🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Julian Assange has reached a plea deal with the U.S., allowing him to go free

He also sat on information for years, or never released it at all.

This is the part about him that would bug me. He would hoard his information and release it in bits and pieces, keeping him the point of attention vice the information.

If you are claiming everyone has the right to know, just release it all as soon as you get it.
He's always seemed like a very strange duck, with an agenda, and his childhood may have been very bad. I was not sure of his motives. But our government did lie us into a war that had 4000 dead soldiers and tens of thousands maimed. I've met more than one vet who is still "troubled" by his/her experiences. I hope he has a happy life with his family.

He's always seemed like a very strange duck, with an agenda, and his childhood may have been very bad. I was not sure of his motives. But our government did lie us into a war that had 4000 dead soldiers and tens of thousands maimed. I've met more than one vet who is still "troubled" by his/her experiences. I hope he has a happy life with his family.

Our Govt lies to us so much more than I think most of us realize.

I just finished about a book about the US involvement with Noriega and Panama in the 80s leading up to our invasion of the country to remove him.

The stuff we let him get away with, and helped him get away with is just mind blogging and down right an embarrassment to the country. All in the name of stopping the Commies.

I was an adult by the time this was going on and am ashamed to say I had no idea of most of it. Granted I was in my early 20s and all I cared about back then was getting drunk and getting laid.

GW Bush should have been in jail, but instead we made him POTUS. The author of the book said the joke around DC was the he was running for POTUS to avoid going to jail.

Wrong. Government is without question the most heinous criminal entity in the world. This is historical undeniable.

And yet there has never been a society without one.

Government is merely a tool, no different than a hammer or a gun. It is neither good nor bad, it just is.

The problem is not government, it is humans.

And yet there has never been a society without one.

Government is merely a tool, no different than a hammer or a gun. It is neither good nor bad, it just is.

The problem is not government, it is humans.
Means nothing.

Why continue to allow some fool who heads government authority over you? It’s a recipe for disaster and history proves it repeatedly.

Learn from history. Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is…well you know.

Last edited:
Means nothing.

Why continue to allow some fool who heads government authority over you? It’s a recipe for disaster and history proves it repeatedly.

Learn from history. Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is…well you know.

It is a necessity, a society cannot exist without some guidelines and rules.

Every social structure has them, down to the family level.

If you wish to get away from any sort of Govt, go find a deserted island and live alone.

So, after all the drama...an ending to the story. While I don't condone his actions, I firmly believe that he has suffered enough. If Manning is free...Assange should be, as well. After all, between prison for 5 years and being holed up in an embassy for 7 years, Assange has done a fair amount of time.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange plans to plead guilty to a conspiracy charge this week as part of a plea deal with the U.S. Justice Department that will allow him to go free after spending five years in a British prison, according to court documents.

Assange was charged by criminal information — which typically signifies a plea deal — with conspiracy to obtain and disclose national defense information, the court documents say. A letter from Justice Department official Matthew McKenzie to U.S. District Judge Ramona Manglona of the U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands said that Assange would appear in court at 9 a.m. local time on Wednesday (or, 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday) to plead guilty and said that DOJ expects Assange will return to Australia, his country of citizenship, after the proceedings.
Thank God!

It is a necessity, a society cannot exist without some guidelines and rules.

Every social structure has them, down to the family level.

If you wish to get away from any sort of Govt, go find a deserted island and live alone.
Again means nothing as it relates to your belief in government. All those things can be accomplished without government.

Again means nothing as it relates to your belief in government. All those things can be accomplished without government.

They are not. They cannot even exist without some form of government.

I am not even sure you know what the word means.

They are not. They cannot even exist without some form of government.

I am not even sure you know what the word means.
Yes they can. Belief in government is dumb. Why do you support something so heinous? Humans can cooperate with each other without the harmful elements imposed on us by government.

Humans can cooperate with each other without the harmful elements imposed on us by government.

Government does not need to be harmful.

I truly believe you do not even know what the word means

I think he's more of an anarchist. Perhaps not the right word. More a person who believes that what passes for a free press does not give a fully balanced story ... regardless of the country where one lives. Imo he's a damaged human who is unable to differentiate being able to freely access information and being told by the state. Imo, Manning was more properly motivated by the US govt hiding facts, regardless of what places like Russia do
Yes he will be damaged by years in prison being tortured mentally and his health damaged so would you be, he exposed wrongdoing and war crimes end of story, what i find a worry is some people want those crimes covered up.

Not surprising. The US government had to save face for their illegal actions in this unjust case.

They want to put the embarrassment of the illegal war in Iraq. Which was the only crime committed.

Forum List

Back