John Kerry: We could have shot the jet down.

Should the Russian jet been shot down prior to reaching our ship?

• Hell yeah!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jesus fucking Christ you people are ridiculous.
Shooting down some Russian planes or dropping a low yield nuke in an uninhabited area in Russia is one way to avoid an all out war. Don't think the Pentagon doesn't have a contingency plan for such an action.

Don't think the Pentagon doesn't have a contingency plan for such an action.

it used to be like that

as of late word has it

is call our enemies small and other assorted names
Obama could always just exchange insults with them over the internet.
Aggressive action puts pacifist Democrat's in a weak position during an election year, so our enemies can do just about anything they want and the Dems won't respond with anything but tough words in public and groveling in private to meet our enemies demands.

The only people that Democrats want to punish is Americans.....not foreign aggressors.

You and Kaz are armchair Admirals/Generals, lacking any of the essential tools and information necessary to support your calls for violence. If the vote on this poll is a reflection of how most American's feel, it seems the Neo Conservative movement is dead. That does not make us a nation of peaceniks, it means we are a nation that now thinks before it acts - as exemplified by the Skipper of Cook.

Spend enough time in 3rd world countries or around foreigners, and you start to get a better picture of what makes them tick. If you think your average American is a bigot, you need to spend time over there and experience true bigotry. I've been in cities where a white man risks being killed if he simply walks down the sidewalk.
Russians have the largest landmass in the world and they are constantly looking to expand it. While I was living in Germany, Russians where very much disliked and for good reason. When you have a neighbor that would invade you in a moment's notice, you tend to get that way.

This nation has always thought before it acted....but how long does it take to act with you people?

The correct answer is forever.

You will never act, because fear of the unknown scares you into complacency. You don't want to upset anyone other than a Trump supporter. You'll attack only soft targets. People who just want to be left alone to live their lives. There's never a risk for you liberals when attacking Republicans. They're a punchline to your jokes at parties.

Unfortunately, I represent reality, and it doesn't fit into your ideology. The truth often times can be offensive. I know.....it's a terrible fact of life....once you start living it. So....go fuck yourself.

I say hell yeah, this was pure Russian aggression. Putin is just laughing at us and our spineless wuss of a President. This isn't the endless games our militaries play, he crossed the line. And he did it on purpose to embarrass us. And it worked, our spineless President again showed what he is. No wonder the world doesn't take us seriously

Unfortunately, during the Cold War we dealt with shit like this on a daily basis. It's not really that much of a provocation. These planes were probably not even armed. It's nothing more than a cat and mouse game that has been going on since the end of WWII.
Just games people. Back in the early eighties, we flew RC135's (recon) over the Baltic and watched MIG 23's fly up next to us and tip their wings to show us their missles. Just their way of telling us that they were watching us watch them. Wasn't unusual to happen every mission.

Indeed. This sort of thing happened nearly daily during the Cold War. The Soviets went to the field in Germany with the Armor units to keep an eye on them. We went to the field with the Armor units to keep an eye on the Soviets. Daily thing. We counted their tanks, planes, and infantry units - they counted ours. The life of a 97B.

Did it really happen this extremely? It sounds like it's beyond that. I don't see this analogous to the tipping wings to show missiles, that seemed a lot more appropriate.

As I said (after you posted this), I am not really advocating shooting it down based on that we don't have a line, I'm just saying there needs to be a line. Putin is totally using our spineless President to push the barrier

I say hell yeah, this was pure Russian aggression. Putin is just laughing at us and our spineless wuss of a President. This isn't the endless games our militaries play, he crossed the line. And he did it on purpose to embarrass us. And it worked, our spineless President again showed what he is. No wonder the world doesn't take us seriously

In 1967 I was standing watch on the fantail of a destroyer when we went to GQ based on an unidentified sonar contact with a sub. We played tag for a while but eventually lost contact and stood down. But for the several hours I stood by in the aft gun mount, the movie The Bedford Incident was much on my mind.

Fools like you make me sick.

What does your experience have to do with the ship in the Baltic?

Oh, so you want to shoot down a plane that flies 30 feet from our ship, so you want to shoot down every Russian plane and sink every ship and sub that does anything to track our ships!

Moron

A few days ago, the President didn’t get blame/credit for the military actions. You should pick a position and stick with it little boy.

Explain:

Policy: Obama authorized the operation to get bin Laden, he didn't find or get bin Laden.

Baltic: Obama approved the ROEs that lead to our response in the Baltic, he didn't actually fly a plane or engage the Russians.

I didn't criticize O for bin Laden, just said he doesn't get credit for getting him, the military did the work. Sure, he approved it. Just like he approved the ROEs in the Baltic. You're seeing a different positions in those ... where ... sweet girl?

In 1967 I was standing watch on the fantail of a destroyer when we went to GQ based on an unidentified sonar contact with a sub. We played tag for a while but eventually lost contact and stood down. But for the several hours I stood by in the aft gun mount, the movie The Bedford Incident was much on my mind.

What does that have to do with the ship in the Baltic.

Oh, so you want to shoot down a plane that flies 30 feet from our ship, so you want to shoot down every Russian plane and sink every ship and sub that does anything to track our ships!

Moron
Shoot one of them down and they'll stop buzzing you......then you won't have to lose any sleep going to General Quarters every time some jet comes within 200 miles of the ship.

Just wondering, do you also think the Chinese should shoot your planes down when you pi$$ them off again?

:alcoholic:

Walk through the scenarios and see if you can spot your fallacy

oh, and for all the fuckheads that think we didn't kill him b/c of obama.

obama nor any Pres even hears about such things the day after, if at all.

