John Lennon

It's interesting you say that about Ringo... he was actually the best actor of all the Beatles. He had several movie roles back in the day. He didn't win any Oscars but he wasn't that bad.

With their royalties, I doubt any of them or their families have had to do without.

I read he had a small role in a cowboy film, but I have never seen it. But the other three Beatles made a lot of albums in their own right after they split up. I had most of their various albums and enjoyed them all. But Ringo cannot have made as much money out of the Beatles as the rest of them because he did not write the songs, and most of their money came from the royalties. I don't think Ringo was in for a share of that.

I'm pretty sure anything he did with The Beatles is covered by royalties. IMDb lists him with 38 acting credits but that includes all the Beatles films and a bunch of voice and narration. Since the 90s, most of his work has been in children's programming... but still, it's a paycheck.

I remember the movie he did as a caveman. He was also in several 'made-for-TV' movies.
Ringo was my fav. LOved him Caveman. I even have a small cabinet in the laundry room for one of the roomies and on it, I painted ool. Of course Roomie has no idea what Ool is...nor what zug zug means. :lol:

I remember when the Rolling Stones appeared on TV. I hated them because I thought they were trying to take the place of the Beatles. I was in grammar school at that time. All the guys started wearing their hair in beatle haircuts. Then the beach boys..oh, I loved them. And The Animals. Had a major cruch on Eric Burden. I eventually came to love the Rolling Stones. Then Janis Joplin, Led Zeplin, Iron Butterfly, etc.

Funny thing happened over at twitter the other night. One of the guys I follow due to his gorgeous pics he posts, added a description of Vanilla Fudge reference. I responded to his tweet that most have no clue what the reference was or who Vanilla Fudge was and he replied with lols. Two old fogies enjoining past lives, he and I. :lol:

This is how it's done! This is a John chord progression. With McCartney overtones! What a great song! One of their best songs ever!

This is another Lennon/Beatle song.

You know, they've restricted posting Beatle songs on the internet. So I'm going to post this version from one of my fav movies of all time.... Across the Universe! Please watch that movie, if you like the Beatles.

But here's the Lennon song that i can't post the original of, so I have to post the ATU version, which is equally good! All the songs on ATU are among the best covers of Beatle music ever! And all the actors and actresses actually sang them!

This is what I meant to post, with the video... sorry!

Another Lennon classic, barred by youtube, but allowed if you go for the Across the Universe version, with Joe Cocker singing!!! Da Man!!!

Another song, Lennon mostly, with McCartney doing the beauty...

Bono sings this one, in the ATU version...

But this is the shit... This is what he was always saying!

I remember when the Rolling Stones appeared on TV. I hated them because I thought they were trying to take the place of the Beatles. I was in grammar school at that time. All the guys started wearing their hair in beatle haircuts. Then the beach boys..oh, I loved them. And The Animals. Had a major cruch on Eric Burden. I eventually came to love the Rolling Stones. Then Janis Joplin, Led Zeplin, Iron Butterfly, etc.

Funny thing happened over at twitter the other night. One of the guys I follow due to his gorgeous pics he posts, added a description of Vanilla Fudge reference. I responded to his tweet that most have no clue what the reference was or who Vanilla Fudge was and he replied with lols. Two old fogies enjoining past lives, he and I. :lol:

I was exactly the same way! I hated the Stones! Because they were the rivals of the Beatles! And with kid logic, you're either a Beatles fan or a Stones fan...

I started playing piano at 5. I refused to play the Rolling Stones, because I was a Beatle fan, even though this is the 70's at that point and the Beatles didn't exist anymore! And when I used to play at bars years later, people would request their music, and I couldn't play it. And would explain why...

I always liked the Stones music, but refused to get into it. But now that I'm older, I love the Rolling Stones! In fact, the last 2 covers I learned how to play, are Stone songs! Sympathy for the Devil, and Paint It Black. And I'm working on Under My Thumb...

BTW, I'm still the same way with The Who.... : -)

I was exactly the same way! I hated the Stones! Because they were the rivals of the Beatles! And with kid logic, you're either a Beatles fan or a Stones fan...

I started playing piano at 5. I refused to play the Rolling Stones, because I was a Beatle fan, even though this is the 70's at that point and the Beatles didn't exist anymore! And when I used to play at bars years later, people would request their music, and I couldn't play it. And would explain why...

