July 4th: Trump hijacking Independence Day

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

More: RNC Giving Out Tickets To Trump’s Hijacked Fourth Of July Celebration

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?

why are the left berserk about this? he was inspired by frog leftists and Bastille day parade :04:

maybe we could get a 'missile strike' on 'iran' as Gravy or 'icing' on da cake eh ??

If Demos are not allowed to speak then what is a democracy.

Who is preventing Democrats from expressing their views? Are there gangs of people wearing masks who are beating the shit out of Democrats in the street?
I hear there will be plenty wearing USS John McCain shirts. Can't hide them.

Veteran organizations to hand out USS McCain shirts during Trump’s Fourth of July celebration
---------------------------------- So WHAT and big deal , will these 'verterans' be wearing their 'widdle' veteran baseball caps so I can identify them OKFine ??
WTF is a 'verterans' ???

mccainthumbsdown.jpg

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

More: RNC Giving Out Tickets To Trump’s Hijacked Fourth Of July Celebration

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?

I think trump was so impressed with the military displays in N. Korea, he feels the need to show Kim and his base he's got a bigger one, and a bigger one than Kim.

He does, faggot, now what, bitch?

Oh Whorra, Whorra
Hand Wringing
And More Whorra, Whorra

In Other Words
They Don't Know Shit
As 4th of July Is Still Three Days Out
They've Been Wrong About Every Prognostication They've Made
Yet They Persist
You Are The Most Dismal And Miserable Pack Of Worry-Warts I've Ever Seen

We've Just Had Eight Years
Of The Biggest Me, Me, I, I, Me, Me, Me
President Of All Time
And You've Got Your Panties In A Knot
Over Something That Hasn't Even Happened

Last edited:

Whorra, Whorra
Hand Wringing
And More Whorra, Whorra

In Other Words
They Don't Know Shit
Yet They Persist

President Of All Time
I just put down a $20 bet that DJT will talk some partisan BS. He can't help himself.

Who is preventing Democrats from expressing their views? Are there gangs of people wearing masks who are beating the shit out of Democrats in the street?

Veteran organizations to hand out USS McCain shirts during Trump’s Fourth of July celebration
---------------------------------- So WHAT and big deal , will these 'verterans' be wearing their 'widdle' veteran baseball caps so I can identify them OKFine ??
WTF is a 'verterans' ???

View attachment 267444
------------------------------------------- its the way I address 'verterans' to show my respect for 'verteran' ' juan mcstain' lovers OKFine .

Whorra, Whorra
Hand Wringing
And More Whorra, Whorra

In Other Words
They Don't Know Shit
Yet They Persist

President Of All Time
I just put down a $20 bet that DJT will talk some partisan BS. He can't help himself.
-------------------------------------- the TRUMP will have fun , might give rides in the 'tanks' , maybe , maybe not OKFine .

okfine said:
And No Matter What Happens
You'll Paint It With The Broadest Brush You Can Find
To Suit Your Own Gloom And Misery
Because Mockery Is So Fun To Be Around

Gawd, Being Around Your Kind Feels Oppressive
Like A Lead Weight
That's Why I Shop In The Middle Of The Night

WTF is a 'verterans' ???

View attachment 267444
------------------------------------------- its the way I address 'verterans' to show my respect for 'verteran' ' juan mcstain' lovers OKFine .
Whatever you say. BTW, I am NOT a JM fan. But, he sure stuck it to the Head MORON. Right?

okfine said:
And No Matter What Happens
You'll Paint It With The Broadest Brush You Can Find
To Suit Your Own Gloom And Misery
Because Mockery Is So Fun To Be Around

Gawd, Being Around Your Kind Feels Oppressive
Like A Lead Weight
That's Why I Shop In The Middle Of The Night
Such a poet...

Whorra, Whorra
Hand Wringing
And More Whorra, Whorra

In Other Words
They Don't Know Shit
Yet They Persist

President Of All Time
----------------------------------------- please watch for the CODE Words in his speech and report back to the board . Watch to see if he gives the 'white power' sign OKFine .

pismoe said:
please watch for the CODE Words in his speech and report back to the board . Watch to see if he gives the 'white power' sign OKFine .
Oh, "Code Words"
That Only Exist In A Leftist's Imagination
HA-HAA !!

For The Inherent Bigotry In His White Half's DNA !!

gallery_nrm_1423450539-465692015.jpg

okfine said:
So, a mind reader as well.
No, This Thread Is About Critics Of DJT Mind Reading
And Your Twenty Dollar Bet
Is Where It Led You By The Nose

Over An Event That Hasn't Happened

Guess what I'm thinking now.
Project Much ??
No. Not You
You're A Clear Thinker
That Lives In The Now

the republicans would of blew their testis and the females would of squirted milk from their breasts, that is how explosive they would of been.

They would of never got over it, they probably would of put on their whites, and strung Obama up after they tarred and feathered him.

Yet they applaud tramp. Wonders never cease.
You would have loved it if Obumbles did it. You'd eat that right up. Admit it, you would.

Forum List

Back