Exactly. I'm all for calling Obama out on things he does wrong, but this has nothing to do with him

Apparently, the jet did not carry out hostilities.

F'ing what? It flew within 30 feet of our ship, what would be hostile?

Turkey drew a line and backed it up. Have the Russians invaded Turkey? This is why they are doing this, they are pushing further and further to find out where the line is. You really think that with today's technology Russia couldn't say out of Turkish airspace?

There's only one way to draw a line. I'm not saying to shoot down every Russian plane that flies too close to an American ship. Not saying that at all. But there is a point where it's not feasible we let them that close to our military, that plane went well past that line
did you read what the officer in charge of that ship had to say? and you and your repub friends blaming obama for not shooting the plane down is just more repub pissing in the wind

Strawman, I blamed Obama for the ROEs.

the ship's captain has labeled the Russian overflights as "unsafe and unprofessional"

The military said they were "simulated attack profile" and that it's part of a series of "unsafe" actions by the Russians.

Yo, they know they can do it, and nothing will happen, they learned this from N. Korea and Iran!!!

"GTP"
It Comes Down To The Balless President!
Turkey Didn`t Mess Around! Blew That Bitch Out Of The Sky!
View attachment 71512
There weren't any bombs. It wasn't aggression. You are completely full of shit and I'm extremely glad no one with your ultra sensitivity is Commander in Chief. Look at you funny and watch out boy!

The Captain of this ship should be arrested immediately.

So we should start a war with Russia over a jet flying by?
That was not "a jet" it was Russians foremost weapon of war a mig fighter. And if a war is started, which it would not be, we did not start it, the Russians did. Would you not have blockaded Cuba because it would start a war. Go smoke your doobie kid.

You going to get out there and go fight the war chicken hawk? Are you going to send your kids to go out there and die? No, of course not, you'll just sit behind your computer being a keyboard warrior while everyone else's children get slaughtered for your war over a jet

You mean like how he's bombed and invaded Turkey for shooting down those two Russian jets? So seriously, you think that Putin is repeatedly, intentionally conducting provocating extreme action, egged on by our pussy President, but if we react he's going to start WWIII? Really?

You're usually more grounded than that

Yo, they know they can do it, and nothing will happen, they learned this from N. Korea and Iran!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 71512
There weren't any bombs. It wasn't aggression. You are completely full of shit and I'm extremely glad no one with your ultra sensitivity is Commander in Chief. Look at you funny and watch out boy!
perhaps kaz would be satisfied if obama issued an order to shoot any plane that comes that close,out of the air?

Moron
Shoot one of them down and they'll stop buzzing you......then you won't have to lose any sleep going to General Quarters every time some jet comes within 200 miles of the ship.

Putin won't lose any sleep if shoot it down either ...

Moron

Russians love to bluff. Call his bluff and they back off.

"GTP"
View attachment 71512
perhaps kaz would be satisfied if obama issued an order to shoot any plane that comes that close,out of the air?

Hyperbole is such a butt stupid, intellectually lazy response. Making you just the guy to do it!

Moron

Russians love to bluff. Call his bluff and they back off.

It's what Putin is looking for, the line. Obama doesn't have one. Putin could stick his head in a toilet and flush. Maybe he has ...

Your post #32 here;
You're the one with the issues. You were Army or Air Force or none of the above?

So you think the because I think the rules of engagement in a contentious area with the Russians came from the top? That means I'm clueless? Wow, you just proved how clueless you are
Now you're making shit up. Come here straw man...I got a match!

So you were never in any branch of the military, eh? Why am I not surprised!

So just to be clear, you are saying that the ROEs for a ship off the Russian coast would not have gone to Obama and Kerry for signoff. You seriously believe that? Feel behind your ears, it is actually wet, isn't it?
Don't be fucking absurd! Get out of that armchair Admiral/General! Even LBJ and Robert McNamara didn't get that far into the weeds during the Vietnam War to get right down to individual units and destroyers. Get some more of that aluminum foil for your hats! How many black helicopter have you seen today? DAMN!!!!

That's adorable, I'm glad there are still such innocent people like you in the world. A throwback to a simpler day when the world was so much more clear.

NATO war games in Eastern Europe by the Russian coast and you think it's a low level decision whether to shoot down a Russian jet or not when they've been buzzing our ships already. Oh, the pretty nurse is here to feed you, I'll catch up with you later ...
Hey, shit for brains, SecState (Kerry) has NEVER been in the US Navy's chain of command. NEVER IDIOT. Claiming that is fucking IGNORANT and displays your abject IGNORANCE of the US Navy's command structure. That cabinet slot in the chain would be reserved for SecNav, twit!

Obviously, you have never been in the Navy, or any other branch, and are not cognizant of the US Navy's command structure. POTUS is in the chain of command, but sure as Hell does not get involved in micro-management of routine mission assignments, fool! And where would POTUS find the time to micro-manage all of the strategic and tactical military assets abroad, dummy?

Educate yourself and review the basic multilayered US Navy command structure from the CNO down by reviewing the site directly below. It is many tiers deep just starting at the CNO down to the unit commander, and doesn't include the layers above the CNO up to POTUS!
US Navy Organization - Mission of the Navy

Your false bravado and stupid, stupid uninformed assertion that Kerry and Obama somehow got together and gave specific detailed direct orders to that Navy Commander commanding that destroyer is nothing but hot air from an ignorant know-it-all...that would be you, Kaz!

Forum List

Back