Jon Stewart gives tearful speech after no Congressman shows up to 9/11 fighters compensation hearing

"The House Judiciary Committee passed a reauthorization bill for the 9/11 Victims’ Compensation Fund on Wednesday, a day after comedian Jon Stewart lambasted lawmakers for failing to attend a hearing on the bill."

the pressure of my thread worked!

"The House Judiciary Committee passed a reauthorization bill for the 9/11 Victims’ Compensation Fund on Wednesday, a day after comedian Jon Stewart lambasted lawmakers for failing to attend a hearing on the bill."

the pressure of my thread worked!

Well done!!

how can we forget our heroes. AOC is demanding a pay raise for members of Congress at the same time

Lol
Stewart is a pussy whipped bitch, and fucking retarded...

Neat, what do you think of the speech he gave for people we should absolutely ensure are taken care of.?

Lol
Jon Stewart has zero credibility as a human being, he’s doing those great people a disservice.

Those "great people" went to the gov't when they first started getting sick. They were told it either isn't from the 9/11 attack or that they were not really sick. When there was too much evidence, the gov't insisted that it was not from the debris and the pile at the site.

John Stewart has been working tirelessly for 18 years to get these people heard. You want to say that he doesn't represent them. They say he does. You are the one smearing these great, brave men & women.

i am tired of hearing about how US Congresspeople love our vets. it's time to DO SOMETHING!

DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS!

i am tired of hearing about how US Congresspeople love our vets. it's time to DO SOMETHING!

DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS! DEEDS NOT WORDS!

Thank you!!! Fawning over vets during photo ops is not the same as actually DOING something.

The Senate must vote on the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund immediately.
i demand that Cocaine Mitch put the bill on the floor as soon as it passes the House.
This is not politics. These are our American heroes, who are suffering and need our help now.

Fire and rescue services are the responsibility of the state not the federal government.

Seems to me the State of NY is the villain here
Personally, I see it as not an attack on NYC, but the US.

Semantics

States are responsible for the funding of fire departments and the benefits paid to them.

We have no federal services that respond to local situations
I’m sorry, but that is just wrong. For all the people that got cancer from sifting through the remains to help bring closure to families, they deserve our support. If your loved one was killed in the attack, you would think twice. They did not HAVE to work tirelessly to do that. It was not just New Yorkers that were killed. It was an attack on America.

Like I said semantics

All the fire and rescue persons are state employees no matter which state they came from. Those states are responsible for the benefits to those employees not the federal government.

And don't try to tell me how I would think.

Fire and rescue services are the responsibility of the state not the federal government.

Semantics

States are responsible for the funding of fire departments and the benefits paid to them.

I’m sorry, but that is just wrong. For all the people that got cancer from sifting through the remains to help bring closure to families, they deserve our support. If your loved one was killed in the attack, you would think twice. They did not HAVE to work tirelessly to do that. It was not just New Yorkers that were killed. It was an attack on America.

Like I said semantics

All the fire and rescue persons are state employees no matter which state they came from. Those states are responsible for the benefits to those employees not the federal government.

This was not an attack against New York. This was an attack against the United States of America.

And for those hating on John Stewart because he is a liberal, he even said good things about the Trump DoJ.

Semantics

Like I said semantics

This was not an attack against New York. This was an attack against the United States of America.

And for those hating on John Stewart because he is a liberal, he even said good things about the Trump DoJ.

I never aid it was an attack on NY

I said in our system the states are responsible for the employees of their fire and rescue operations.

This is not the responsibility of the federal government but of the states

Semantics

Like I said semantics

I never aid it was an attack on NY

I said in our system the states are responsible for the employees of their fire and rescue operations.

This is not the responsibility of the federal government but of the states

And when the states cannot, the feds step in. For example, FEMA comes in and provides services to the states.

you are the only person i've found that is against this
Lol
No one is “against” the first responders, John Stewart is a fuck up and certainly does not represent these great people… He can rot in hell

Those first responders are grateful that Jon Stewart is keeping this issue alive. Many of them would probably pound you for making statements like that.
Lol
Boy,
Na, not really
John Stewart is a fuck up, and he certainly does not even deserve to polish the first responders shoes...

