Judge Engeron should be disbarred for judicial misconduct.

The Democrat handpicked hack judge Engeron should absolutely face disbarment along with Letitia James. The arbitrary judgements made by this nut job are so far beyond reasonable punitive damages, his conduct demands his removal from the courts. If you disagree, state why.

Engoron will be retired and living abroad by this time next year... living out his final years high on the hog off the payout he received for his loyalty to "the cause".

The crusty old hack needs to be tarred and feathered in the public square.

That was the jury award. I didn't say it was just. I am only saying the punitive award of $83 Million is much more that the statutory limit.

Many States limit punitive damages to 3:1 or 4:1.

Actual damages in the Stein case was $1, but the punitive award was $1 Million...
Read the purpose of punitive damages. It's an amount sufficient to dissuade the plaintiff from repeating.

Courts award punitive damages to punish a defendant for malicious, oppressive, or fraudulent conduct and deter future misconduct.

Punitive damages are known as non-compensatory damages because they do not compensate plaintiffs for their losses.

If the bank could have, they would have taken Trump to court, instead of trusting his business records. Get him under oath for the details in the financial statements.
But that wasn't an option available to them. Hence they were subject to being defrauded by false business records.
Nobody lost any money. There are thus no damages to remedy.

This is selective prosecution for the purposes of election interference. Both Lucretia DaVille and the demon judge should be disbarred.

Non answer is noted.

Now go fuck yourself with a rusty aids infested tire iron.
I'm answering a dozen replies at a time. An exact quote (with citation) for what everybody saw Mitch McConnell say on the senate floor was of low priority until I catch up with other posts questions.

As I said, what Mitch McConnell said. See for yourself.

They know they're handicapped by the law from subpoenaing the underlying business records, and personal depositions to verify the information given in business records.
No one relied on the SFC's. They all testified to that in the mock trial.

Deutche Bank said they estimated his worth at $2.6 Bn, which is consistent with other estimates such as Forbes and Bloomberg.

The New York City Parks department said never even lookd at the SFC when they entered into the agreement in the Ferry Point deal. They said they didn't ask for one, and that financial condition was only weighted 10% in the decision.

The statements were not material in any of the transactions, and the State never established any kind of link between the statements and the deals, let alone the profits.

The State made about $300 Million on the projects in fees and taxes, and they employed 13,000 people.

The State didn't show any harm to any investors or the State. None. Just some phony-baloney theory about these statements that no one relied on for anything causing some unspecified "harm to the business environment".

The real harm to the business environment is being done by this loony-bird AG and this bogus suit, which is going to shut down all large projects like this in the future.

Nobody lost any money. There are thus no damages to remedy.

This is selective prosecution for the purposes of election interference. Both Lucretia DaVille and the demon judge should be disbarred.
Actually the case brought out that Trump sought loans both from Deutchebank based on his false business records, and from other banks, And the difference in interest rates was significant. Meaning Deutche bank should have gotten a much higher interest rate than they charged Trump, because they were "duped" into giving a lower interest rate,

No different than if you bought a car with 50,000 miles on the odometer, that turned out to actually be 150,000 miles. But was fraudulently rolled back.

Last edited:
I'm answering a dozen replies at a time. An exact quote (with citation) for what everybody saw Mitch McConnell say on the senate floor was of low priority until I catch up with other posts questions.

As I said, what Mitch McConnell said. See for yourself.

So fucking what?

Read the purpose of punitive damages. It's an amount sufficient to dissuade the plaintiff from repeating.
I know what the fuck punitive damages are.

You already showed that 9:1 was the limit as per Campbell
Campbell, 538 U.S. 408 (2003) A punitive damages award should have a single-digit ratio to the compensatory damages award. In other words, a ratio of 9:1 is the maximum acceptable. In addition, the court may not consider the defendant's assets to justify an excessive award.
I am pointing out that in all the cases I mentioned, that was not followed- not even close.

Last edited:
Yes? The E. Jean Caroll case compensatory damages were $5 Million for battery and defamation. What is your question?
But how were actual damages $5 million? Actual damages are for ACTUAL expenses - the money it cost me to repair my car and missed work when you rammed into my car, or the doctor’s bills I incurred after you left your rake across your sidewalk and I tripped over it.

