jury awards black 8.25 million

Yep you’re replying to posts and you have no clue what you’re replying to. What I figured.
or maybe you havent made a good enough argument,,,

these cops cuffed a women and her children for no reason other than egos in violation of their oaths,,

of course I would rather see them punished than the women made into a millionaire but thats not my call,,

If the police are searching three women while looking for a man, the problem is bigger than not showing one's I.D.

You gotta love when leftists know what a woman is when it supports their narrative and no clue when it doesn’t.

were they stopped for a traffic violation?? thats right they werent so a DL is irrelevant,,
You still didn't answer any of my questions. Personally, I often (always if the guy is intrusive) answer questions with questions, so I can see what you are doing, but this was supposed to be a discussion and you aren't discussing.

Unfun, unproductive.

You still didn't answer any of my questions. Personally, I often (always if the guy is intrusive) answer questions with questions, so I can see what you are doing, but this was supposed to be a discussion and you aren't discussing.

Unfun, unproductive.
your surrender is accepted,,

You surprise me, pknopp ---- I always was told we are required to show our drivers licenses to police. Isn't that right, people? Isn't that what they are FOR? What if you got stopped for speeding and drunk driving and refused to show your drivers' license? Would that be right or wrong?

Surprise you? No idea why. In the case of speeding or drunk driving the cops would present a valid probable cause for you to give them your license.

Well, thank you!! At least SOMEONE (I'm looking at you, prog hunter!) around here is able to answer a simple question!

Okay, I am not entirely out of step with you on this ---- while I personally WOULD let police officers see my license on pretty much any occasion, I am taking a stand against letting doctors have it (some of them want to scan it!! Really. Identity Theft City, sheeeesh), or anyone else at all. This demand is spreading, and it shouldn't. They don't get my social security number, either. Or anyone else except the government officials that say they need it.
California is not a stop and ID state. The LEOs in this case had no cause to detain these women just because they wouldn’t show ID. The only person they might have had a case against is whoever was driving the car so long as the LEO saw them driving and commit some moving violation. Then and only then would they be in the right to require the driver and driver alone to produce a drivers license. LEO compounded the problem bu conducting an illegal search of their car and phones.

Surprise you? No idea why. In the case of speeding or drunk driving the cops would present a valid probable cause for you to give them your license.
You are saying, I think, that police can't ask for your license unless they have "probable cause," which they are also supposed to have for stopping you in the first place.

I'd love to know what the actual law is on this interesting issue. I may look it up on the new AI at Bing.

or maybe you havent made a good enough argument,,,

these cops cuffed a women and her children for no reason other than egos in violation of their oaths,,

of course I would rather see them punished than the women made into a millionaire but thats not my call,,
Go back read what I wrote and then make an intelligent argument against what I actually said.

California is not a stop and ID state. The LEOs in this case had no cause to detain these women just because they wouldn’t show ID. The only person they might have had a case against is whoever was driving the car so long as the LEO saw them driving and commit some moving violation. Then and only then would they be in the right to require the driver and driver alone to produce a drivers license. LEO compounded the problem bu conducting an illegal search of their car and phones.
Ahhhh --- so states differ in whether citizens are supposed to show ID on any stop. I need to research all this.

Well, these awful women made $8 million doing this, so there's no use feeling sorry for these swindlers, anyway, IMO.

Thanx.

You are saying, I think, that police can't ask for your license unless they have "probable cause," which they are also supposed to have for stopping you in the first place.

I'd love to know what the actual law is on this interesting issue. I may look it up on the new AI at Bing.

They can ask. You are not required to provide it without a valid reason.

once again we have proof that leftist only care about the constitution is when it fits their political narrative,,

this thread is riddled with examples,,

did you sue them?? if not thats on you,,

what I wonder is why you arent standing up for the constitution and our rights it protects,,
First of all I apologize to you for you using rough language in your presence. Because you are a nice person

I was really fired up. When I was 18 years old I was pulled over by a black police officer. I’m a white man by the way and I don’t think that black cops are out to get me. I don’t think that black folks are out to get me. But unfortunately some BLM supporters have the reverse views they think the white man is out to get them.

I had a bong in my car. I was not in any mind set of suing a police officer back in those days this was over 15 years ago. So I mouthed off to the cops “what about my rights what about my constitutional rights.” I was brought up to believe that police officers are our allies and we submit to law enforcement but I was a young kid I didn’t know any better. If I was acting in a dignified manner I don’t think I would’ve had to go to jail. I was going the wrong way down a one-way but I was not inebriated or high. Just made a mistake going down the wrong street.

