Jodi Arias Trial - Closing Arguments

Oh no...I am all for the death penalty. Just not in this case...it was an emotional murder...not a psycho stalking innocent people with no attachment whatsoever. People do crazy and stupid things when they are emotionally crippled.

The point is, a lot of people have been "abused" and do not resort to brutal murder. That is not an excuse to take another person's life. She could have left Travis and never seen him again. It was her choice to continue to see him and to obsess over him. She made the choice to kill him.
Yes, she made that choice...but like I said...it was an emotional murder, not a robbery or something like that. To me, that doesn't warrant the death penalty. Life in prison, sure...but not death. I am not saying she isn't psycho crazy...but again, emotions make people do things they normally would not do.

I agree. I'm against the DP. I would like to see her locked away for the rest of her life though.
Why do I always think of double penetration when you guys use DP.

:lol: Because you're pervy?
Just a little.

No concern for the OP. I just find it funny about all the bloodlust for Arias. She is a female...she wasn't gonna be executed no matter what. It is female privilege. The only reason they pushed for her death is because the case drew so much media attention...why???? Because she is hot. If she were an ugly POS like Grace...no one would care.

I have no blood lust, and you were addressing my post. I have repeatedly stated that I am against the death penalty. Life without parole would be appropriate for any person who takes the life of another. Do you disagree with that?
Oh no...I am all for the death penalty. Just not in this case...it was an emotional murder...not a psycho stalking innocent people with no attachment whatsoever. People do crazy and stupid things when they are emotionally crippled.

She is still a very dangerous person, capable of murdering again if things don't go her way. That is why she needs to be locked away from other innocent people. Although I agree that Travis was not very loving or nice to her, that is no excuse to take his life. What she should have done is sought some therapy for herself.
Sure...and she is where she should be...in prison.

Okay, do you agree that person who takes another person's life should only serve 20 years in prison? Think about it. Why do we do this? I can understand paroling a bank robber or something, but a person who has taken another person's life? I think they should spend the rest of their lives in jail until they die.
I believe there are ALWAYS mitigating circumstances that should be considered in any sentence.

I have no blood lust, and you were addressing my post. I have repeatedly stated that I am against the death penalty. Life without parole would be appropriate for any person who takes the life of another. Do you disagree with that?

She is still a very dangerous person, capable of murdering again if things don't go her way. That is why she needs to be locked away from other innocent people. Although I agree that Travis was not very loving or nice to her, that is no excuse to take his life. What she should have done is sought some therapy for herself.

Okay, do you agree that person who takes another person's life should only serve 20 years in prison? Think about it. Why do we do this? I can understand paroling a bank robber or something, but a person who has taken another person's life? I think they should spend the rest of their lives in jail until they die.
I believe there are ALWAYS mitigating circumstances that should be considered in any sentence.

Such as? What would make you wish for a person NOT to receive a life sentence for taking a life, besides self defense of course. Is there ever an excuse for outright murder?

Such as? What would make you wish for a person NOT to receive a life sentence for taking a life, besides self defense of course. Is there ever an excuse for outright murder?
abusive situations...accidents...convictions on circumstantial evidence...revenge

If someone were to rape my wife...should I be executed for killing the perpetrator?

abusive situations...accidents...convictions on circumstantial evidence...revenge

Revenge? You cannot be serious. :D

Anyway, I have to get back to work, so we can continue this later if you want. :bye1:

Anyway, I have to get back to work, so we can continue this later if you want. :bye1:
Have fun!

If someone were to rape my wife...should I be executed for killing the perpetrator?

I would consider that self defense.
Even if it wasn't 'during the act'?

How about the case in CO I think...where the man shot an intruder breaking into his garage and was convicted of murder....should he be executed? NO!!! (He shouldn't have been convicted, but that's another argument).

I would consider that self defense.
Even if it wasn't 'during the act'?

How about the case in CO I think...where the man shot an intruder breaking into his garage and was convicted of murder....should he be executed? NO!!! (He shouldn't have been convicted, but that's another argument).

Why do you keep bringing up execution? I already told you a whole bunch of times that I'm against the death penalty.

I don't know about that case.

If it isn't during the act, then it would not be self defense or defense of your family or property. Since you went and hunted him down to kill him, that would be on you. Although I must admit that if I was raped, I might want to hunt him down and kill him. The problem with this is it is vigilante justice and the reason why that was made illegal to begin with is because of innocent people being accused and killed when it was actually someone else.

Have fun!

Fun at work??? :lol: Well thanks, but it's not too much "fun." :D

re are you getting this from. Nancy Grace interviewed Juror #4 last night and he said the opposite - that she was open to the death penalty.

Angry Jodi Arias jurors say holdout had agenda

"Jurors said the holdout kept using the word "revenge" in relation to the death penalty. They asked if there was a circumstance in which she felt like she could agree to sentence someone to death; she was unable to provide such a scenario, they said."

"According to several jurors, the holdout declined to deliberate over the evidence, prompting the foreman at one point to ask if the juror could be replaced because he felt there were legitimate questions about juror bias and ineffective deliberations."

The call on the juror was the judge's, and she let it slip by.

I don't think the sentencing can be reopened.

Jodi Arias may be a free woman some day, at least physically.

I read that she could possibly be released in 25 years, but that is doubtful. She will probably be in jail until she is a VERY old woman at least.

Jurors in Jodi Arias case We were 11-1 for death penalty - Yahoo News
Ahem...19 years with time served..she can be out by the time she hits 55
She will have plenty of cougar years left in her.

Do remember that she has been incarcerated for years now. She has adjusted obviously, had a network of acquaintances, and will develop a new set of life-long associates where she will be housed. She is a survivor.

Do remember that she has been incarcerated for years now. She has adjusted obviously, had a network of acquaintances, and will develop a new set of life-long associates where she will be housed. She is a survivor.

Yup, she's probably going to be a lesbian now. :D Poor Nutz. He'd better get in those conjugal visits FAST! :lol:

Yup, she's probably going to be a lesbian now. :D Poor Nutz. He'd better get in those conjugal visits FAST! :lol:
i bet the prison ladies are in line.

Forum List

Back