joni Ernst family received 1/2 million dollars in government handouts

How old will she be when she drafts a bill ending farm subsidies?

A lot older than the liberal Democrat Senator that she is replacing that never even thought about doing that.

He was not a Tea Party idiot, idiot.

That is correct. He was a flaming liberal who ran on getting and increasing the very same farm subsidies that the Ernst family are being criticised for having taken.

Maybe I misread here but I didnt see anyone criticizing their family for taking it. Whats funny is not even the people who usually cry about subsidies are objecting either :wink:

What I am seeing here is that she proclaims everyone else needs to cut these programs while growing up she benefitted from one of those programs

The first time her family got a farm subsidy was when she was 25 years old, so stop the "while growing up she benefitted from one of those programs" BS!

Is that all? Ok she didnt grow up on it but her family needed and used it

A lot older than the liberal Democrat Senator that she is replacing that never even thought about doing that.

That is correct. He was a flaming liberal who ran on getting and increasing the very same farm subsidies that the Ernst family are being criticised for having taken.

Maybe I misread here but I didnt see anyone criticizing their family for taking it. Whats funny is not even the people who usually cry about subsidies are objecting either :wink:

What I am seeing here is that she proclaims everyone else needs to cut these programs while growing up she benefitted from one of those programs

The first time her family got a farm subsidy was when she was 25 years old, so stop the "while growing up she benefitted from one of those programs" BS!

Then why perpetuate the lie? Her family needed it and used it, and I suspect it would be difficult, if not impossible to find very many farmers that would or have turned it down.

Then why perpetuate the lie? Her family needed it and used it, and I suspect it would be difficult, if not impossible to find very many farmers that would or have turned it down.

Ok...? You know this isnt about whether or not she hit puberty while her family used subsidies, right?

Wow, you could buy a lot of bread bags with that. Rows and rows.

Wow, you idiots really eat up that BS. By her "family" you actually mean her parents and grandparents who, like thousands of other small farmers, received agricultural subsidies over many decades so they wouldn't lose their farms. Kind of puts it in perspective, eh? But don't let that interrupt your propaganda mill...
How on earth did they pull themselves up from poverty while taking government handouts?

According to Conservative thinking, when government money comes into the household budget, all incentives are abandoned. Isn't that why Conservatives want to cut funding for WIC, Section 8 rent subsidy, SNAP benefits? It's all for the good of the poor, right?

Ok...? You know this isnt about whether or not she hit puberty while her family used subsidies, right?

That was one of the lies used in the discussion that was used as a personal insult.

Another issue is asking when she will introduce a bill to kill those farm subsidies? She is the junior Senator from Iowa and has been in office for almost three weeks. My guess is when enough people in Iowa who vote ask her to kill the subsidies she will try to do so. When will they ask? When there is no longer a demand for corn based methanol is my guess on that one.

Last edited:

Wow, you idiots really eat up that BS. By her "family" you actually mean her parents and grandparents who, like thousands of other small farmers, received agricultural subsidies over many decades so they wouldn't lose their farms. Kind of puts it in perspective, eh? But don't let that interrupt your propaganda mill...

Can I get half a mil in government handouts so I won't lose my car? Or will I have to find a way to make money on my own accord to do that?

I don't care if they just got it last year. Apparently you didn't see her television ads. Or hear her message.

And Diane Feinstein's husband is going to make Billions off her position in government they didn't blink an eyelash..

You can't take these Democrat sheep/tools/leftnutters serious anymore.
She's a disgrace, but Fienstein didn't run on taking all the handouts from these "takers."

Is THAT the ONLY response - somebody else did it too?

Does that justify it? Does it make it OK?

Two wrongs make a right?

Puleeze

Ernst's family did nothing wrong. What is wrong with you stupid people? Seriously.

The farmers don't ask the Federal Government for money, the Federal GOVERNMENT ASKS THE FARMERS to put their land in soil bank which is now called --

Conservation Reserve Program - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I need to start a stupidity exorcist business. All my clients would be dimocraps but, hey!

Gotta deal with the stoopid if you wanna make money

dayum but you people are stupid

Nobody said she did anything illegal or even unethical. Being a hypocrite isn't illegal.

MY, my, my. Now that a tea party candidate has been outed for supporting and living off of government price subsidies, suddenly the tea party has absolutely no problem with government farm subsidies!

Senator Ernst was 25 years old when her family got their very first farm subsidy so she was not living off of the government.

And? That's what flaming liberals do. So he was true to his beliefs and they betrayed theirs for $$$. Right?

