Jon Stewart gives tearful speech after no Congressman shows up to 9/11 fighters compensation hearing

Yeah, a man with passion for a worthy cause is a loser. A man who has been helping the first responders for years, while other walked away is a loser. Go back to your kitchen job and let the grownups discuss the issues.

And if you think the gov't funding will always be there, you are naive.
I been helping ! It’s my tax money! If he wanted to help he would raise money!

That gov fund will always be full. Him crying was a slap in the face to the survivors

Well isn't that generous of you. Hundreds of men & women who rushed in to try to save people in a crisis, with little or no thought for their own safety, are now sick and dying because they tried to help, and you are so generous that you pay your taxes. God Bless you.

He is helping. He has BEEN helping. Stewart has raised money, donated money and pushed for help for these people. And you think, because you pay your taxes (not by choice) you are helping and his being emotional after seeing the struggles and seeing these people die is a slap in the face?

The slap in the face is people like you who say "I pay my taxes" and think you helped. enough.

And no, the gov't fund will not always be full. The appropriations have to be approved every single year.
Yea yea he’s really promoting that fund.. he’s a punk.. it would have been filled
It's interesting to watch CRCs against supporting 9/11 first responders. Not surprising....but interesting.

No it's not interesting.

It's shameful and disgusting.
Yes you are

Here is Mr. Alvarez testifying before congress. He had his 69th round of chemo today.

I know what chemo is. I've had to be on it. This man shouldn't have to worry about the bills. He didn't think twice to help Americans on 9-11.

He shouldn't have to be begging congress and congress should have the decency to actually show up.

how can we forget our heroes. AOC is demanding a pay raise for members of Congress at the same time

AOC is not demanding a pay raise it is automatic in Congress unless the motion is delayed or rejected...Please show any legislation that AOC has introduced to get a raise.(it is the only way to get one in Congress).

spending $103 million to play golf is more important to Trump than 1st responders -

This thread is proof enough how deranged the far right is in this country and how far we've fallen as a nation that healthcare for our first responders isn't a bipartisan unanimous decision.

John Stewart is a fuck up and certainly does not represent these great people…
Wrong dummy...he represents them because they asked him to do so. He spoke for them in congress because they asked him to do so. You clearly know nothing about this and should shut up immediately.

spending $103 million to play golf is more important to Trump than 1st responders -
What does Trump have to do with this????

the president proposes, congress disposes - civics 101

DDDDUUUUHHHH
I know how it works.
Obama is president and nothing that happens is his fault.
Trump is president and everything is his fault.....except the economy......that Obama's fault.

Caring for those people is more of an emergency than selling weapons to his Saudi friends or building a useless wall.
Congress decides that, not Trump.
So, Trump can declare an emergency and sell weapons to his friends and business associates in Saudi Arabia, but he can't declare 9/11 first responders health care an emergency?

Retired New York Police Department detective and 9/11 responder Luis Alvarez receives applause during a House Judiciary Cmte. hearing on reauthorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund on Capitol Hill.
"I should not be here with you, but you made me come. You made me come because I will not stand by and watch as my friends with cancer from 9/11, like me, are valued less than anyone else...It is my goal and it is my legacy to see that you do the right thing for all 9/11 responders."

the president proposes, congress disposes - civics 101

DDDDUUUUHHHH
I know how it works.
Obama is president and nothing that happens is his fault.
Trump is president and everything is his fault.....except the economy......that Obama's fault.

THIS CANCER EPIDEMIC DIDNT MATURE ON HIS F'N WATCH YA DAMN IDGET !

Caring for those people is more of an emergency than selling weapons to his Saudi friends or building a useless wall.
So, Trump can declare an emergency and sell weapons to his friends and business associates in Saudi Arabia, but he can't declare 9/11 first responders health care an emergency?
He can.
But Congress needs to do something besides bitch about how mean Trump is.
This is their job.

He can.
This is their job.
You know the House has passed 140 pieces of legislation that are being held up in the Senate. Republican leader Mitch McConnel refuse to let them come up for a vote.

He can.
This is their job.

you're saying if Trump approaches Congress with a request to pass legislation that takes care of the first responders its not in his job description ??

ok, then the fat ass needs to sign an executive order and do F'N something.

He can.
This is their job.
You know the House has passed 140 pieces of legislation that are being held up in the Senate. Republican leader Mitch McConnel refuse to let them come up for a vote.
140 pieces of what.
Bill's to raise their wages, kill babies, protect illegals, and sue Trump?

It doesn't matter how much crapola they pass if it's all pure rubbish.

He can.
This is their job.
140 pieces of what.
Bill's to raise their wages, kill babies, protect illegals, and sue Trump?

It doesn't matter how much crapola they pass if it's all pure rubbish.
Why are Republicans afraid to let these bills be voted on in the Senate?

Forum List

Back