John Lewis was a great American Patriot

Risked his life and freedom fighting for Liberty and Justice

Lunch counter sit in’s
Freedom Rider
Led the March in Selma
Spoke before Martin Luther Kings.......I have a dream

He will be missed
He was a good puppet for you guys

Yeah, how dare we praise a black man who put his own safety and life in danger to fight against Jim Crow laws and for blacks to be able to register to vote.
He backed him crow years later

He did? Please provide a link showing John Lewis backed Jim Crow laws.
Umm he was a democrat

Let me help educate you. Jim Crow laws were specifically laws that required racial segregation. You know, segregated schools, public transportation, segregated bathrooms, water fountains and lunch counters. Unless you have some instance in which he supported racial segregation, just admit you were wrong and be done with it. This idea that any democrat supports every single facet of the entire history of the democratic party is ridiculous.
Todays Jim Crow laws are a lot worse today.. he lives in a district with blacks were living in rat infestation.. he is a disgusting human being we have more segregation today than we did back then.. Like I said I hope he rots in hell

So you obviously don't understand the definition of Jim Crow laws. Not much else to discuss.
Yea they Adapted to the law.. are you unaware of LBJ? Welfare? Break down of the family, who controls education? Just because they don’t come out and say hey these new laws are meant to destroy the Black people. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist

You claimed that John Lewis backed Jim Crow laws. Either you didn't mean "Jim Crow laws" when you said he backed Jim Crow laws, or you don't understand what Jim Crow laws were.

Jim Crow laws were not about destroying black people. They were about segregation.

Unless you have some segregation law that he backed, you have failed.
I’ve already addressed this.. If you can’t understand have somebody read it for you

No, you have not. First you said he supported Jim Crow laws. Then, when you were corrected, you tried to backtrack and talk about things that are not Jim Crow laws.

At least you learned the definition of Jim Crow laws today. That is a plus. Glad I could help out.
I already went over this.. please re read.. or have a 2 year old read it for you Capeesh?

No. You claimed he supported Jim Crow laws. Jim Crow laws are about segregation. That is it. So rather than talk about bad areas of Atlanta, tell me what forced segregation laws John Lewis supported.

" Jim Crow law, in U.S. history, any of the laws that enforced racial segregation in the South between the end of Reconstruction in 1877 and the beginning of the civil rights movement in the 1950s."

" Jim Crow laws were a collection of state and local statutes that legalized racial segregation."

" The segregation and disenfranchisement laws known as "Jim Crow" represented a formal, codified system of racial apartheid that dominated the American South for three quarters of a century beginning in the 1890s. The laws affected almost every aspect of daily life, mandating segregation of schools, parks, libraries, drinking fountains, restrooms, buses, trains, and restaurants. "Whites Only" and "Colored" signs were constant reminders of the enforced racial order."

All American kids should be taught how we all attained the right to vote. It is the cornerstone of our democracy, yet absent from our schools. Anyone blocking democracy should be called out. Who among us wanted or wants to block the vote?

“When I was elected President of the United States, I hugged him on the inauguration stand before I was sworn in and told him I was only there because of the sacrifices he made.” President Obama
What sacrifices did Lewis make?

Getting beaten numerous times, including getting a skull fracture. Being arrested. Having his life and that of his family threatened. I would call those sacrifices.
Nope when you go to a riot intending to riot and you get pegged that is called stupid

You forgot to mention what branch of the service he served in

They didn't intend to riot. They intended to march. They were beaten by state police, local police and mobs of angry white people.

To my knowledge he did not serve in the military. Is that the only way a person can make sacrifices for their country?

All American kids should be taught how we all attained the right to vote. It is the cornerstone of our democracy, yet absent from our schools. Anyone blocking democracy should be called out. Who among us wanted or wants to block the vote?

It's absent from our schools because civics was a removed course that was once required, during the Reagan administration.

“When I was elected President of the United States, I hugged him on the inauguration stand before I was sworn in and told him I was only there because of the sacrifices he made.” President Obama

Getting beaten numerous times, including getting a skull fracture. Being arrested. Having his life and that of his family threatened. I would call those sacrifices.
Nope when you go to a riot intending to riot and you get pegged that is called stupid

They did not riot
They protested and marched peacefully while being attacked by angry mobs and police
Being peaceful when idiots are stoning you is not really very bright

They didn't intend to riot. They intended to march. They were beaten by state police, local police and mobs of angry white people.

To my knowledge he did not serve in the military. Is that the only way a person can make sacrifices for their country?
Like Minneapolis in reverse

Lunch counter sit in’s
Freedom Rider
Led the March in Selma

He will be missed

Yeah, how dare we praise a black man who put his own safety and life in danger to fight against Jim Crow laws and for blacks to be able to register to vote.

Umm he was a democrat

Let me help educate you. Jim Crow laws were specifically laws that required racial segregation. You know, segregated schools, public transportation, segregated bathrooms, water fountains and lunch counters. Unless you have some instance in which he supported racial segregation, just admit you were wrong and be done with it. This idea that any democrat supports every single facet of the entire history of the democratic party is ridiculous.
Todays Jim Crow laws are a lot worse today.. he lives in a district with blacks were living in rat infestation.. he is a disgusting human being we have more segregation today than we did back then.. Like I said I hope he rots in hell

So you obviously don't understand the definition of Jim Crow laws. Not much else to discuss.
Yea they Adapted to the law.. are you unaware of LBJ? Welfare? Break down of the family, who controls education? Just because they don’t come out and say hey these new laws are meant to destroy the Black people. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist

You claimed that John Lewis backed Jim Crow laws. Either you didn't mean "Jim Crow laws" when you said he backed Jim Crow laws, or you don't understand what Jim Crow laws were.

