Jonathan Turley Sums Up the Trump J6 Indictment Masterfully

LOL. This is an age-old argument that is packaged in new wrappings for the MAGA crowd. Guess, Turley really needs those MAGA dollars to keep rolling in.

The free speech argument goes something like this - It is not illegal to yell "Fire" falsely in a movie theater. It is not illegal because it comes under the clause of free speech.

But here is the nub -So, while it is legal to yell Fire! in a crowded theater but if such a hoax leads to a riot or death, the perpetrator could be charged with disorderly conduct, citing a riot, etc.

So, yeah, Trump had every right to yell anything he wanted. But if he did it knowing it was false and/or that led to a riot - guess what? He can be charged. Hence the indictment.

Even Turley agrees and that is why he includes these words..."Smith could still secure the cooperation of insiders to support a claim that Trump knew. Many of us have noted the sudden silence of former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and a couple of former Trump lawyers who do not appear to be among the six referenced criminal co-conspirators. One of those six could also flip and say that Trump said that this was all an undeniable but useful sham."

If Turley feels so strongly that there is no basis for Trump to be charged, I wonder why he is not rushing in to defend Trump in court?

When did TRUMP yell fire in a crowed theater? He told people to be peaceful.

Succinct. And quite correct. We are seeing fascism in action under Joe Biden, and this is but one example of that fascism.

And recall, Nazi's studied Democratic Party means and methods and implemented their own versions.

The correct term is "arbiter of fact". Our justice system runs on facts. And judges & juries take the role of arbiter of fact.

Truth has a different definition. Truth is both fact & belief, which makes it an inappropriate word for evidence.

Turley is a moron.

I honestly believe my bank has ripped me off and stole my deposit money. That's a sincerely held belief, but it doesn't mean I could go to the bank and rob the bank. It's not an excuse."
Just if you think your cause is righteous, that doesn't mean you have to break the law in response to try to fix it."

When I walked into banks and said "This is a robbery, give me the money," it wasn't really a robbery. I was lying, and just exercising my right to free speech. Them giving me the money was not my fault, and I should not have been held responsible.

"The Defendant had a right, like every American, to speak publicly about the election and even to claim, falsely, that there had been outcome-determinative fraud during the election and that he had won," the indictment read, noting Trump did take his case to the courts and resoundingly lost.

"Trump had every citizens' First Amendment right to criticize the election in harsh personal terms if you wanted to,"
"But that didn't translate into a right to persuade other people to interfere with a lawful government function and to lie to people in order to make that happen. That's not allowed. That's called breaking the law."

Try to remember. Turley, said the 2nd impeachment was on valid grounds and then declined to defend Trump, for the damage he had done the country. He was correct then. He is not correct now and it probably point to his political stance as a Libertarian and an acedemic more than anything else. Like they say, those who can, do. Those who can't teach.
Here is a different view from one who did.
As a legal matter I don’t see a problem with the indictment,
I think that it’s not an abuse — the Department of Justice is not acting to weaponize the department by proceeding against the president for a conspiracy to subvert the electoral process.
Trump’s attorneys have claimed that the president was exercising his first amendment rights— a defense that will hold in court.
“They’re not attacking his first amendment rights, he can say whatever he wants he can even lie and tell people the election was stolen when he knew better, but that does not protect you from entering into a conspiracy. All conspiracies involve speech and all fraud involves speech,” he said. “Free speech does not give you the right for fraudulent conspiracy.”
“I think there’s a lot more to come, and I think they have a lot more evidence as to President Trump’s state of mind,” he said.

So where are all the indictments for those in the FBI/DOJ who promoted the fraudulent Russia collusion conspiracy knowing it wasn't true?
And what about Fauci's many lies regarding COVID, do you support him being indicted?

"Trump had every citizens' First Amendment right to criticize the election in harsh personal terms if you wanted to,"
"But that didn't translate into a right to persuade other people to interfere with a lawful government function and to lie to people in order to make that happen. That's not allowed. That's called breaking the law."

TRUMP said peacefully protest...

So where are all the indictments for those in the FBI/DOJ who promoted the fraudulent Russia collusion conspiracy knowing it wasn't true?
BS.
Why would ANY presidential campaign have over 140 contacts with Russians?

www.nytimes.com › interactive › 2019/01/26Mueller Report Shows Depth of Connections Between Trump ...

Jan 26, 2019 · Donald J. Trump and 18 of his associates had at least 140 contacts with Russian nationals and WikiLeaks, or their intermediaries, during the 2016 campaign and presidential​

And what about Fauci's many lies regarding COVID, do you support him being indicted?
What lies?

Turley must need the money really bad....

Dumbass statement of the week. Guess Frank you cannot actually refute the actual case that Turley makes here that under our constitutional definition of free speech, Democrats ranging from Hillary Clinton to Jamie Raskin were engaged in protected speech when they called Trump illegitimate in 2016 and challenged the certification of his win, even though they knew that their challenges were completely meritless. Yet this indictment suggests that Trump engaged in criminal conduct by insisting that the 2020 election was stolen!

