John Lewis dead

Its funny, so many conservatives are quick to point out that republicans were the ones who worked for civil rights first. And when one of those on the front lines of the civil rights movement in the early days, dies, the vitriol and hate comes spewing. John Lewis was beaten down during the first Selma March, known as Bloody Sunday. He bore the scars from that the rest of his life. But he kept going.

R.I.P. John Lewis. You earned your rest. But we will miss your voice of reason.

And he used that to support the wace baiting and lefty agenda of the modern liberals today.

Sorry, Lewis was not the voice of reason.

Race baiting? For riding a Greyhound Bus sitting next to a white person? For wanting blacks to be able to register to vote?

You idea of race baiting is a strange one.

Your pretense of being ignorant of the last 50 years, is not credible. Stop your lying.

I have made no pretense of being ignorant of anything. I have praised a man for what he did in risking his life for a worthy cause.

And if you would point out any lies, I will happily delete them.
I am bored, can you please erect a statue to Lewis

Nah. Your boredom is not my problem.
Yawn..................

Your problems include hardening of the arteries

My arteries are fine. No idea why you think differently.
What is your time in a mile and 5k

I have a bad knee, from an accident climbing utility poles. I don't run.

I do lift weights, ride a bike, and work out. My cholestrol levels are excellent. Now, shall we get back on topic?
My bike rides are in the 50 mile range.

You

My bike rides are in the range of "Get the fuck back on topic".
Try nitric oxide boosters and exercise instead of ignoring your clogged arteries

My arteries are not clogged. Now....back to the topic?
Actually everyone at your age has some clogging, I did but with supplementation and by working to a 100 mile plus bike ride I am improving my cardio pulmonary performance. Posting to this board plants you on your ass, I do not know my cholesterol because at 55 I have nor need a doctor

I guess the media is going to faun over this lifelong do nothing swamper all weekend....as if he was the best thing since sliced bread....if the media wants to do justice to this end of a swamper they should go over his inadequate record of achievements....50 years of living off of you and me....and doing nothing for anyone but himself.....ABC radio news this morning cracked me up....they said "Trump has ordered the flag to half staff.....but only for today".... :laughing0301:

I guess the media is going to faun over this lifelong do nothing swamper all weekend....as if he was the best thing since sliced bread....if the media wants to do justice to this end of a swamper they should go over his inadequate record of achievements....50 years of living off of you and me....and doing nothing for anyone but himself.....ABC radio news this morning cracked me up....they said "Trump has ordered the flag to half staff.....but only for today".... :laughing0301:
Few have accomplished in a lifetime what John Lewis accomplished

Like what?.....wait let me get some popcorn.....this should be good....

He was a Civil Rights leader at 21. For most, that would be enough.
He represented his district for 33 years fighting for civil rights, against war, for gay rights, healthcare.

John Lewis was a great American Patriot

Risked his life and freedom fighting for Liberty and Justice

Lunch counter sit in’s
Freedom Rider
Led the March in Selma
Spoke before Martin Luther Kings.......I have a dream

He will be missed
He was a good puppet for you guys

Yeah, how dare we praise a black man who put his own safety and life in danger to fight against Jim Crow laws and for blacks to be able to register to vote.
He backed him crow years later

He did? Please provide a link showing John Lewis backed Jim Crow laws.
Umm he was a democrat

Let me help educate you. Jim Crow laws were specifically laws that required racial segregation. You know, segregated schools, public transportation, segregated bathrooms, water fountains and lunch counters. Unless you have some instance in which he supported racial segregation, just admit you were wrong and be done with it. This idea that any democrat supports every single facet of the entire history of the democratic party is ridiculous.
Todays Jim Crow laws are a lot worse today.. he lives in a district with blacks were living in rat infestation.. he is a disgusting human being we have more segregation today than we did back then.. Like I said I hope he rots in hell

So you obviously don't understand the definition of Jim Crow laws. Not much else to discuss.
Yea they Adapted to the law.. are you unaware of LBJ? Welfare? Break down of the family, who controls education? Just because they don’t come out and say hey these new laws are meant to destroy the Black people. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist

He represented his district for 33 years fighting for civil rights, against war, for gay rights, healthcare.
I said achievements not a line from his campaign speech....

Like what?
Getting a beatdown from people that were a different color?

Big fucking deal, that doesn't make you special.

Every time I look in a mirror, I see scars I got over 30 years ago just for being white in the wrong neighborhood. When do I get MY parade? (sarcasm)

He was a parasite.

Lunch counter sit in’s
Freedom Rider
Led the March in Selma

He will be missed

Yeah, how dare we praise a black man who put his own safety and life in danger to fight against Jim Crow laws and for blacks to be able to register to vote.

Umm he was a democrat

Let me help educate you. Jim Crow laws were specifically laws that required racial segregation. You know, segregated schools, public transportation, segregated bathrooms, water fountains and lunch counters. Unless you have some instance in which he supported racial segregation, just admit you were wrong and be done with it. This idea that any democrat supports every single facet of the entire history of the democratic party is ridiculous.
Todays Jim Crow laws are a lot worse today.. he lives in a district with blacks were living in rat infestation.. he is a disgusting human being we have more segregation today than we did back then.. Like I said I hope he rots in hell

So you obviously don't understand the definition of Jim Crow laws. Not much else to discuss.
Yea they Adapted to the law.. are you unaware of LBJ? Welfare? Break down of the family, who controls education? Just because they don’t come out and say hey these new laws are meant to destroy the Black people. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist

You claimed that John Lewis backed Jim Crow laws. Either you didn't mean "Jim Crow laws" when you said he backed Jim Crow laws, or you don't understand what Jim Crow laws were.

Jim Crow laws were not about destroying black people. They were about segregation.

Unless you have some segregation law that he backed, you have failed.

Lunch counter sit in’s
Freedom Rider
Led the March in Selma

He will be missed

Umm he was a democrat

You claimed that John Lewis backed Jim Crow laws. Either you didn't mean "Jim Crow laws" when you said he backed Jim Crow laws, or you don't understand what Jim Crow laws were.

Jim Crow laws were not about destroying black people. They were about segregation.

Who is john lewis

“There will be no turning back,” Lewis said about our antiracist movement in June, weeks before his passing.

John Lewis carried the baton of justice until the very end. It’s now on us to pick it up and march on.

We are all on the Edmund Pettis Bridge, staring down the army of racism, as Lewis did 55 years ago in Selma. To honor his immortal legacy, let us never turn back. Let us keep marching in life and death like John Lewis
Isnt a member of an exclusivist black organization a racist?

Look at the out of touch media....endless fawning over this parasite....he did nothing for anyone but to the media he was a hero....for what?.....until we undo the US news media and school system we are in big trouble....look who their heroes are.....have they ever fawned over a war hero like this?....no they try and help the swamp put them in prison....

I understand you would never acknowledge achievements from a Civil Rights icon

Lunch counter sit in’s
Freedom Rider
Led the March in Selma

He will be missed

Umm he was a democrat

I’ve already addressed this.. If you can’t understand have somebody read it for you

I understand you would never acknowledge achievements from a Civil Rights icon
I'm waiting for you to tell me what they are.....you seem to not be able to do that....maybe because he achieved nothing....

Forum List

Back