Judicial Watch Obtains Critical Race Teacher Training Guide For Westerly, Rhode Island

Seems to me like the goal is to expand perspective through an honest review of facts and history

What honest review? They completely ignore the fact that blacks owned slaves in America.

All they say is all whites are evil and racist.

What honest review? They completely ignore the fact that blacks owned slaves in America.

All they say is all whites are evil and racist.
They are giving another perspective. A side of history that hasn’t been taught or widely discussed throughout our nations history. And they certainly are not saying all whites are evil and racist. That’s an outright lie.

They are giving another perspective. A side of history that hasn’t been taught or widely discussed throughout our nations history. And they certainly are not saying all whites are evil and racist. That’s an outright lie.

A perspective that is fundamentally a lie. Their agenda is purely destructive. I have yet to see anything constructive from the entire philosophy.

What is the ultimate goal of the people pushing CRT? I have never been able to get a straight answer from them.

You can’t get a straight answer because no one is “pushing” it. And it doesn’t have a “goal”. It is an academic theory, been around for years, that the right suddenly latched onto and morphed into their latest face of tbe evil left.

Everything I see that they want is racist to its core.

What possible constructive thing can come from that?
Who are “they” and what do “they” want? When I read about what critical race theory is (from the view of those who teach it) there are no “wants”.

Seems to me like the goal is to expand perspective through an honest review of facts and history
. . . hmmmm.. .

There is an old saying.

History is written from the POV of the victor. This may be true, and CRT may be an attempt to rectify this. OTH? It may also be a misguided attempt to view everything through the lens of ethnicity.

IMO? Our history is not as simple as viewing everything through the lens of race. Somethings, sure, can be better understood through an empathetic view of looking at the how our minority communities view our history, but it really does not help knit or bind our nation together into one culture, nor. . . can it be said to be a, "honest review,"of the "facts," of history.

When my kid went through school, he was taught pretty much the dominant view of history, as we live in a pretty conservative school district. I made an effort though, to give him an alternate POV. There are, of course, many conservatives here, who would chaff at hearing anything about, say, Howard Zinn's, People's History of the United States.

IMO, I think everyone should read it. There are a lot of episodes in our nation's history that are glossed over, because the establishment doesn't want folks to know about the "facts," and episodes of oppression, or views from the other side.

. . . but, what I believe is needed, is balance, not a political axe to grind.

If you don't read and look at all sides, yeah, there does seem to be a political axe to grind. Some folks don't WANT to know about the horrors about how this nation got to be what it is. OTH, others do not want to recognize it's great triumphs either, they do not wish to recognize WHY we are indeed the greatest champion in the world for civil rights and civil liberties.

When you write, "facts and history," you fail to state. . . WHOSE FACTS? WHOSE HISTORY?

We need to bear in mind, we are one nation, one people. . . and we need to put all of these facts, and all of this history into a context that makes sense, which brought us to where we are today.

A perspective that is fundamentally a lie. Their agenda is purely destructive. I have yet to see anything constructive from the entire philosophy.
Y’all keep calling the perspective and theory a lie but then fail to point out the actual lies

Y’all keep calling the perspective and theory a lie but then fail to point out the actual lies

I already did. They fail to admit that blacks owned slaves in the USA.

. . . hmmmm.. .

There is an old saying.

History is written from the POV of the victor. This may be true, and CRT may be an attempt to rectify this. OTH? It may also be a misguided attempt to view everything through the lens of ethnicity.

IMO? Our history is not as simple as viewing everything through the lens of race. Somethings, sure, can be better understood through an empathetic view of looking at the how our minority communities view our history, but it really does not help knit or bind our nation together into one culture, nor. . . can it be said to be a, "honest review,"of the "facts," of history.

When my kid went through school, he was taught pretty much the dominant view of history, as we live in a pretty conservative school district. I made an effort though, to give him an alternate POV. There are, of course, many conservatives here, who would chaff at hearing anything about, say, Howard Zinn's, People's History of the United States.

IMO, I think everyone should read it. There are a lot of episodes in our nation's history that are glossed over, because the establishment doesn't want folks to know about the "facts," and episodes of oppression, or views from the other side.

. . . but, what I believe is needed, is balance, not a political axe to grind.

If you don't read and look at all sides, yeah, there does seem to be a political axe to grind. Some folks don't WANT to know about the horrors about how this nation got to be what it is. OTH, others do not want to recognize it's great triumphs either, they do not wish to recognize WHY we are indeed the greatest champion in the world for civil rights and civil liberties.

When you write, "facts and history," you fail to state. . . WHOSE FACTS? WHOSE HISTORY?

