Jodi Arias Penalty

I missed all but maybe the last 20 minutes of it, but can someone explain the end of Shutter Island for me?

Good movie! You should really watch the entire thing.

So did you guys ever see Shutter Island? Did DiCaprio's character actually kill his wife? And what did he mean in the end? Something about living as a bad man or dying as a good man and which is better?
Were they taking him off to execute him? I know it might have helped if I had actually watched more than 15-20 minutes at the end, but still.

You REALLY need to see this from the beginning!

Just to add, NO, they didn't take him to execute him. He's in a mental institution; his mind shut down to protect him several years previous. He is a cop, came home one day after work to find his manic depressive wife had drowned their children, he in turn killed her, and was placed in the institution. He believes he's there investigating the disappearance of someone. Every once in a while, his mind lets him go back to the present, and he remembers everything, then just as fast, his mind shuts back down. If you watch it from the beginning, it'll make sense at the end. LOL

Last edited:
So did you guys ever see Shutter Island? Did DiCaprio's character actually kill his wife? And what did he mean in the end? Something about living as a bad man or dying as a good man and which is better?
Were they taking him off to execute him? I know it might have helped if I had actually watched more than 15-20 minutes at the end, but still.

Wasn't this one of the whack-o DiCaprio movies? He has the "good ones" and the "whack-os" He's like Nicholas Cage like that.

If I do, will I understand that question? It seemed cryptic and deep.

Wasn't this one of the whack-o DiCaprio movies? He has the "good ones" and the "whack-os" He's like Nicholas Cage like that.

Wait, Nick Cage has movies that aren't whacko? Aren't they whacko by virtue of having him in them?

Remember that youtube video someone put together of all Cage's movies where he was completely unhinged? Classic.

Yep! If you haven't seen it, you need to!

Saw this movie...the strangest twist of a movie at the end I have ever seen...i was shocked...totally unpredictable...loved it.

Basically...Dicap was the whacko he spent the whole movie trying to identify.

:razz:There you go...I intentionally ruined it for Testy....just in case she decides to watch it...

My deepest apologies, testy:wtf:

Last edited:

If I do, will I understand that question? It seemed cryptic and deep.

Yes, it'll all make sense if you see it from the beginning.

Hey you all! Work work work. It was so nice today. I wanted to be in the pool. Work tomorrow too. Ugh. But hope yall have a great weekend!

Forum List

Back