Jury Duty

Who's gonna report to Jury Duty now?

Why would anyone?

Bumping this since maybe the corruption of our "justice system" has set in now.

I got called a few years ago but the case was settled just before we were to enter selection.

If I get called again I won't hesitate to tell them what I think about our "justice" system from the top down.

And so many Americans think like me why would I trust any decision handed down by any juries anyway?

I looked up some info on Jury Duty and laughed out loud at this. I mean it right out loud:

CONCLUSION​

Jury duty is a crucial part of the legal process. Citizens are chosen from official records and summoned to serve in court. They play a vital role in ensuring justice and exercising the community's conscience.

Their service involves important responsibilities, which require them to follow specific procedures and guidelines during their time on the jury.

I got called a few years ago but the case was settled just before we were to enter selection.

If I get called again I won't hesitate to tell them what I think about our "justice" system from the top down.

And so many Americans think like me why would I trust any decision handed down by any juries anyway?

I looked up some info on Jury Duty and laughed out loud at this. I mean it right out loud:

CONCLUSION​

Jury duty is a crucial part of the legal process. Citizens are chosen from official records and summoned to serve in court. They play a vital role in ensuring justice and exercising the community's conscience.

Their service involves important responsibilities, which require them to follow specific procedures and guidelines during their time on the jury.

Conclusion Drunk Sue.
You are to report to your 'Teaching' Duty in 3 hours from now, YET

YET you are STILL posting on USMB.
Why?

Go to bed.
You have a job in 3 hours from now.

Or Not.

Are you always hyperbolic or just here?

What do you suppose would happen if the names of the 12 jurors in the Trump case were made public?

Do you think they would be harassed? maybe get some death threats?

What do you suppose would happen if the names of the 12 jurors in the Trump case were made public?

Do you think they would be harassed? maybe get some death threats?

We are talking about Jury Duty in general, not "the Trump jury". I wouldn't serve on a Trump jury; he has never lived in my state.

And I am talking about why people would not do it.

People will not do it because the trust in our criminal justice system is at 17% as of last July. Now it has to be below 10%. People have seen what the "courts" are used for. Won't catch me wasting my time.

Who's gonna report to Jury Duty now?

Why would anyone?
I believe in our jury system. In general.

But in a political show trial like what Trump was just subjected to in a deep blue wasteland like NY County, the imperfections of that system are abundantly clear.

I believe in our jury system. In general.

But in a political show trial like what Trump was just subjected to in a deep blue wasteland like NY County, the imperfections of that system are abundantly clear.

If you're talking about "the system" as founded by the originals, I agree. If you're talking about what's allowed here in the 21st century, I do not. Too much corruption.

The liberals, of course, love it--until they no longer hold the levers of power.

People will not do it because the trust in our criminal justice system is at 17% as of last July. Now it has to be below 10%. People have seen what the "courts" are used for. Won't catch me wasting my time.
If you don't show up for your jury summons in Texas you might get $1,000 fine and three days in jail.
Just go and be a complete Karen, that should keep you from being picked.

Forum List

Back