Jim Crow laws were not about destroying black people. They were about segregation.

I’ve already addressed this.. If you can’t understand have somebody read it for you

No, you have not. First you said he supported Jim Crow laws. Then, when you were corrected, you tried to backtrack and talk about things that are not Jim Crow laws.

At least you learned the definition of Jim Crow laws today. That is a plus. Glad I could help out.
I already went over this.. please re read.. or have a 2 year old read it for you Capeesh?
Then copy and past it again kid, a white 8 year old could do this in 3 seconds

All you can do is claim that you answered all the worlds questions already
Im
Sorry why are you bothering me

Lunch counter sit in’s
Freedom Rider
Led the March in Selma

He will be missed

Umm he was a democrat

No. You claimed he supported Jim Crow laws. Jim Crow laws are about segregation. That is it. So rather than talk about bad areas of Atlanta, tell me what forced segregation laws John Lewis supported.

" Jim Crow law, in U.S. history, any of the laws that enforced racial segregation in the South between the end of Reconstruction in 1877 and the beginning of the civil rights movement in the 1950s."

" Jim Crow laws were a collection of state and local statutes that legalized racial segregation."

" The segregation and disenfranchisement laws known as "Jim Crow" represented a formal, codified system of racial apartheid that dominated the American South for three quarters of a century beginning in the 1890s. The laws affected almost every aspect of daily life, mandating segregation of schools, parks, libraries, drinking fountains, restrooms, buses, trains, and restaurants. "Whites Only" and "Colored" signs were constant reminders of the enforced racial order."
Again I already went over how Jim Crow laws were continued in other ways

And how democrats voted to Not allow blacks to vote

John Lewis at lunch counter sit in

View attachment 364645
And bringing up the past is doing what for you ??? The past is gone, and it has been corrected. The new generations are moving on from it, but people like you with a political agenda, and a greedyness for controlling government power, has to keep bringing the past foward as a blunt instrument to try and pursue a political outcome by using it as a weapon to beat future generations into submission. Quit thinking that people are so stupid to listen to your idiotic bullcrap. You are only fooling yourself, but are just to crazy to realize it.

How many would put up with what John Lewis did to fight for basic human rights?

Without fighting he endured people screaming vile names, spitting on him, beatings that put him in the hospital, arrests, threats on his life.

Many Civil Rights icons of the era were assassinated or just disappeared.

John Lewis was a brave man and American Patriot

Up in Dearbornistan, a few years ago, a group of Christians preached the gospel to a mob of Islamic Heathen that were gathered in a public park. The liberal pagans were so enraged that they stoned those that came to them to share the love of Jesus H. Christ.
Were the Christians beaten and arrested by the police like Lewis was?
Trust me, the history of the world will kill your attempt at suggesting that Christian's were never killed or abused for what they believe in. Now do you think that all blacks aren't being accepted just because of their skin colour or do you think maybe that some or maybe many blacks (just like it is for white's at various times), are "shunned" because of their bad character's or actions taken in life by the choices that they make ???

Otherwise just like today, it is believed that gangsta culture or gangsta lifestyle for just one example, should be forced upon various groups or upon other cultures by government decree if they try and separate from it.

So is it right for these Christian's or other group's to then be forced to have to mingle in with these gangsta's or group's against their will (not talking about skin colour, so don't even try to make it about skin colour), but I'm instead talking about habbits, traits, culture's, action's, character and stuff.... Most group's and cultures are rejecting of this blanketing idea of unifying with all who are present as a culture or as a group in some sort of controlled by government decree in collectivity today.

Should people be able to freely object to having lifestyles or cultures that are not intune with their group's identity or cultural ways of thinking without it being forced upon them ?? Should people be forced by government to accept these many different things upon them anyways, otherwise when government forces the issues when a stand is taken against the stuff that is not believed or intune with the various groups and/or cultures that disagree with alot of things ??

Is it right for government to force it all anyways ??? Could government be at the very root of all these problems now, because it takes the lazy way out or the cowards way out every time ???

They did not riot
They protested and marched peacefully while being attacked by angry mobs and police

I would agree. But John Lewis was adamant that violence was not the answer. And he backed that up by facing violence with peaceful protest. Even when others in the civil rights movement advocated violence against violence, he refused.

I would call that sacrifice.

Lunch counter sit in’s
Freedom Rider
Led the March in Selma

He will be missed

Umm he was a democrat

Again I already went over how Jim Crow laws were continued in other ways

No, you did not. You did not provide one single example of him supported laws that forced segregation. And forced segregation is what Jim Crow laws were all about.

They did not riot

I would agree. But John Lewis was adamant that violence was not the answer. And he backed that up by facing violence with peaceful protest. Even when others in the civil rights movement advocated violence against violence, he refused.

I would call that sacrifice.
I also do not believe that violence is the answer, however the only way to stop such is with an iron fist. Singing Kumbaya while you are getting your head split does not prove anything great unless you are Jesus and can come back from the dead

Generations from now, when parents teach their children what is meant by courage, the story of John Lewis will come to mind...a man who knew that change could not wait for some other person or some other time...whose life is a lesson in what MLK called "the fierce urgency of now."

"It is the power in the way of peace, the way of love...We must never, ever hate. The way of love is a better way." - John Lewis

Forum List

Back