During the deepest, darkest moments of the Great Depression, the Fed and FDR showed up in the Dust Bowl of Oklahoma and offered those destitute farmers federal funds to get them through what had become their ruin. Many of them turned the money down.

I guess those pig farmers in Iowa said yes. At least those Okies stayed true to their values.

And Diane Feinstein's husband is going to make Billions off her position in government they didn't blink an eyelash..

You can't take these Democrat sheep/tools/leftnutters serious anymore.
She's a disgrace, but Fienstein didn't run on taking all the handouts from these "takers."

Is THAT the ONLY response - somebody else did it too?

Does that justify it? Does it make it OK?

Two wrongs make a right?

Puleeze

Ernst's family did nothing wrong. What is wrong with you stupid people? Seriously.

The farmers don't ask the Federal Government for money, the Federal GOVERNMENT ASKS THE FARMERS to put their land in soil bank which is now called --

Conservation Reserve Program - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I need to start a stupidity exorcist business. All my clients would be dimocraps but, hey!

Gotta deal with the stoopid if you wanna make money

dayum but you people are stupid

Nobody said she did anything illegal or even unethical. Being a hypocrite isn't illegal.

Spot on, Seawytch. If it were illegal there would be no one inside the Beltway. Just a few miles of cow pasture and a couple of barns.

You should really read the links provided before making a fool of yourself.

These subsidies to her dad were not "over many decades". You manufactured some serious bullshit there.

Her dad's subsidies were over a four year period and then another four year period.

He needs to be castrated.

And just like every other government handout suckling, you did your best to justify the handout. My, my, my how they squeal when it is their own hoof caught in the government till!

You said, "so they wouldn't lose their farms". More unsupported manufactured bullshit.

1995 to 2009 is 4 years?

Really?

MY, my, my. Now that a tea party candidate has been outed for supporting and living off of government price subsidies, suddenly the tea party has absolutely no problem with government farm subsidies!

Senator Ernst was 25 years old when her family got their very first farm subsidy so she was not living off of the government.

..who did not run, incidentally, on a platform of reducing federal spending...which is the point that escapes everyone from the Right who posts here about hypocrite Ernst....

..who did not run, incidentally, on a platform of reducing federal spending...which is the point that escapes everyone from the Right who posts here about hypocrite Ernst....

It's amazing, isn't it? They just not have seen her ridiculous ads where she boasts about getting rid of the very thing her family sucked up at every opportunity....and in very graphic terms.

I mean someone who runs a campaign based on the ability to cut nuts off a male animal.

That was one of the lies used in the discussion that was used as a personal insult.

Another issue is asking when she will introduce a bill to kill those farm subsidies? She is the junior Senator from Iowa and has been in office for almost three weeks. My guess is when enough people in Iowa who vote ask her to kill the subsidies she will try to do so. When will they ask? When there is no longer a demand for corn based methanol is my guess on that one.

TT, I suspect that there is ALWAYS going to be a demand for more production of ethanol, as long as the government continues to prop up the market with subsidies....

1/2 million dollars. Obama and demcorats just blew trillions setting up his new Entitlement OscamCare. robbed us TAXPAYERS OF 800 million dollars and called it a stimulus. and they are wailing over a farm subsidy her FAMILY received. you can't take these people serious anymore
Anything to excuse a repubs lie, eh Stuphie?

From Forbes:

Family Of New GOP Senate Pork Buster Joni Ernst Pocketed Almost Half A Million In Government Assistance

Anyone who tuned in to hear the GOP response to the State of the Union address was treated to an introduction to the GOP’s newest freshman Senate star, Joni Ernst of Iowa.

You may recall Ms. Ernst’s legendary campaign commercial where she informed us all that she had grown up castrating pigs and was, therefore, uniquely qualified to cut the pork from bloated federal spending. You may also recall that, in the castration commercial, she told us about how her family had taught Ernst what she needed to know about the importance of living within one’s means—a lesson, Ernst argued, that has been lost on the federal government.

Turns out, the Senator’s family has a somewhat unusual concept of what “living within one’s means” actually involves as we now know that her father and uncle have been the beneficiaries of some of that good old government pork that the newly minted Senator has sworn to snip from the body of the federal budget.

Apparently, living within their means, inside the Senator’s family, involves including some of your tax dollars and mine as a part of the family budget.

An examination by the Washington DC based District Sentinel website reveals that Ernst’s father, Richard Culver, pocketed $38,395 in taxpayer money in the guise of corn subsidies.

But then, Ernst’s dad can’t hold a candle to his brother when it comes to receiving government redistribution of wealth as Senator Joni’s Uncle Dallas has pocketed a cool $370,000 in government subsidies.

Forum List

Back