't stiff enough for you, they aren't stiff enough for anyone.

I've never heard of cop or child killing classified as a hate crime. Or that the purpose was terrorism. The problem with political hate crimes is that you are making people more or less guilty depending on how they think. That's too much power to put in someone else's hands, essentially giving them god like authority. Violence against anybody should be dealt with harshly, you can thank liberalized courts for letting scumbags out early or plea deals for much less time.

It means that if you appear to be homosexual, you are more likely to be assaulted.

So what? If you are an old jewish lady with a shopping cart you are also likely to be assaulted.

again, why does what was in the mind of the criminal make one crime worse than another.

What does that have to do with point that homosexuals are more likely to be assaulted than non-homosexuals- the post your were responding to?

"more likely" got any proof of that? I was responding to the poster who brought hate crimes into the discussion.

So lets hear your answer: is it a worse crime if you are killed to steal your money or because the killer doesn't like gays? either way you are dead and he is a murderer. Why is one worse than the other?

So I'm all about leaving you alone to do your business in private. You've yet to demonstrate I'm about anything but that. However, I've demonstrated how you folks are currently engaged in the fearful activities you're theorizing falsely that you suppose I'm up to. You are projecting your fears that what you're already up to will be done to you.

Do you feel "terrorized" ? No I do not think cop and child killers should get harsher sentences. Murder is murder. I thought you libs were all about equality.

NO, what you are really about is finding ways to punish people who disagree with you. You are the worst kind of bigot.

^^^^^horseshit

He's right. At least he is using common sense of how gay marriage should be delt with..........by the will of the voter and not by an activist rogue judge.

Jimmy Carter Leave gay marriage to states to decide - Washington Times

This is bullshit. Where was that incompetent slob BEFORE the activist judges began legislating from the bench? Now that we are being hijacked by these clowns in robes, that old fart is all "states rights". He's STILL full of crap. Stick to pounding nails Jimmah - That's about all you are good for.

He's right. At least he is using common sense of how gay marriage should be delt with..........by the will of the voter and not by an activist rogue judge.

This is bullshit. Where was that incompetent slob BEFORE the activist judges began legislating from the bench? Now that we are being hijacked by these clowns in robes, that old fart is all "states rights". He's STILL full of crap. Stick to pounding nails Jimmah - That's about all you are good for.
Gotta say the timing is very weird for this. I suspect he "came out for states' rights" right now in order to try to scrape the gay brand off the democratic party. His actions were to water down the fury at voters being told they don't have a right to set standards for childrens' families in their state; and that 'anything goes' must be allowed 'as parents'....to water down the direction in which that fury was looking...

He was trying to make it look like a non partisan issue, right on the eve of the Midterms. And shame on him for that. Generally, I really like the guy as far as not getting wrapped up in this kabuki theater. Normally he's just sort of plodding along helping the poor.

So if a victim is unfortunate enough to be male, white and straight and someone bashes his head in for his wallet, that isn't a hate crime. Got it, useless wench. If sentences aren't stiff enough for you, they aren't stiff enough for anyone.

If a head is bashed in for a wallet, it doesn't fit the category for anyone.

Do you think there should be no additional sentencing for cop or child killers?

Should there be a difference in sentencing between lighting a cross or a trash can on a black mans yard?

If a white mans head got bashed in because he was white and no other reason, it DOES fit the definition. Did you ALWAYS object to "hate crimes" legislation or just in the last decade?

Do you feel "terrorized" ? No I do not think cop and child killers should get harsher sentences. Murder is murder. I thought you libs were all about equality.

NO, what you are really about is finding ways to punish people who disagree with you. You are the worst kind of bigot.

And yet you're bitching only about legislation that ALSO protects gays. Get rid of them all or quit whining.

And yet you're bitching only about legislation that ALSO protects gays. Get rid of them all or quit whining.

I agree, there should not be anything called hate-crime legislation, because all it is is an attempt to control thoughts.

I agree, there should not be anything called hate-crime legislation, because all it is is an attempt to control thoughts.

No, actually it is additional sentencing for actions, not thought. You can think anything you want while bashing in heads, just don't say it out loud and you won't get additional sentencing.

It means that if you appear to be homosexual, you are more likely to be assaulted.

So what? If you are an old jewish lady with a shopping cart you are also likely to be assaulted.

again, why does what was in the mind of the criminal make one crime worse than another.

What does that have to do with point that homosexuals are more likely to be assaulted than non-homosexuals- the post your were responding to?

"more likely" got any proof of that?

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/122918NCJRS.pdf

Lesbian and Gay population was about 10 times more likely to be the victims of violence than the population as a whole.

The KKK agrees with you entirely.

Gotta say the timing is very weird for this. I suspect he "came out for states' rights" right now in order to try to scrape the gay brand off the democratic party. His actions were to water down the fury at voters being told they don't have a right to set standards for childrens' families in their state; and that 'anything goes' must be allowed 'as parents'....to water down the direction in which that fury was looking...

He was trying to make it look like a non partisan issue, right on the eve of the Midterms. And shame on him for that. Generally, I really like the guy as far as not getting wrapped up in this kabuki theater. Normally he's just sort of plodding along helping the poor.

More bat guano crazy 'analysis'.

perceived/known orientation, etc., it sometimes falls into that category.

Here's what I want to do. Take the sentence that you think someone should get for killing a cop or a privileged gay like you and the special protection you think you deserve for having sex with women, then make that the sentence for everyone who commits that crime.

perceived/known orientation, etc., it sometimes falls into that category.

Here's what I want to do. Take the sentence that you think someone should get for killing a cop or a privileged gay like you and the special protection you think you deserve for having sex with women, then make that the sentence for everyone who commits that crime.

You might go back and read my posts. Information isn't advocacy. I was informing you of the nature of these laws, not advocating for them.

I want people to stop targeting people solely on their actual or perceived orientation. Let's try that.

LOL, that is bull, we've been against hate crimes and said so all along. You just betrayed your own bigotry, turns out you didn't care about the issue until gays came up. You're a one trick pony.

LOL, that is bull, we've been against hate crimes and said so all along. You just betrayed your own bigotry, turns out you didn't care about the issue until gays came up. You're a one trick pony.

Of course you have...and called your legislator to get rid of them all too, right?

Forum List

Back