I had to spend a night in the Erie county holding center with about 40 other men crackheads all sorts of gangbangers but I learned a lot and I actually talked with a lot of people who were sitting there in the jail with me and I made some good conversations with them learning about their issues. About three months later at a St. Patrick’s Day parade I saw that black police officer and I shook his hand and we had a great conversation. My cousin is a police officer as well and they have to deal with horrible things. So if they pull somebody over and someone is mouthing off to them or somebody is not abiding by what the police officer says that’s wrong.

So I stand by the policemen and the police woman of our country these men there black they’re white their men their women they’re out there every single day risking their lives and they are working in a country where so many politicians have turned their backs on the police …the same politicians who get millions of dollars for doing this. Black Lives Matter turns there backs on black police officers.

I read the AOL article it was lacking information. It wasn’t good enough. I’m so proud to say I stand by the police and I’m so proud that they have police unions that protect the police officers ….I proudly stand by police unions.

Last edited:
First of all I apologize to you for you using rough language in your presence. Because you are a nice person

I was really fired up. When I was 18 years old I was pulled over by a black police officer. I’m a white man by the way and I don’t think that black cops are out to get me. I don’t think that black folks are out to get me. But unfortunately some BLM supporters have the reverse views they think the white man is out to get them.

I had a bong in my car. I was not in any mind set of suing a police officer back in those days this was over 15 years ago. So I mouthed off to the cops “what about my rights what about my constitutional rights.” I was brought up to believe that police officers are our allies and we submit to law enforcement but I was a young kid I didn’t know any better. If I was acting in a dignified manner I don’t think I would’ve had to go to jail. I was going the wrong way down a one-way but I was not inebriated or high. Just made a mistake going down the wrong street.

I had to spend a night in the Erie county holding center with about 40 other men crackheads all sorts of gangbangers but I learned a lot and I actually talked with a lot of people who were sitting there in the jail with me and I made some good conversations with them learning about their issues. About three months later at a St. Patrick’s Day parade I saw that black police officer and I shook his hand and we had a great conversation. My cousin is a police officer as well and they have to deal with horrible things. So if they pull somebody over and someone is mouthing off to them or somebody is not abiding by what the police officer says zzzthat’s wrong.

So I stand by the policemen and the police woman of our country these men there black they’re white their men their women they’re out there every single day risking their lives and they are working in a country where so many politicians have turned their backs on the police …the same politicians who get millions of dollars for doing this. Black Lives Matter turns there backs on black police officers.

I read the AOL article it was lacking information. It wasn’t good enough. I’m so proud to say I stand by the police and I’m so proud that they have police unions that protect the police officers ….I proudly stand by police unions.
so you stand by police that blatantly violate their oaths of office,,,
says more about you than them,,,

A new precedent has been set.
Like the poster above said......reparations...one way or another......right or wrong.

"All that is required for evil men to prevail is for you to do nothing"

btw...Lawyers will get at least half of that award. Jack Pot !!!!!
Usually, they get about 1/3.

I had to spend a night in the Erie county holding center with about 40 other men crackheads all sorts of gangbangers but I learned a lot and I actually talked with a lot of people who were sitting there in the jail with me and I made some good conversations with them learning about their issues. About three months later at a St. Patrick’s Day parade I saw that black police officer and I shook his hand and we had a great conversation. My cousin is a police officer as well and they have to deal with horrible things. So if they pull somebody over and someone is mouthing off to them or somebody is not abiding by what the police officer says zzzthat’s wrong.

You did something illegal. These women simply went to Starbucks.

You did something illegal. These women simply went to Starbucks.
Marijuana has been decriminalized for a long time in New York State. I went to jail for mouthing off to a police officer and saying what about my constitutional rights. Brother don’t go by these anti-American articles. Don’t go by three paragraph articles. You’re on the wrong side of history morally speaking. Two sentences is your response to that huge post of mine.

Nobody in our country should ever get $8 million just because they had to be handcuffed for a few minutes or detained for 30 minutes. It’s the mark of insanity. going by the article we have no idea what the people who were arrested said to the officer if they mouthed off if they were talking back , if they were screaming at the police. People have to abide by law enforcement in this country.

I am a speed demon especially on the interstates. Usually when caught, I will fumble for my driver ID card, and pull out my military ID first. If they comment on it then its all good. Sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't.

I have passes for a couple of bases on my car window. I don't get pulled over but maybe once every 10 years, usually for brake lights or expired tags, so I don't know if they do me any good or not. I'm sure a lot of officers give military personnel slack. Several I know do and they also cut school teachers some as well.

Forum List

Back