I always liked the Stones music, but refused to get into it. But now that I'm older, I love the Rolling Stones! In fact, the last 2 covers I learned how to play, are Stone songs! Sympathy for the Devil, and Paint It Black. And I'm working on Under My Thumb...

BTW, I'm still the same way with The Who.... : -)

My dad was a huge fan of the Stones, so naturally I have always been, growing up listening to their music. My dad had a HUGE old album collection. I still have some of his records. Unfortunately, I don't have a turn table. Lol. :)

Can I get a shout out for Revolution No.9?

Number 9. Number 9. Number 9.

Which, played backwards is, "turn me on, deadman".

A relic from the McCartney death hoax period.

Can anyone verify or confirm that Lennon really made a song called, "Woman is the n*gger of the world"?

Sounds like a real nut to me if he did (no offense to any of his fans.)

-

Last edited:
The beatles suck anyway
Sorry to hear you have no ability to appreciate great art.
She loves me yeah yeah is not great art

Try the fool on the hill, or Sgt pepper, or the white album, or let it be, etc. etc.

They were great and each made their own contribution after the Beatles broke up. All exept for poor old Ringo who just had to auction his drum kit. Mind you he got over a million dollars for it.

Ringo's net worth is $350 million dollars.

There have been 4 major events in rock that changed the direction of music (and the world) ...

The first one was...

The second one was...

The third one was...

The fourth one was...

I would add in Van Halen coming on the scene. Eddie Van Halen is still the bench mark for rock guitar and they released their first album almost 40 years ago.

Can anyone verify or confirm that Lennon really made a song called, "Woman is the n*gger of the world"?

I actually think this might be one of his best songs. In terms of making a strong political statement and making you feel the emotion and passion surrounding it... this song is brilliant. I totally disagree with his liberal politics... loathe everything about it... but for some reason, I have always been able to divorce myself from political views in order to appreciate and love art. Maybe that's my "inner liberal" or something? I have no idea... but as hard core conservative as I am, artists like Lennon, Dylan, Sting, Neil Young... they just move me with the passion and poetic beauty. I loved to read Samuel Clements for the same reason. I don't have to agree with the politics, I can appreciate the passion in the art or something. It's a really strange thing I don't fully understand about myself.

Lately, I have been getting into a lot of "roots" music. Americana. John Prine is a genius. Never has a human being, (other than maybe Faulkner) been able to convey such vivid imagery and feeling in one line... he doesn't need a whole song... one line from John Prine will do the job. Todd Snider is another good one... Jason Isbell (Drive-By Truckers)... Townes Van Zandt and Gram Parsons, but they were a hazard to themselves in the end. And of course, Ray Wylie Hubbard has a song by Hayes Carll about the insane minds of the creative elite... A Drunken Poet's Dream!

Uh oh... I've posted a "country song" in a thread about Rock! :flameth::FIREdevil:

I actually think this might be one of his best songs. In terms of making a strong political statement and making you feel the emotion and passion surrounding it... this song is brilliant. I totally disagree with his liberal politics... loathe everything about it... but for some reason, I have always been able to divorce myself from political views in order to appreciate and love art. Maybe that's my "inner liberal" or something? I have no idea... but as hard core conservative as I am, artists like Lennon, Dylan, Sting, Neil Young... they just move me with the passion and poetic beauty. I loved to read Samuel Clements for the same reason. I don't have to agree with the politics, I can appreciate the passion in the art or something. It's a really strange thing I don't fully understand about myself.

Lately, I have been getting into a lot of "roots" music. Americana. John Prine is a genius. Never has a human being, (other than maybe Faulkner) been able to convey such vivid imagery and feeling in one line... he doesn't need a whole song... one line from John Prine will do the job. Todd Snider is another good one... Jason Isbell (Drive-By Truckers)... Townes Van Zandt and Gram Parsons, but they were a hazard to themselves in the end. And of course, Ray Wylie Hubbard has a song by Hayes Carll about the insane minds of the creative elite... A Drunken Poet's Dream!

Uh oh... I've posted a "country song" in a thread about Rock! :flameth::FIREdevil:

Stop ruining the thread with country music!!! :meow:

Forum List

Back