🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens”

Having fun?

You look like you're having fun too. You look as though you dropped a four way hit of Windowpane LSD about an hour before your avatar picture was taken. That would explain a lot about your orbital opinions.

Fifteen pages, and not one legitimate reason not to call an illegal alien an illegal alien.

You look like you're having fun too. You look as though you dropped a four way hit of Windowpane LSD about an hour before your avatar picture was taken. That would explain a lot about your orbital opinions.

Fifteen pages, and not one legitimate reason not to call an illegal alien an illegal alien.

The avatar is a picture of one of my favorite actresses--Cbarlotte Rampling. She looks like her heart is open and her mind peaceful.

Fifteen pages of your rants hasn't convinced me that using inflammatory terms helps a respectful intelligent debate about immigration topics.

So after reading that...It sort of makes me wonder, Why didn't her honor, Justice McGregor either tear up that letter from the Hispanic Bar Assn., or come out and outright BAN the word instead of this Nixonesqe plausible-denial tactic? This doesn't settle anything. It does seem to imply she tacitly endorses removal of those words from the court. But, hey she can't LEGALLY ban the words because they are factually descriptive. So it goes....To paraphrase Shakespeare : Crap by any other name stinks just as much. Call them what ever you want.

Actually, what she can't do is ban the use of those words in OTHER JUDGES' COURTS. In the Arizona Supreme Court, she certainly does have the ability to keep attorneys from using them, and that's the little mental reservation they're not telling you here. By circulating that information, she has essentially told any lawyer trying a case before the Arizona Supreme Court that he's in trouble if he doesn't conform to her standards of appropriate speech.

Actually, what she can't do is ban the use of those words in OTHER JUDGES' COURTS. In the Arizona Supreme Court, she certainly does have the ability to keep attorneys from using them, and that's the little mental reservation they're not telling you here. By circulating that information, she has essentially told any lawyer trying a case before the Arizona Supreme Court that he's in trouble if he doesn't conform to her standards of appropriate speech.

Good for this Justice.

The link in a previous post provides a list of words that the lawyers have requested be used.

Taken directly from the letter dated 9/12/2008 to Chief Justic Ruth Mc Gregor from the Hispanic Bar Association is the following:

"There is no place in today's immigration debate for the use of the term 'illegal' to describe a person. Nobody uses the term 'illegals' to describe other people who are carrying on their lives with impunity after violating the law. Persons who fail to register for Selective Service, who do not pay their taxes, who do not have a current driver's license while driving or who violate their probation are not labeled as 'illegals'. Putting this in perspective, even a convicted murderer is never referred to as an 'illegal' because of that conviction.

Those who use the terms as an instrument of hate know that it insults and incenses those who oppose their views. They know it perpetrates an 'us vs them' mentality and works their supporters into a frenzy. The word 'illegals' is used with great calculation and a wink and a nod by their proponents. The more the term is widely used, the easier it becomes for the proponents of hate to push forward their divisive agenda."

Use the click here to find this letter
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2008/nov/judge-ban-use-illegal-and-aliens

Last edited by a moderator:
The link in a previous post provides a list of words that the lawyers have requested be used.

Then I would suggest they use them and stop trying to censor other people.

It amazes me how much leftists love to march around in t-shirts with self-righteous slogans about the evils of censorship, all the while busily trying to play Thought Police.

I'm curious about something. Realizing, of course, that you would never sully yourself by actually getting anywhere near the actual border or any actual Mexicans, do you really think that this is going to make Arizonans - aka those of us who have to deal with the reality of illegal aliens - LESS antagonistic toward these invading locusts in human form?

Do you think referring to large numbers of human beings as 'invading locusts' is going to win friends and influence people?

OMG... what I wouldn't give to be an attorney in that nutbag's courtroom. :lol:
Just THINK of the opportunities for creative mayhem.... {Sigh}

I hope those guy's down in AZ make the most of it while they can. :lol:
It won't last long, 'cause she'll get rolled once she gets challenged.

Taken directly from the letter dated 9/12/2008 to Chief Justic Ruth Mc Gregor from the Hispanic Bar Association is the following:

"There is no place in today's immigration debate for the use of the term 'illegal' to describe a person. Nobody uses the term 'illegals' to describe other people who are carrying on their lives with impunity after violating the law. Persons who fail to register for Selective Service, who do not pay their taxes, who do not have a current driver's license while driving or who violate their probation are not labeled as 'illegals'. Putting this in perspective, even a convicted murderer is never referred to as an 'illegal' because of that conviction.

Those who use the terms as an instrument of hate know that it insults and incenses those who oppose their views. They know it perpetrates an 'us vs them' mentality and works their supporters into a frenzy. The word 'illegals' is used with great calculation and a wink and a nod by their proponents. The more the term is widely used, the easier it becomes for the proponents of hate to push forward their divisive agenda."

Use the click here to find this letter
Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens” | Judicial Watch

People who don't pay their taxes go to jail, they are called criminals. Someone who doesn't register for the draft can go to jail, they are called draft dodgers. The word "illegals" is short for "illegal alien", illegal alien is what they are called by law. Murderers are called murders. Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited houseguest.

You want us to call them immigrants which is an insult to every legal immigrant in this nation. Why are you more concerned about insulting someone who breaks our laws than you are about someone who has followed our laws regardless of the difficulty, who's had their background check, their health check, who paid their fees, waited (some for years), people who found sponsors, etc?

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get into this country legally? And you want to give them a slap in the face by calling someone who broke our laws to get here the same word as them "immigrant".

Yes. I have an idea of how difficult it is to emigrate to the US legally. I've helped some Bhutanese and Tibetan friends.

They're all immigrants--the lawful and the unlawful.

The avatar is a picture of one of my favorite actresses--Cbarlotte Rampling. She looks like her heart is open and her mind peaceful.

Fifteen pages of your rants hasn't convinced me that using inflammatory terms helps a respectful intelligent debate about immigration topics.

She looked like she was either drugged half out of her skull, or liquored up like seven barrels of shit. If that's a look you admire, I pity you.

There is absolutely NOTHING "inflamatory" about the term illegal alien. It's nothing more than the most accurate term to describe someone who enters this country illegally that was not born here. Any other term used is just watered down, half assed, make a criminal sound warm and fuzzy, bull shit.

She looked like she was either drugged half out of her skull, or liquored up like seven barrels of shit. If that's a look you admire, I pity you.

There is absolutely NOTHING "inflamatory" about the term illegal alien. It's nothing more than the most accurate term to describe someone who enters this country illegally that was not born here. Any other term used is just watered down, half assed, make a criminal sound warm and fuzzy, bull shit.

She looks like a woman with an open heart, completely relaxed and at peace. Yes, that is a look that I find delightful.

Yes. I have an idea of how difficult it is to emigrate to the US legally. I've helped some Bhutanese and Tibetan friends.

They're all immigrants--the lawful and the unlawful.

Really? So you sponsored them? What do they think of your calling illegal aliens, immigrants and putting them on the same level with your friends?

Really? So you sponsored them? What do they think of your calling illegal aliens, immigrants and putting them on the same level with your friends?

I don't call my friends 'aliens'. I don't call human beings of any legal status 'aliens'.

Forum List

Back