🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens”

If you think our opinons are so irrelevent, what are you even doing here?

I thought that was obvious... explaining to you why I support the judges opinion. Those of you who think he is wrong, well then you think he is wrong... But based on what? That it just bothers the heck out of you a group of Hispanic Americans didn't like the "adjective" - illegal... because it projects prejudicial opinions by some people against a specific group of Americans...and therefore you don't see their civil rights abused..all just so you are happy!

I thought that was obvious... explaining to you why I support the judges opinion. Those of you who think he is wrong, well then you think he is wrong... But based on what? That it just bothers the heck out of you a group of Hispanic Americans didn't like the "adjective" - illegal... because it projects prejudicial opinions by some people against a specific group of Americans...and therefore you don't see their civil rights abused..all just so you are happy!

Would it be impolite of me to point out that if anyone's opinion on this is irrelevant, it would be yours, given that your stated location is California? Unlike you, I actually live in Arizona, and with my fellow Arizonans, actually have some options for dealing with this judge. Not only are you not even remotely a constituent in this, but much of my state considers your state's behavior a rule of thumb for what NOT to do. Seriously, every public debate in Tucson concerning things like development, water conservation, freeway construction, etc. contains the phrase, "Do we really want to be like California?"

What does this have to do with the topic?

You're still talking to me. How am I ever going to learn?

By the way, unless the topic of this thread is "You're all naughty and off-topic and I'm going to tell", you're off-topic, too. Just thought you'd like to know. :eusa_whistle:

Would it be impolite of me to point out that if anyone's opinion on this is irrelevant, it would be yours, given that your stated location is California? Unlike you, I actually live in Arizona, and with my fellow Arizonans, actually have some options for dealing with this judge. Not only are you not even remotely a constituent in this, but much of my state considers your state's behavior a rule of thumb for what NOT to do. Seriously, every public debate in Tucson concerning things like development, water conservation, freeway construction, etc. contains the phrase, "Do we really want to be like California?"

My opinion is irrelevant..compared to the judges, but not compared to yours. Although you are in the position to exercise options, which I am not, our opinions carry the same value.

My opinion is irrelevant..compared to the judges, but not compared to yours. Although you are in the position to exercise options, which I am not, our opinions carry the same value.

No, not really. Yours is based on what would be popular and desirable in a state in which the issue isn't actually happening. Mine is based on what is popular and desirable in the state actually in question. In addition, yours is based on living in a state where you're accustomed to arrogant, unelected lawyers in robes treating you like irrelevant peons. Mine isn't.

Only a Californian would tell a voter and a citizen that her opinion is irrelevant because "da judge has spoken".

No, not really. Yours is based on what would be popular and desirable in a state in which the issue isn't actually happening. Mine is based on what is popular and desirable in the state actually in question. In addition, yours is based on living in a state where you're accustomed to arrogant, unelected lawyers in robes treating you like irrelevant peons. Mine isn't.

Only a Californian would tell a voter and a citizen that her opinion is irrelevant because "da judge has spoken".

Mine opinion is mine. You have no right to tell me how I think.

How is Bullhead City these days?

You're still talking to me. How am I ever going to learn?

By the way, unless the topic of this thread is "You're all naughty and off-topic and I'm going to tell", you're off-topic, too. Just thought you'd like to know. :eusa_whistle:

I prefer to do is discuss one topic at a time. You loaded the decks on this topic by bringing in Proposition 8. We are discussing illegal alens and the decision of an Arizona judge to adopt less inflammatory language in court.

Actually, some people are just disgusted to see political correctness pollute the justice system. Things ARE what they ARE and we shouldn't have to spend our lives calling a pigeon an eagle just because that's what someone wants it to be.

Mine opinion is mine. You have no right to tell me how I think.

How is Bullhead City these days?

I have every right to tell you how to think, because that's MY opinion. I don't have the right to expect you to listen, and don't care anyway.

As far as I know, Bullhead City is as it always is: small, boring, dusty, and glad to be across the border from Nevada.

For the record, I live in Tucson.

I prefer to do is discuss one topic at a time. You loaded the decks on this topic by bringing in Proposition 8. We are discussing illegal alens and the decision of an Arizona judge to adopt less inflammatory language in court.

I didn't bring up Prop 8. I brought up the fact that side of the political aisle takes loss more rationally and maturely than the other. Trust me when I tell you I wasn't starved for examples to choose from.

Actually, some people are just disgusted to see political correctness pollute the justice system. Things ARE what they ARE and we shouldn't have to spend our lives calling a pigeon an eagle just because that's what someone wants it to be.

I still haven't figured out what is "inflammatory" about calling something illegal when it's illegal, particularly when you're in a courtroom. It's not like the attorneys were routinely referring to them as "dirty wetbacks", which terminology I would heartily support the justice in banning.

I didn't bring up Prop 8. I brought up the fact that side of the political aisle takes loss more rationally and maturely than the other. Trust me when I tell you I wasn't starved for examples to choose from.

That's your perception and your belief. It doesn't make it absolutely true. Good luck trying to prove it.

Proposition 8 is off topic for this thread.

BTW if you are interested in the topic, I provided a link to the original letters that were sent to the judge.

If you read them it may give you more insight into the request of the court by Hispanic lawyers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's your perception and your belief. It doesn't make it absolutely true. Good luck trying to prove it.

Proposition 8 is off topic for this thread.

BTW if you are interested in the topic, I provided a link to the original letters that were sent to the judge.

If you read them it may give you more insight into the request of the court by Hispanic lawyers.

Who else's perception and belief matters when its about what I was talking about? And has it occurred to you that it might be just a tad arrogant and presumptuous to think YOU have something to tell ME about what's going on in my own state supreme court? I KNOW it's arrogant and presumptuous to assume that the only reason I disagree with you is because I'm just not as informed as you are. Trust me, that's not the problem here.

Proposition 8 is not the topic of this thread. I thought you might find the letter to the judge interesting because you didn't seem to understand why the term 'illegals' and 'aliens' would be considered inflammatory.

Take it easy.

Forum List

Back