Did the woman who said Trump assaulted her 30 years ago incur $5 million in expenses? $1 million? $1,000? Where are the doctor’s bills to prove it? (I had to save doctor’s bills when I was injured to prove actual damages.) Where was the police report to prove it happened? What about the record at a hospital? Anything other than just a “she said” story?

This award was pulled out of the blue by a vindictive, Trump-hating jury in libtard NYC.

No one relied on the SFC's. They all testified to that in the mock trial.

Deutche Bank said they estimated his worth at $2.6 Bn, which is consistent with other estimates such as Forbes and Bloomberg.

The New York City Parks department said never even lookd at the SFC when they entered into the agreement in the Ferry Point deal. They said they didn't ask for one, and that financial condition was only weighted 10% in the decision.

The statements were not material in any of the transactions, and the State never established any kind of link between the statements and the deals, let alone the profits.

The State made about $300 Million on the projects in fees and taxes, and they employed 13,000 people.

The State didn't show any harm to any investors or the State. None. Just some phony-baloney theory about these statements that no one relied on for anything causing some unspecified "harm to the business environment".

The real harm to the business environment is being done by this loony-bird AG and this bogus suit, which is going to shut down all large projects like this in the future.
Re: the State never established any kind of link between the statements and the deals, let alone the profits.

Plaintiff’s expert, Michiel McCarty, testified reliably and convincingly that defendants profited by paying lower interest rates on loans from Deutsche Bank’s Private Wealth Management Division, based on fraudulent SFCs, than the interest rates they would have paid under nonrecourse loans simultaneously offered to them.

Actually the case brought out that Trump sought loans both from Deutchebank based on his false business records, and from other banks, And the difference in interest rates was significant. Meaning Deutche bank should have gotten a much higher interest rate than they charged Trump, because they were "duped" into giving a lower interest rate,

No different than if you bought a cat with 50,000 miles on the odometer, that turned out to actually be 150,000 miles. But was fraudulently rolled back.
Not a parallel. In your analogy, I lose money by paying over-market value for the car. I was victimized. In Trump’s case, nobody lost money. In fact, the “victim” gained $100 million in income! A win-win.

This is just an out-of-control AG, ruled by personal hatred for an individual, who selectively prosecuted him for a big nothingburger to keep him from winning the presidency. She should be disbarred for her lack of ethics. So should Fanny Willis. Their black privilege shouldn’t save them.

And Trump’s fine should be reduced to $10.

But how were actual damages $5 million? Actual damages are for ACTUAL expenses - the money it cost me to repair my car and missed work when you rammed into my car, or the doctor’s bills I incurred after you left your rake across your sidewalk and I tripped over it.

Did the woman who said Trump assaulted her 30 years ago incur $5 million in expenses? $1 million? $1,000? Where are the doctor’s bills to prove it? (I had to save doctor’s bills when I was injured to prove actual damages.) Where was the police report to prove it happened? What about the record at a hospital? Anything other than just a “she said” story?

This award was pulled out of the blue by a vindictive, Trump-hating jury in libtard NYC.
Lisa, I am not defending that award. I am saying that an $83 Million punitive award in that case is excessive.

Lisa, I am not defending that award. I am saying that an $83 Million punitive award in that case is excessive.
Thank you. I think ANY award is excessive when a woman claims that she was assaulted by a presidential candidate 30 years ago, and has no proof. No visit to the doctor. No police report. It was clearly motivated by politics.

Re: the State never established any kind of link between the statements and the deals, let alone the profits.

Plaintiff’s expert, Michiel McCarty, testified reliably and convincingly that defendants profited by paying lower interest rates on loans from Deutsche Bank’s Private Wealth Management Division, based on fraudulent SFCs, than the interest rates they would have paid under nonrecourse loans simultaneously offered to them.
That's the State's "expert witness" stating his opinion. He was not a party to the transactions, and his statement was directly refuted by the actual parties involved.

The actual actors ALL said the SFC's were not used in their calculations.

Engoron just dismissed the testimony of the banks and insurers, which is completely improper.

Thank you. I think ANY award is excessive when a woman claims that she was assaulted by a presidential candidate 30 years ago, and has no proof. No visit to the doctor. No police report. It was clearly motivated by politics.
Well of course, it was just a replay of the Kavanaugh smear. We've seen it many times before.

Forum List

Back