Judge rules NC can't make sure only citizens are voting

Judge strikes down NC voter ID law OK’d by voters

What a piece of shit. I hope they appeal this all the way to the SC.

The whole point of the NC voter ID law wasn't to verify identification, it was to supress the votes of poor Americans.
Dumb ass I have been poor I could still come up with the 5$ for a damn State ID...stop lying.
Can you understand ‘Poll The ax’?

Why do Conservatives applaud voter suppression?

That's because nobody is being suppressed. How can you say a law that applies to all people only suppresses one side?

Unless you want to make the claim that minorities are too stupid to get an ID (which is what you people really mean) then there is no suppression.
Voter suppression is a much more prevalent offense than voter fraud

Agreed, however nobody's vote is being suppressed. We have one law that all must follow. If somebody is suppressed, then it's because of their own doing, not any new laws.

I will assume that you wrote poll tax not poll the ax. Of course I could be wrong and you could be talking some other nonsense.

Hard to actually call something that is either free or less then the cost of a pack of cigarettes as an excessive poll tax.

The real reason liberals are so upset with voter ID is that no one can vote more then once, use the name of a dead person to vote more, or someone running from area to area to vote. It means one person one vote. Now if we could only keep all those "found at the last moment" democratic votes.
Voter fraud is not rampant. Voter suppression unfortunately is.
Unfortunately no one has figured out how to suppress stupid from voting.

If we get more voter ID laws we just might be surprised at the amount of fraud. Unfortunately gerrymandering is a problem with both parties. Even when there is no intent to do so the other side will still call it in the hopes that calling it gerrymandering will somehow work in their favor.

So if voter fraud is not a problem why are you so dead set against an ID? If it were cost I would be more on your side. But when cost is zero or minimal the only reason to oppose an ID is that you think there is something to hide.

You are required to have a passport, drivers license, birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, social security number and others. If you think they are all so bad for everyone then campaign for the repeal of all those I have listed and the others.
Voting should be as easy as drawing a breath.

Suppression is the tactic of the minority party because they know that without hinderence, voters will rarely if ever vote for the minority.

Insisting on ID means you have something to suppress

Insisting on no ID"s means you want voting to be a joke because anybody can do it.
No. It means the freedom to vote must not be infringed.

So who's freedom to vote is being infringed?

If we get more voter ID laws we just might be surprised at the amount of fraud. Unfortunately gerrymandering is a problem with both parties. Even when there is no intent to do so the other side will still call it in the hopes that calling it gerrymandering will somehow work in their favor.

So if voter fraud is not a problem why are you so dead set against an ID? If it were cost I would be more on your side. But when cost is zero or minimal the only reason to oppose an ID is that you think there is something to hide.

You are required to have a passport, drivers license, birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, social security number and others. If you think they are all so bad for everyone then campaign for the repeal of all those I have listed and the others.

Suppression is the tactic of the minority party because they know that without hinderence, voters will rarely if ever vote for the minority.

Insisting on no ID"s means you want voting to be a joke because anybody can do it.

We need reasonable background checks
And registration

Google Dodge City Kansas

North Carolina 9th

Gerrymandering

The whole point of the NC voter ID law wasn't to verify identification, it was to supress the votes of poor Americans.
That's silly/ignorant.

Every American citizen that is an NC resident can get a FREE ID. Again. That's FREE.. Meaning it cost the same as getting Food Stamps, which lots of poor people get.

Now, Voter ID Laws do make it harder for poor illegal immigrants to vote. Is that what you meant to say?

The judge ruled that Republicans engaged in ELECTION FRAUD on a scale so vast that a new election has to be called

Google Dodge City Kansas

North Carolina 9th

Gerrymandering

I'm not Googling anything. You think you have some sort of evidence, don't ask me to go looking for it. That's not the way discussion groups work.

Dumb ass I have been poor I could still come up with the 5$ for a damn State ID...stop lying.

That's because nobody is being suppressed. How can you say a law that applies to all people only suppresses one side?

Unless you want to make the claim that minorities are too stupid to get an ID (which is what you people really mean) then there is no suppression.
"Voter suppression" is a leftwing euphemism meaning "election integrity."

From the article linked in the OP…

The judge sided Friday with the state NAACP, which argued last year’s edition of the General Assembly that voted to put amendments to the North Carolina Constitution on the ballot was illegally constituted due to racially gerrymandered districts.
·
·
·​
Wake Court Superior Court Judge Bryan Collins wrote the amendments placed on the ballot by a legislature “that did not represent the people of North Carolina.”

So, what the judge in this case is saying, it seems, is that due to alleged gerrymandering, the legislature does not represent the people who elected it, and on that basis, he is invalidating two acts of that legislature; each of which consisted of putting a measure on the ballot that was
subsequently approved by majority of voters.

If allowed to stand, this seems to me to set a very dangerous precedent. In effect, this judge is claiming the authority to invalidate the legislative branch of his state's government, and to rule in its place. Particularly, he is invalidating two laws where this legislature that he claims does not properly represent the will of the people, had put on the ballot, where the clearly-expressed will of the people voted them in.

Whatever one may think about the merits of the two specific laws that this judge struck down, it seems clear to me that his actions here constitute an outrageous exercise in corruption and usurpation; that he acted very far outside of any authority that he could ever legitimately be claimed to have had.

In precinct after precinct court cases went against the action of numerous Republican states who passed restrictive ID laws against Native Americans - whose citizenship should never be in question, or shortened polling hours and days in poor neighbourhoods, and in the case of Kansas, moved polling stations right out of the city to a location with no public transit access, to keep poor net city residents from voting.

In all cases the Republicans controlled the states and the elections.

Democrats have won all of the popular votes in both House and Presidential elections for more than 20 years. Republicans have governed as a minority party with a minority of voters.

This has ONLY been possible by voter suppression and gerrymandering.

In precinct after precinct court cases went against the action of numerous Republican states who passed restrictive ID laws against Native Americans - whose citizenship should never be in question, or shortened polling hours and days in poor neighbourhoods, and in the case of Kansas, moved polling stations right out of the city to a location with no public transit access, to keep poor net city residents from voting.

In all cases the Republicans controlled the states and the elections.

Democrats have won all of the popular votes in both House and Presidential elections for more than 20 years. Republicans have governed as a minority party with a minority of voters.

This has ONLY been possible by voter suppression and gerrymandering.

Or perhaps only possible by people voting who should not be.

The judge ruled that Republicans engaged in ELECTION FRAUD on a scale so vast that a new election has to be called
There's nothing at all "funny" about Republican election fraud

How can a democratic republic stand once a radical minority of Conservatives decides that their opposition should be denied voting rights?

In America, we favor fairness.

You Dem's require identification to get a fishing license, then charge the poor for the privilege. The poor can't even feed themselves without you moochers stealing from them.

How can a democratic republic stand once a radical minority of Conservatives decides that their opposition should be denied voting rights?

No one is denying voting rights to legal voters, shit for brains.

Correct, we do favor fairness. When I go to vote and some illegal votes the opposite of me, I was cheated out of my vote. That's not fair.

Forum List

Back