We need to bear in mind, we are one nation, one people. . . and we need to put all of these facts, and all of this history into a context that makes sense, which brought us to where we are today.
I totally agree with you and commend you on your engagement with your children and how you approach this topic, unlike many on this board, with an educated background from actually reading the documents. Kudos

I don’t think the 1619 project had any hidden agenda, it came right out and said it was a thought experiment and was going to look at history from a new perspective. The goal wasn’t to give a complete account of history, it was to fill gaps that have been left out.

As to your question about how it brings our nation together…. Well it won’t at first, it will stir controversy. But over time as more people learn about some of those missing pieces of our past they will have the opportunity to gain wisdom and perspective that past generations did not have. To me that is a pathway forward

I already did. They fail to admit that blacks owned slaves in the USA.
That’s not lying. They aren’t responsible for including a complete account of history, they are giving a perspective. Is that all you got? You can’t point to an actual passage that is presenting false information?

That’s not lying. They aren’t responsible for including a complete account of history, they are giving a perspective. Is that all you got? You can’t point to an actual passage that is presenting false information?

They claim that ONLY whites were slave owners.

Beginning with a lie isn't good for your credibility

They claim that ONLY whites were slave owners.

Beginning with a lie isn't good for your credibility
Can you show me the passage for what you’re talking about please. I’d like to see the context and wording for myself.

Can you show me the passage for what you’re talking about please. I’d like to see the context and wording for myself.

I read it at the meeting. They don't seem to allow their printed materials out. You should do a search for yourself so you can see for yourself.

What is available is vague and long on opinion, but with NO facts.

Please do the search. I did, for weeks.

Anyone who goes through that much effort to hide their intentions is a true threat to liberty.

I read it at the meeting. They don't seem to allow their printed materials out. You should do a search for yourself so you can see for yourself.

What is available is vague and long on opinion, but with NO facts.

Please do the search. I did, for weeks.

Anyone who goes through that much effort to hide their intentions is a true threat to liberty.
I’ve read much of the 1619 project and have researched what they are teaching in schools. I haven’t seen anything like you claim. It’s very convenient that you can’t find anything to back up your claims don’t you think? How would you react if I made a claim and you asked for proof and I responded the way you just responded. Yeah, I’m laughing too.

When you say NO facts then I know you’re lying. For example one story I read about was when Lincoln invited a group of black leaders into the White House before the civil war to try and work on race problems that were brewing. White House transcripts were provided to review the conversation. Are you saying that’s a lie? The meeting and transcripts were made up?

Perhaps you should consider that there isn’t really a big hidden agenda at play. The reason why you think it’s hidden is because this agenda is nothing more than right wing talking points that you can’t back up with anything concrete.

I’ve read much of the 1619 project and have researched what they are teaching in schools. I haven’t seen anything like you claim. It’s very convenient that you can’t find anything to back up your claims don’t you think? How would you react if I made a claim and you asked for proof and I responded the way you just responded. Yeah, I’m laughing too.

When you say NO facts then I know you’re lying. For example one story I read about was when Lincoln invited a group of black leaders into the White House before the civil war to try and work on race problems that were brewing. White House transcripts were provided to review the conversation. Are you saying that’s a lie? The meeting and transcripts were made up?

Perhaps you should consider that there isn’t really a big hidden agenda at play. The reason why you think it’s hidden is because this agenda is nothing more than right wing talking points that you can’t back up with anything concrete.

I am talking specifically about the CRT advocates.

I am talking specifically about the CRT advocates.
You’re not really talking specifically about anything. You heard something somewhere but can’t find anything written to back it up because they are working hard to hide their true agenda… this is the BS you’re feeding us

You’re not really talking specifically about anything. You heard something somewhere but can’t find anything written to back it up because they are working hard to hide their true agenda… this is the BS you’re feeding us
CRT is just another attempt to destroy Western civilization, like PC and Wokeness. Significant progress has been made in attaining that goal. CRT cannot be taught to our children. It is going to ruin their lives and fill them with hate.

With those kind of citizens we are doomed.

Of course I am not. They go to great effort to not reveal their goals.

Why do you think that is?

CRT is just another attempt to destroy Western civilization, like PC and Wokeness. Significant progress has been made in attaining that goal. CRT cannot be taught to our children. It is going to ruin their lives and fill them with hate.

With those kind of citizens we are doomed.
Haha, ok because you say so Last. We will just take your word on that

Of course I am not. They go to great effort to not reveal their goals.

Why do you think that is?
I don’t think that is. I think you have all these fake attack talking points distorting their message and assigning an anti American agenda to them. You can’t find anything concrete to back up those lies so you just say they are hiding it. So lame

Forum List

Back