Joe Biden denied Holy Communion at Florence church

Judge not least you be judged.

Shouldn't it be between God and Joe?

There is a reason for the decline in super-naturalism. Seriously, this magical power the church professes of somehow transmuting a little wafer and wine into the body and blood of Christ at consecration, seems to me a little suspect.

But to each his own.

1 Corinthians 1
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

FLORENCE, S.C. — Former Vice President Joe Biden, a candidate for the Democratic nomination in the 2020 presidential race, was denied Holy Communion on Sunday morning at a Florence church.

Father Robert E. Morey of Saint Anthony Catholic Church confirmed Monday afternoon that he had denied the presidential candidate Holy Communion because of his stance on abortion. Biden, a lifelong Catholic, had attended the church’s 9 a.m. Mass.

You know you are vile when you own faith turns its back on you
Democrats are a godless party and why you truly cant be a Christian and a democrat
Would this priest give communion to Donald Trump who brags about grabbing women by the pussy, 5 children with 3 wives, multiple affairs, separates children from their parents, continually lies.
Of course many Priests have more moral sins than Trumps.

Yes this same priest or any other Catholic priest would refuse communion to TRUMP based on TRUMP not being Catholic. If TRUMP were to go up for communion he would receive a blessing.

Biden was refused communion because he publicly advocates for abortion.

Trump isn't a confirmed Catholic. He cannot receive Communion

I know and said as much in my post. Non-Catholics and Catholics unable to receive communion are welcome to come forward during communion and receive a blessing. They are usually asked to approach with arms crossed to let the priest or deacon know they are not receiving communion. It's not uncommon to see children who are getting ready for their first communion walking in-line with arms crossed over their chest.

Judge not least you be judged.

Shouldn't it be between God and Joe?

John 20:22-23
22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

God is not a republican and you do not speak for him. It's the evangelical right that is killing christianity in America. No one since the inqusition has set a worse example of what a christian should be.

Evangelicals have little to do with the Catholic Church. As a Catholic, I know what I signed up for and what the rules are. I know that I can be denied Communion or even excommunicated for my behavior or views that are in conflict with the Church’s teachings. Same goes for Biden. He can always leave the Church.

God is not a republican and you do not speak for him. It's the evangelical right that is killing christianity in America. No one since the inqusition has set a worse example of what a christian should be.

Evangelicals have little to do with the Catholic Church. As a Catholic, I know what I signed up for and what the rules are. I know that I can be denied Communion or even excommunicated for my behavior or views that are in conflict with the Church’s teachings. Same goes for Biden. He can always leave the Church.

Biden should call Mitt and see if the Morman's will take 'em.

FLORENCE, S.C. — Former Vice President Joe Biden, a candidate for the Democratic nomination in the 2020 presidential race, was denied Holy Communion on Sunday morning at a Florence church.

Father Robert E. Morey of Saint Anthony Catholic Church confirmed Monday afternoon that he had denied the presidential candidate Holy Communion because of his stance on abortion. Biden, a lifelong Catholic, had attended the church’s 9 a.m. Mass.

Democrats are a godless party and why you truly cant be a Christian and a democrat
Would this priest give communion to Donald Trump who brags about grabbing women by the pussy, 5 children with 3 wives, multiple affairs, separates children from their parents, continually lies.

Yes this same priest or any other Catholic priest would refuse communion to TRUMP based on TRUMP not being Catholic. If TRUMP were to go up for communion he would receive a blessing.

I know and said as much in my post. Non-Catholics and Catholics unable to receive communion are welcome to come forward during communion and receive a blessing. They are usually asked to approach with arms crossed to let the priest or deacon know they are not receiving communion. It's not uncommon to see children who are getting ready for their first communion walking in-line with arms crossed over their chest.

No, Catholic children know they have to be confirmed. It's a very special moment when this happens.

Idk know where you got this info but it's not true.

The happiest days of my life were seeing our children confirmed, taking first communion and confession.

They became God's children and welcomed into the Church.

Anyone pretending to be Catholic and recieving communion isn't right

I have had communion at a Catholic Church and I am not Catholic

Didn't mean shit.....only to you
Have you personally discussed my Catholic communion with God? Did he say it did not mean poop? I know God is not as crude as you..

No, Catholic children know they have to be confirmed. It's a very special moment when this happens.

The happiest days of my life were seeing our children confirmed, taking first communion and confession.

God has many children. Most are not Catholic and have not gone through Catholic confirmation.

There is zero evidence that Biden is a Christian. All evidence says the opposite. Pastor should be congratulated.

God is damn sure not a baby killing Democrat so your assertion is bullshit on its face.
God kills babies everyday with disease and starvation. This supposedly omnipotent being sits on his non-existent ass while misery kills children by the thousands and you so-called Christians refuse to do anything either. So fucking concerned with the fate of the unborn but don't give a damn after they exit the womb. Get off your high horse, there are babies suffering terribly right now somewhere. do something about that and then I might believe you care about something other than putting women back in their place.
Yep, right on cue the theological expert displays what an ignoramus he is.

God is damn sure not a baby killing Democrat so your assertion is bullshit on its face.
God kills babies everyday with disease and starvation. This supposedly omnipotent being sits on his non-existent ass while misery kills children by the thousands and you so-called Christians refuse to do anything either. So fucking concerned with the fate of the unborn but don't give a damn after they exit the womb. Get off your high horse, there are babies suffering terribly right now somewhere. do something about that and then I might believe you care about something other than putting women back in their place.
Weatherthing is an ignoramus because he tries hard to act like an expert of everything. A sure sign of an ignoramus.

Weatherthing is an ignoramus because he tries hard to act like an expert of everything. A sure sign of an ignoramus.

He's just smarter than you.
And, a WINNER too!

BS. I’m not an expert on everything. I have no idea whether you wear white or pink women’s panties to work everyday.

In the last few Catholic Churches I have been a member of it is a common practice for children who have not had their first communion and adults preparing to be confirmed to go forward during communion to receive a blessing.

th

Children don't have to confirmed to receive communion they only need to be baptized and make a first confession to receive communion.

To be honest I have no idea if the blessing is something that started like the holding hands during the Our Father and priests have no idea how to stop the practice without upsetting the members.

Why does old Pro Abortion Joe think he should receive communion? Because God loves it when a child is ripped from the womb and dismembered?

Forum List

Back