Judge dismisses female genital mutilation charges in historic case

And you fell for the narrative, hook, line and sinker. Obama set the policy, what were they supposed to do, wag their fingers at the violent thugs?

That kid in the diaper didn't look like a violent thug..

Again, the Obama policy was to use tear gas when under assault. They were faced with an assault, so what were they supposed to do, start shooting, run away and hide? What?

Serious answer required.

Again, the Obama policy was to use tear gas when under assault. They were faced with an assault, so what were they supposed to do, start shooting, run away and hide? What?

Serious answer required.

Start processing their legitimate asylum claims...

That's what they are supposed to do.

That's not a serious answer. Obviously, you don't have one. Again, you're in command of the post. Thugs are rushing you, throwing rocks and bottles. You are under orders that no one is too get through illegally. How do you stop them?

Shoot them?
Show them paperwork?
Run away?

Or do as Obama ordered and use tear gas?

That's not a serious answer. Obviously, you don't have one. Again, you're in command of the post. Thugs are rushing you, throwing rocks and bottles. You are under orders that no one is too get through illegally. How do you stop them?

That's the problem. the orders are illegal..

And frankly, if someone ordered me to GAS CHILDREN, I'd disobey.

When I was in the military, I was under NO OBLIGATION to obey an illegal order.

If Trump wasn't ready for 5000 asylum seekers he knew were coming, that's on him.

That's the problem. the orders are illegal..

And frankly, if someone ordered me to GAS CHILDREN, I'd disobey.

When I was in the military, I was under NO OBLIGATION to obey an illegal order.

If Trump wasn't ready for 5000 asylum seekers he knew were coming, that's on him.

You're not answering the question.

How do you protect the post you are ordered to protect?

Do you shoot the thugs?

Do you run away, leaving the border crossing undefended?

How was Obama's use of tear gas illegal?

You're not making a good case here.

Do you shoot the thugs?

Obama didn't use tear gas on babies... Trump did.

The post wasn't under attack. Okay, so they get through.. Then what? Eventually, you capture them and send them back. Not a big deal.

Of course, again, what should have happened was they should have been ready to process their claims... it's not like this was a big surprise.

Do you shoot the thugs?

Obama didn't use tear gas on babies... Trump did.

The post wasn't under attack. Okay, so they get through.. Then what? Eventually, you capture them and send them back. Not a big deal.

Of course, again, what should have happened was they should have been ready to process their claims... it's not like this was a big surprise.

So your solution is to stand back and wave at them as they come through. Why bother to have a checkpoint at all if you're going to do that? Hint, once they get through, your position will most likely be, they're here now so we can't send them back.

And yes, the post was certainly under attack. Nice to know that if you're in charge, rocks, bottles, and a few children are enough to send the border defense running.

Such a federal law already exists. The Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act.

And as already explained Judge Friedman has made an inexplicable distinction between female genital mutilation and other forms of sexual abuse (such as rape, incest, ect.) that classify them as healthcare issues but not fgm in order to disingenuously, in my view, reject a law protecting fgm victims specifically.
One judge does not have the authority to overturn a Congressional act. Fgm is not legal in the entire USA. Not anywhere. It will remain so in full force & effect until/unless Congress says its ok to sexually abuse little girls.

So your solution is to stand back and wave at them as they come through. Why bother to have a checkpoint at all if you're going to do that? Hint, once they get through, your position will most likely be, they're here now so we can't send them back.

And yes, the post was certainly under attack. Nice to know that if you're in charge, rocks, bottles, and a few children are enough to send the border defense running.

Again, Trump knew they were coming for weeks. If he wasn't ready, that's on him.

The fact is, the backlog for asylum cases have doubled on his watch, because he isn't taking care of this business.

One judge does not have the authority to overturn a Congressional act. Fgm is not legal in the entire USA. Not anywhere. It will remain so in full force & effect until/unless Congress says its ok to sexually abuse little girls.
Federal judge finds female genital mutilation law unconstitutional
Apparently this judge says otherwise and if you read his legal reasoning it's absurd on many levels.
The judge should be removed from the bench.

Why don't you edumacate the class on the arcane question of wtf FGM has to do with interstate commerce then.

Again, Trump knew they were coming for weeks. If he wasn't ready, that's on him.

The fact is, the backlog for asylum cases have doubled on his watch, because he isn't taking care of this business.

Irrelevant. They attacked the post, and your prescription is to walk away and let them in. That's the bottom line. Obama's tear gas remains the best solution.

rrelevant. They attacked the post, and your prescription is to walk away and let them in. That's the bottom line. Obama's tear gas remains the best solution.

Obama didn't use Tear Gas on babies.

That would be your Fuhrer.

I'm sure when the Jackboots on the border shoot a baby and we have a picture of it's mother cradling it, you'll be on here justifying that, too, and pretending Obama did the same thing.

rrelevant. They attacked the post, and your prescription is to walk away and let them in. That's the bottom line. Obama's tear gas remains the best solution.

Obama didn't use Tear Gas on babies.

That would be your Fuhrer.

I'm sure when the Jackboots on the border shoot a baby and we have a picture of it's mother cradling it, you'll be on here justifying that, too, and pretending Obama did the same thing.

Again, what you're sure of is not only stupid, it's irrelevant. The post was under attack and tear gas was effective in dispersing the crowd. No one was injured and no one died. You would have walked away from the situation and allowed your post to be overrun. And yes, in this case, Obama did do the same thing. The only difference was the composition of the crowd. This time, the thugs used women and children as shields.

Apparently this judge says otherwise and if you read his legal reasoning it's absurd on many levels.
He is instrumental in facilitating sexual abuse of children. He already has no authority.

He is instrumental in facilitating sexual abuse of children. He already has no authority.

Actually he already characterized the practice of FGM as disgusting assault. And nobody here disagrees.

But of course that's personal opinion, not authority. His authority as a judge comes in determining Constitutionality.... which has nothing to do with that opinion. They're separate things.

Reading is a lost art.

Actually he already characterized the practice of FGM as disgusting assault. And nobody here disagrees.

But of course that's personal opinion, not authority. His authority as a judge comes in determining Constitutionality.... which has nothing to do with that opinion. They're separate things.

Reading is a lost art.
I know what Judge Friedman said and I also know what he did, striking down a law banning female genital mutilation on specious and erroneous grounds which even an apologist like you stopped shilling for after things were repeatedly and patiently explained to you.
My reading is fine. Thanks for stopping by.

Reading is a lost art.
I know what Judge Friedman said and I also know what he did, striking down a law banning female genital mutilation on specious and erroneous grounds which even an apologist like you stopped shilling for after things were repeatedly and patiently explained to you.
My reading is fine. Thanks for stopping by.

Actually that post wasn't even addressed to you. It was addressed to Silhouette, the one who so grossly misinterpreted the story. Which would still be readily apparent had you not cut the original quote out of the nest. That's exactly why I hit "reply" on his post.

As I just got done saying --------- reading is a lost art. Thanks for (re-)proving it.

Actually that post wasn't even addressed to you. It was addressed to Silhouette, the one who so grossly misinterpreted the story. Which would still be readily apparent had you not cut the original quote out of the nest. That's exactly why I hit "reply" on his post.

As I just got done saying --------- reading is a lost art. Thanks for (re-)proving it.
I got an alert that you were replying to my post which is why I replied. Try using the "quote" function as I do when replying to a particular poster since in a chain of comments where you don't bother to identify who you are addressing such confusion can occur, as it has before.
This is not a reading problem...it is your laziness problem.

Forum List

Back