July 4th: Trump hijacking Independence Day

No answer to my question? Funny. Thanks for playing...

There are things for which Trump is deserving of criticism, but this isn't one of them.

What's wrong with celebrating the 4th of July? What's wrong with putting some tanks and other military hardware on display for the public? It's not something the public typically gets to see and it's probably a good recruiting tool to encourage young people to consider serving in the military.

For radical extremists like you, every Trump statement or action is an outrage and your outrage only flows in one direction.
What's wrong is turning it into his personal political rally.
---------------------------------- personal political rally --- I think that that is what you ASSUME eh Crep ??

He is going to give an address from the White House (which is when the brand new Sherman tanks will be on display).

I am willing to make a wager that address will mirror every campaign speech he has every given...

You willing to take that wager?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

He should give his speech from our 57th state Obamaville .

Yes, which one of the hundreds of tRymo verbal flubbs should I pick to counter the 57 states thing that you've just brought up for the 13,427th time?

Let's go with something recent:

Maybe he can give the speech from the top of that new Sherman tank?

Yes the 4th of July is suppose to be about American Independence but the repub want to make it political as if they own the 4th of July

If Demos are not allowed to speak then what is a democracy.

It's you Tards that attack Free Speech dick brain...

Trump’s a retard no matter how you slice it. My feelings don’t matter.

You obviously have never been close to a person with mental retardation. You are a disgusting, hateful person.

I can see democrats are pissed about this day. America becoming its own independent country with borders. That's impossibly offensive.

So yes, it will basically be a Trump day. Trump wants an independent America with a border in the future as well. Does anyone know where I can get some Trump flags to go next to the American flags?

No answer to my question? Funny. Thanks for playing...

There are things for which Trump is deserving of criticism, but this isn't one of them.

What's wrong with celebrating the 4th of July? What's wrong with putting some tanks and other military hardware on display for the public? It's not something the public typically gets to see and it's probably a good recruiting tool to encourage young people to consider serving in the military.

For radical extremists like you, every Trump statement or action is an outrage and your outrage only flows in one direction.

So..you don't like America? 'Sup, bitch?
Is that stupid straw man really all you've got?

Yes the 4th of July is suppose to be about American Independence but the repub want to make it political as if they own the 4th of July

If Demos are not allowed to speak then what is a democracy.

We do own the 4th of July...

You Tards are all Nazi's now.....

And you should be treated as such.

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

More: RNC Giving Out Tickets To Trump’s Hijacked Fourth Of July Celebration

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?
Coming from the party that says everything American is about slavery.....I find this post quite ironic.........oh and BTW........go fuck yourself.

the republicans would of blew their testis and the females would of squirted milk from their breasts, that is how explosive they would of been.

They would of never got over it, they probably would of put on their whites, and strung Obama up after they tarred and feathered him.

Yet they applaud tramp. Wonders never cease.

the republicans would of blew their testis and the females would of squirted milk from their breasts, that is how explosive they would of been.

They would of never got over it, they probably would of put on their whites, and strung Obama up after they tarred and feathered him.

It would have been great! He woulda been da man, instead of da Obysmal-)

The problem I have about it is Trump is going to make the parade about him. If there was a parade that strictly celebrated and acknowledged the military, I’d be all for it.

---------------------------------- personal political rally --- I think that that is what you ASSUME eh Crep ??

He is going to give an address from the White House (which is when the brand new Sherman tanks will be on display).

I am willing to make a wager that address will mirror every campaign speech he has every given...

Yes, which one of the hundreds of tRymo verbal flubbs should I pick to counter the 57 states thing that you've just brought up for the 13,427th time?

Again you show your ignorance....

If Trump gives a speech from the top of a tank it will be a M1 Abrams...….

The problem I have about it is Trump is going to make the parade about him. If there was a parade that strictly celebrated and acknowledged the military, I’d be all for it.
Don't you get it yet ?? It's ALWAYS about him the POS

Yeah...............he's gonna make this all about himself. He's already shown that he doesn't know much about the military hardware we actually do have. For some strange reason he seems to think that Sherman tanks are brand new. Pay attention to the underlined part of the article.

Trump touts ‘brand new’ World War II-era tank display at Fourth of July celebration

I’m going to be here and I’m going to say a few words and we’re going to have planes going overhead ― the best fighter jets in the world, and other planes, too,” he told reporters. “And we’re going to have some tanks stationed outside."

Officials told The Washington Post, according to a story published earlier Monday, that the White House had requested Army vehicles for the celebration but that the service was scrambling to figure out what to send and how to get it to D.C.

“You’ve got to be pretty careful with the tanks, because the roads have a tendency not to like to carry heavy tanks," he said. “So we have to put them in certain areas, but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abram tanks."

The M4 Sherman, best known for its role in World War II, went out of service in 1957. The M1 Abrams came online in 1980.

Again you show your ignorance....

If Trump gives a speech from the top of a tank it will be a M1 Abrams...….
Lol, not according to tRump.

You really are a sick bi*ch. Nobody is applauding anything.

Yup, goodby republican party, hello banana republic party.

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

More: RNC Giving Out Tickets To Trump’s Hijacked Fourth Of July Celebration

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?
Someone should stick a flag pole up that POS trumps ass

wrong--because you have NO proof = your OP is crap/bullshit
more babbling crap from the left
you people put out so much crap/babbling that we can't take any of your crap seriously
IE Smollet/Covington/etc

pbo playing pocket pool on the 4th...

Obama warns Americans about too much patriotism - on July 4th weekend! - The American Mirror

obamaanthem.jpg

Barack Obama visited Indonesia this weekend, and in a series of appearances, attacked love of country and the policies of Donald Trump.

The Guardian reports:

The former US president said some countries had adopted “an aggressive kind of nationalism” and “increased resentment of minority groups”, in a speech in Indonesia on Saturday that could be seen as a commentary on the US as well as Indonesia.

“It’s been clear for a while that the world is at a crossroads. At an inflection point,” Obama said, telling a Jakarta crowd stories of how much the capital had improved since he lived there as a child.

“If we don’t stand up for tolerance and moderation and respect for others, if we begin to doubt ourselves and all that we have accomplished, then much of the progress that we have made will not continue,” he said.

“What we will see is more and more people arguing against democracy, we will see more and more people who are looking to restrict freedom of the press, and we’ll see more intolerance, more tribal divisions, more ethnic divisions, and religious divisions and more violence,” Obama asserted.

Forum List

Back