He’s Just a fucked up has been never was comedian... so Just shut the fuck up

But you applaud his fight to get first responders needs taken care of, right? They certainly do. He's been harrassing Congress for continued funding for over a decade.
Lol
Someone should take Jon Stewart aside and tell him he’s fucking over those great people. Because he’s a fucking progressive shit stain and has zero credibility.

Funny, the first responders have great respect for Jon Stewart and are grateful to him. Maybe you should look at the facts before you spout your hatred.

Lol
No one is “against” the first responders, John Stewart is a fuck up and certainly does not represent these great people… He can rot in hell

Those first responders are grateful that Jon Stewart is keeping this issue alive. Many of them would probably pound you for making statements like that.
Lol
Boy,
Na, not really
John Stewart is a fuck up, and he certainly does not even deserve to polish the first responders shoes...

But you applaud his fight to get first responders needs taken care of, right? They certainly do. He's been harrassing Congress for continued funding for over a decade.
Lol
Someone should take Jon Stewart aside and tell him he’s fucking over those great people. Because he’s a fucking progressive shit stain and has zero credibility.

Funny, the first responders have great respect for Jon Stewart and are grateful to him. Maybe you should look at the facts before you spout your hatred.

Lol
He has zero credibility, If he had in the integrity or humility he would step aside and let someone else represent them. Because obviously he’s not getting the job done...

Lol
Boy,
Na, not really

Lol

Lol
He has zero credibility, If he had in the integrity or humility he would step aside and let someone else represent them. Because obviously he’s not getting the job done...

Absolute bullshit.

You are so hung up on the Con v. Lib nonsense that you have to attack someone who is doing something worthwhile. Nobody else is stepping up. It doesn't have to be just one person. Anyone else could join the cause. Stewart is able, because of his name recognition, to get the attention given to the cause. You claimed he was doing a disservice to the first responders with health issues. You said it was a slap in the face of the heros. But those heros are grateful for the help. I'm not a fan of Stewart's politics. But this is not about his politics. You just can't stand to not hate of him, whether it is politically related or not. Thankfully, the first responders don't share your opinion.

Lol
Boy,
Na, not really

Lol

Lol

Absolute bullshit.

You are so hung up on the Con v. Lib nonsense that you have to attack someone who is doing something worthwhile. Nobody else is stepping up. It doesn't have to be just one person. Anyone else could join the cause. Stewart is able, because of his name recognition, to get the attention given to the cause. You claimed he was doing a disservice to the first responders with health issues. You said it was a slap in the face of the heros. But those heros are grateful for the help. I'm not a fan of Stewart's politics. But this is not about his politics. You just can't stand to not hate of him, whether it is politically related or not. Thankfully, the first responders don't share your opinion.

lol
Sometimes people don’t get it, he is upset that no one is showing up to events among other things for the first responders... Maybe he should start looking in the mirror. He is an extremely divisive figure and mean spirited. Maybe it’s best he should Move on

Jon Stewart is making it all about himself, he’s a fucking control freak

Lol

Lol

Absolute bullshit.

lol
Sometimes people don’t get it, he is upset that no one is showing up to events among other things for the first responders... Maybe he should start looking in the mirror. He is an extremely divisive figure and mean spirited. Maybe it’s best he should Move on

You're such an idiot. Jon Stewart has been able to get funding for the first responders when no one else cared, including you, otherwise you would know that.

Lol

Lol

Absolute bullshit.

lol

You're such an idiot. Jon Stewart has been able to get funding for the first responders when no one else cared, including you, otherwise you would know that.

lol
Na, not really
He was just crying the other day about no one showing up to his event... It’s all about John Stewart in his mind. He’s a fucking control freak and extremely mean spirited

Forum List

Back