Judge rules NC can't make sure only citizens are voting

How can a democratic republic stand once a radical minority of Conservatives decides that their opposition should be denied voting rights?

In America, we favor fairness.

Apparently, the current left wrong-wing solution is to allow a corrupt judge to unilaterally rule that the entire legislative branch does not properly represent the people, and on that basis, to usurp the power to rule as a dictator in its place, in open defiance of the clearly expressed will of the people.

If this pair of rulings is allowed to stand, then what power can this judge not claim and exercise? Why even have a legislative process at all, if a single judge is allowed to completely overrule it in such a manner?

How can a democratic republic stand once a radical minority of Conservatives decides that their opposition should be denied voting rights?

In this pair of cases, the judge effectively denied the voting rights of the entire population of his state. Two ballot measures, solidly upheld by the votes of the people, overturned because the judge alleges that the legislature was somehow failing to represent a people when it put those measures on the ballot. The hubris and corruption here is extreme, even for LIbEral Democrats.

Can you understand ‘Poll The ax’?

Why do Conservatives applaud voter suppression?

That's because nobody is being suppressed. How can you say a law that applies to all people only suppresses one side?

Unless you want to make the claim that minorities are too stupid to get an ID (which is what you people really mean) then there is no suppression.
Voter suppression is a much more prevalent offense than voter fraud
"Voter suppression" is a leftwing euphemism meaning "election integrity."

No one is denying voting rights to legal voters, shit for brains.
When a voter shows up without approved ID...

Judge strikes down NC voter ID law OK’d by voters

What a piece of shit. I hope they appeal this all the way to the SC.

The whole point of the NC voter ID law wasn't to verify identification, it was to supress the votes of poor Americans.
Dumb ass I have been poor I could still come up with the 5$ for a damn State ID...stop lying.

That's because nobody is being suppressed. How can you say a law that applies to all people only suppresses one side?

Unless you want to make the claim that minorities are too stupid to get an ID (which is what you people really mean) then there is no suppression.
Stats? Let us see the stats. How many voters are suppressed vs. how many commit voter fraud.
Thanks.

Dumb ass I have been poor I could still come up with the 5$ for a damn State ID...stop lying.

In precinct after precinct court cases went against the action of numerous Republican states who passed restrictive ID laws against Native Americans - whose citizenship should never be in question, or shortened polling hours and days in poor neighbourhoods, and in the case of Kansas, moved polling stations right out of the city to a location with no public transit access, to keep poor net city residents from voting.

In all cases the Republicans controlled the states and the elections.

Democrats have won all of the popular votes in both House and Presidential elections for more than 20 years. Republicans have governed as a minority party with a minority of voters.

This has ONLY been possible by voter suppression and gerrymandering.
Yeah, we know. Obama appointed judges overthrew the will of the people. And turds like you claim to believe in democracy.

Without proper ID, how is the individual to validate his/her claim as a legitimate voter?

maybe we could meet someone that doesn't have an id. anyone?

There are lots of ways to ID yourself .

What you ID freaks forget to mention is that before people used X Y or Z to ID themselves . These laws say “oh no, you can only use Z”. Even though the old way worked just fine since forever . The whole purpose is to suppress votes .

What you ID freaks forget to mention is that before people used X Y or Z to ID themselves . These laws say “oh no, you can only use Z”. Even though the old way worked just fine since forever . The whole purpose is to suppress votes .
how so. educate me on how it is suppression.

so the judge just suppressed all votes. I'd sue the judge.

North Carolina has bigger problems with voter fraud than voter ID

It is Republicans destroying absentee ballots

Because that’s the intent . They know it will effect older people who will most likely be Dem voters.

Here’s a textbook example . Grampa Joe is 80 years old . Hasn’t driven in years so his ID is an expired drivers license. He would be denied the vote even though he’s voted at that poll for 50 years because he doesn’t have a valid ID .

So far the High Court has made several State Purge the voters from the books who are dead or moved to another state, so this is a start. ID law will be upheld in the High Court it is not a unreasonable Law. It is the absentee ballot that is being done by the Democrats now. A good example is the Granny Vote in South fla. They go into the voting booth and vote, take a pix of the ballot and show it to a person outside and get paid 20 bucks for the vote.

I will assume that you wrote poll tax not poll the ax. Of course I could be wrong and you could be talking some other nonsense.

Hard to actually call something that is either free or less then the cost of a pack of cigarettes as an excessive poll tax.

The real reason liberals are so upset with voter ID is that no one can vote more then once, use the name of a dead person to vote more, or someone running from area to area to vote. It means one person one vote. Now if we could only keep all those "found at the last moment" democratic votes.
Voter fraud is not rampant. Voter suppression unfortunately is.
Unfortunately no one has figured out how to suppress stupid from voting.

If we get more voter ID laws we just might be surprised at the amount of fraud. Unfortunately gerrymandering is a problem with both parties. Even when there is no intent to do so the other side will still call it in the hopes that calling it gerrymandering will somehow work in their favor.

So if voter fraud is not a problem why are you so dead set against an ID? If it were cost I would be more on your side. But when cost is zero or minimal the only reason to oppose an ID is that you think there is something to hide.

You are required to have a passport, drivers license, birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, social security number and others. If you think they are all so bad for everyone then campaign for the repeal of all those I have listed and the others.
Voting should be as easy as drawing a breath.

Suppression is the tactic of the minority party because they know that without hinderence, voters will rarely if ever vote for the minority.

Insisting on ID means you have something to suppress
That is a batch of Bull Hockey that I have seen so far today.

So far the High Court has made several State Purge the voters from the books who are dead or moved to another state, so this is a start. ID law will be upheld in the High Court it is not a unreasonable Law. It is the absentee ballot that is being done by the Democrats now. A good example is the Granny Vote in South fla. They go into the voting booth and vote, take a pix of the ballot and show it to a person outside and get paid 20 bucks for the vote.

Cool story bro . Next time add a high speed car chase .

Because that’s the intent . They know it will effect older people who will most likely be Dem voters.

Here’s a textbook example . Grampa Joe is 80 years old . Hasn’t driven in years so his ID is an expired drivers license. He would be denied the vote even though he’s voted at that poll for 50 years because he doesn’t have a valid ID .
Once Republicans get their voter ID passed, the next step is to make it harder and harder to qualify for an ID. More hoops to jump through and more ways to disqualify an ID

Once Republicans get their voter ID passed, the next step is to make it harder and harder to qualify for an ID. More hoops to jump through and more ways to disqualify an ID

Really? And that happened in what state?

My mother is 85 and never drove in her life. She has a State ID, and renews it before it expires. Not very hard.

Forum List

Back