Worse, it makes the government the lone arbiter of what the "truth" is! Even when they themselves are the interested party in the outcome! How very fascinating that idiots like you tear at the very heartstrings of democracy and our freedoms granted under the Constitution as you blindly insist that you are indeed coming to the aid of and to PROTECT our democracy from others! :auiqs.jpg:

Such dangerously blind ignorance and stupidity cannot win here, but wouldn't it be funny if in a few years your own reasoning were turned around against YOURSELF and democrat candidates to then listen to people like you then scream and holler and complain about the very tethers of Marxism you insist on trying to create today.

As usual, when you cannot defend against someone's allegations, the communist always seeks to discredit the MESSENGER instead and hope the reader just never notices.

^^^ Like I said. The utterings of a dim mind.
Right! Just exactly what Trump did from the moment he came down the golden escalator!

He called the Press fake news, and convinced all of his flock, to never read it, and only read news favorable to him that he controls!

His brainwashing worked on his flock, just like a charm! :(

As usual, when you cannot defend against someone's allegations, the communist always seeks to discredit the MESSENGER instead and hope the reader just never notices.

^^^ Like I said. The utterings of a dim mind.
Turley neglected to mention the actual crimes in the indictment and discuss them. Instead he discussed free speech being charged as a crime, which was no where in the indictment.

LOL. This is an age-old argument that is packaged in new wrappings for the MAGA crowd. Guess, Turley really needs those MAGA dollars to keep rolling in.

The free speech argument goes something like this - It is not illegal to yell "Fire" falsely in a movie theater. It is not illegal because it comes under the clause of free speech.

But here is the nub -So, while it is legal to yell Fire! in a crowded theater but if such a hoax leads to a riot or death, the perpetrator could be charged with disorderly conduct, citing a riot, etc.

So, yeah, Trump had every right to yell anything he wanted. But if he did it knowing it was false and/or that led to a riot - guess what? He can be charged. Hence the indictment.

Even Turley agrees and that is why he includes these words..."Smith could still secure the cooperation of insiders to support a claim that Trump knew. Many of us have noted the sudden silence of former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and a couple of former Trump lawyers who do not appear to be among the six referenced criminal co-conspirators. One of those six could also flip and say that Trump said that this was all an undeniable but useful sham."

If Turley feels so strongly that there is no basis for Trump to be charged, I wonder why he is not rushing in to defend Trump in court?
Then the democrats who encouraged BLM should go to jail? BLM protests ALWAYS led to riots. How many democrats supported that movement and defended the violence and destruction? How many supported the looting by claiming that "they just need food" as they looted sneaker stores?

Unless you are a dumb as fuck hypocrite who never even considered that, then you must be saying that you want basically the entirety of the DNC to go to prison. Is that your position, or are you just stupid and never even considered that? Its one or the other.

Last edited:
Turley must need the money really bad....
Or maybe he is an elite expert on the subject of law and youre just a stupid fucking idiot who doesnt know jack shit about anything? Did you ever consider that? Did you ever consider the possibility that youre just a stupid fucking retard?

Turley is a moron.

I honestly believe my bank has ripped me off and stole my deposit money. That's a sincerely held belief, but it doesn't mean I could go to the bank and rob the bank. It's not an excuse."
Just if you think your cause is righteous, that doesn't mean you have to break the law in response to try to fix it."

When I walked into banks and said "This is a robbery, give me the money," it wasn't really a robbery. I was lying, and just exercising my right to free speech. Them giving me the money was not my fault, and I should not have been held responsible.

"The Defendant had a right, like every American, to speak publicly about the election and even to claim, falsely, that there had been outcome-determinative fraud during the election and that he had won," the indictment read, noting Trump did take his case to the courts and resoundingly lost.

Except Trump didnt go into a bank and try to rob them, so your post was a waste of time. Saying "the election was stolen" is not and never will be illegal. How fucking stupid do you have to be to waste your time trying to convince people that it is? :cuckoo:

Or maybe he is an elite expert on the subject of law and youre just a stupid fucking idiot who doesnt know jack shit about anything? Did you ever consider that? Did you ever consider the possibility that youre just a stupid fucking retard?
along with every respected politician and journalist in the United States and the world, as opposed to your admitted and totally discredited propaganda entertainment BS media.....? NO, hater dupe chump of the idiot greedy lying scumbag mega rich New BS GOP....Poor America

Then the democrats who encouraged BLM should go to jail? BLM protests ALWAYS led to riots. How many democrats supported that movement and defended the violence and destruction? How many supported the looting by claiming that "they just need food" as they looted sneaker stores?

Unless you are a dumb as fuck hypocrite who never even considered that, then you must be saying that you want basically the entirety of the DNC to go to prison. Is that your position, or are you just stupid and never even considered that? Its one or the other.
It has been proved that the BLM protests ended during the day and were peaceful and the criminal wannabes and looters came out at night and were not BLM, dupe.

Except Trump didnt go into a bank and try to rob them, so your post was a waste of time. Saying "the election was stolen" is not and never will be illegal. How fucking stupid do you have to be to waste your time trying to convince people that it is? :cuckoo:
Sorry, we watched Trump actually do it, incite a crowd to attack the capital based on lies he knew were lies, Super Dupe.

Forum List

Back