Judge blocks enforcement of ATF 80% firearm rule.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Just common sense here... The ATF can't regulate an item that isn't a firearm.

'A federal judge in Texas has granted a preliminary injunction against the federal government’s enforcement of the final rule regarding partially manufactured firearm parts and kits in a case known as VanDerStok v. Garland, which challenged the authority of the Justice Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to regulate items that are not firearms, as if they were firearms.

“This is a huge victory,” said Alan Gottlieb, founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, which was allowed to intervene in the case last summer, along with Defense Distributed, a Texas-based company. '.

As hard as the "de-armers" of Americans have been pushing? It's making everything go in exactly the opposite direction at a full run.

I could make the argument that banning AR15s made them the most popular firearm in America.
You know, I have historically been against guns like that, since the SKS Clinton days, even.

It's just how I am.

But well, fuck that if it's .223, however..if I can get in .270 or .308, I might consider it now.

No foreign guns because they're just not as accurate as an AR. Well..BAR in .270, yes! :D

AR in .308 might be alright!

You know, I have historically been against guns like that, since the SKS Clinton days, even.
It's just how I am.
But well, fuck that if it's .223, however..if I can get in .270 or .308, I might consider it now.
Oh... but you can.
The AR10 platform can be had in just about anyting close to .308 case length , and custom ARs available in -06 and big magnum case lengths.

The ATF needs to thank the mainstream media for covering their negligent asses since George Bush Sr. was president. ATF agents tried to turn an a Green Beret Veteran into an informant and set up the Ruby Ridge debacle. The same agency went on to attack a quirky religious sect in Waco Texas with bogus claims that the residents were converting junk WW2 rusty crap into fully automatic weapons. About 80 men women and children were killed when the ATF could have arrested Koresch in the local 9-11 store.

Forum List

Back