Judge Is Demanding That AOC Explain Why She Is Blocking People On Twitter

how about this >>>> based on freedom of information AOC should be required to
acknowledge that she BLOCKS ----something like ---leave the SN and then
add ""BLOCKED"" indicating that she does not like the message

Where did that Wacky Quacky twat go? Admitting to being wrong requires integrity, which liberals usually lack.

On another note, I believe the argument can be made, based on the Judge's ruling regarding Trump, that Twitter, etc. should NOT be able to block or suspend its users from viewing messages from government officials.

You just have to love the BALLS of the radical left!

Criticism is harassment to those who hate the truth. Youtube and Facebook are protected as platforms but behave as publishers. If AOC refuses to obey, then all Republican representatives should block their critics. Trump should go on allowing all to tweet to his account. Republican representatives should take up the fight. instead. If the left raises hell about it, it exposes AOC.

Criticism is harassment to those who hate the truth?

That implies that all criticism is truth?
I think you are a communist that wants to destroy America.

(no matter what you post, unless you agree with my assessment of you, I'll ask if you hate truth)

I'm hoping you'll see the flaw in your argument....

I still do not see how a judge can DENY a person the right to block out
something from her own discussion thingy

The judge determined that, since Trump is a public official, he cannot block anyone on Twitter, even if it is his "personal" Twitter account. I presume the ruling would apply to all other forms of social media.

The judge determined that, since Trump is a public official, he cannot block anyone on Twitter, even if it is his "personal" Twitter account. I presume the ruling would apply to all other forms of social media.

"the first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" uhm---judges is lawyers

Twitter is a private business. She can block whoever the hell she wants.

But can Trump?

Did I stutter when I said private business?

Yes he can

Actually, Weatherman's post number 7 has a good article on this. And, since Trump became a public figure, his twitter account was ruled to be a public forum, because he uses it for policy.

AOC is using her twitter account as a public forum, and therefore, she cannot block anyone either, at least, not until after she leaves office.

What's good for one side, should be good for the other. If Trump can't block people because his account is a public forum since he uses it to post policy, AOC can't block people either, because she is also using her account to post policy, making it a public forum as long as she is in office.

(Yeah................I know...............you conservatives are flipping out that a loony liberal such as myself would go against AOC, but what is right is right, and the same standards need to be held for all public officials, regardless of party).
Seems like a rather asinine ruling to me. Twitter is not a public forum and anyone should be able to communicate however they want using it as long as Twitter allows it.

Under that same concept, twitter could not stop Trump from using its services. The whole idea goes against simple property rights.

When a politician uses Twitter to send out policy, it is at that point that it is no longer a private forum, but now is considered a public forum, as policy that the politician is promoting is being placed on that forum. If she wants to be able to block people, she has 2 choices, either (a) stop posting policy on her twitter feed and only use it for private purposes, or (b) continue posting policy on her feed, but then understand that it is now a public forum, and as such, she cannot block people who disagree with her, because it is a public forum.

It wasn't determined to be a public forum until Trump started tweeting his policies on it. When he started to use it to discuss official government business, that is when it became a public forum, and must be accessible to all citizens of this country.

But can Trump?

Yes he can
No, he can't according to the law. Public servants are NOT ALLOWED to block people on social media according to court rulings.

The ruling was not about all public servants...just those that tie their account to their office. Trump's tweets are official statements, that is why he cannot block anyone

“The president presents the @realDonaldTrump account as being a presidential account as opposed to a personal account and, more importantly, uses the account to take actions that can be taken only by the president as president.”

But can Trump?

Yes he can
No, he can't according to the law. Public servants are NOT ALLOWED to block people on social media according to court rulings.

The ruling was not about all public servants...just those that tie their account to their office. Trump's tweets are official statements, that is why he cannot block anyone

“The president presents the @realDonaldTrump account as being a presidential account as opposed to a personal account and, more importantly, uses the account to take actions that can be taken only by the president as president.”
The judge already ruled she could not block them ya tard. He is now demanding she return to court to explain why she has not complied.

Christ you lefties are as uninformed as my dog.

But can Trump?

Yes he can

If they are using the social media platform to transmit policy, that is the point where it becomes public domain. If they only tweet what they are doing or what they are eating, and leaving public policy off of it (almost impossible for a politician), then they can still keep it private if they want.

Where AOC and Trump both messed up is when they started to use twitter to send out policy decisions.

But can Trump?

Yes he can

The judge already ruled she could not block them ya tard. He is now demanding she return to court to explain why she has not complied.

Christ you lefties are as uninformed as my dog.

Does not change a thing I posted. She uses her account as her official account as well. But the ruling still does not apply to every public servant.

you try so hard and fail so badly every single time.

at least you have heart!

She uses her account as her official account as well. But the ruling still does not apply to every public servant.

No shit sherlock lol.

You got caught not knowing the facts and rather than just accept it we gotta move the goalposts to talk about everyone but who the thread is about in order for you to save face.

This is why no one on this board beyond the other idiots respects you.
Back to ignore ya go...

She uses her account as her official account as well. But the ruling still does not apply to every public servant.

No shit sherlock lol.

You got caught not knowing the facts and rather than just accept it we gotta move the goalposts to talk about everyone but who the thread is about in order for you to save face.

This is why no one on this board beyond the other idiots respects you.
Back to ignore ya go...

I stated the facts dumb fuck, you are the one that posted a false information.

but please, do run and hide. it is what you do best.

...that is when it became a public forum, and must be accessible to all citizens of this country.

Apparently, that ruling doesn't apply to Twitter itself, which can deny citizens that it doesn't like from being able to read government communications on their platform.

Forum List

Back