Just Don't Call It Marriage!

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
How many times have we all heard the line "you can have the same benefits, just don't call it marriage"? I've heard it more times than the sky has stars. "Don't call it marriage and I'm fine with it" they say. Riiiggghhhtt...

Wyoming House Defeats Domestic Partnership

The Republican-controlled Wyoming House of Representatives killed legislation Wednesday night that would have allowed domestic partnerships.​

Explain.

Last edited:
How many times have we all heard the line "you can have the same benefits, just don't call it marriage"? I've heard it more times than the sky has stars. "Don't call it marriage and I'm fine with it" they say. Riiiggghhhtt...

The Republican-controlled Wyoming House of Representatives killed legislation Wednesday night that would have allowed domestic partnerships.​

Explain.

Have you ever looked at the political demographics of Wyoming?

Explain.
Define domestic partnerships.

My guess is that they've wormed something into the wording of the proposed legislation that represents a threat. The article says it's about health insurance cost increases.

Isn't it great to have the insurance companies dictate policy and morality for the entire country? Enjoy.

Last edited:
Call it gay marriage, call it civil unions, call it family units.. get government out of it except for governmental matters of taxation, inheritance, power of attorney, etc and let people call it whatever they want.. and let other people refuse to accept the term all they want.. THAT is about freedom...

My guess is that they've wormed something into the wording of the proposed legislation that represents a threat.

A threat to what? It's not called marriage. I've heard time and again that we would be granted all the same rights and benefits...as long as it's not called marriage.

That is, as we have known for a while, just a big fat right wing lie. It's not about the name, it IS about the equality. The bigots don't care what it's called, they just don't want "they gheys" to have it.

They just cant survive without someone to hate on.

another ten years will see most of these people on their merry way to gods arms as they believe.

Then we will no longer have to be harmed by them as a people.

I hope these voters a happy last few years of life and a peaceful passing but I have to admitt I wont miss their hate of theor fellow Americans for silly reasons like who they love.

Explain.

Have you ever looked at the political demographics of Wyoming?

Wyoming...?

you mean where the men are men... and the sheep are nervous...?

:)

My guess is that they've wormed something into the wording of the proposed legislation that represents a threat. The article says it's about health insurance cost increases.

Isn't it great to have the insurance companies dictate policy and morality for the entire country? Enjoy.

Very good point

Forum List

Back