Just Don't Call It Marriage!

My guess is that they've wormed something into the wording of the proposed legislation that represents a threat. The article says it's about health insurance cost increases.

Isn't it great to have the insurance companies dictate policy and morality for the entire country? Enjoy.

Very good point

Making me pay more for health insurance is not a valid reason to keep me from equal protections. Very BAD point.

Gay marriage does NOT affect the economy. We had a great economy for over 200 years without gay marriage.

How many times have we all heard the line "you can have the same benefits, just don't call it marriage"? I've heard it more times than the sky has stars. "Don't call it marriage and I'm fine with it" they say. Riiiggghhhtt...

Wyoming House Defeats Domestic Partnership

The Republican-controlled Wyoming House of Representatives killed legislation Wednesday night that would have allowed domestic partnerships.​

Explain.

Have you ever looked at the political demographics of Wyoming?

Wyoming...?

you mean where the men are men... and the sheep are nervous...?

:)
Where they sell Mint KY jelly at the grocery store AND the drug store.

How many times have we all heard the line "you can have the same benefits, just don't call it marriage"? I've heard it more times than the sky has stars. "Don't call it marriage and I'm fine with it" they say. Riiiggghhhtt...

Wyoming House Defeats Domestic Partnership

The Republican-controlled Wyoming House of Representatives killed legislation Wednesday night that would have allowed domestic partnerships.​

Explain.

Have you ever looked at the political demographics of Wyoming?

matthew_shepard_elton_john_erase_hate_judy_shephard_foundation.jpg

MatthewShepard2.jpg

Gotta love how reducing government interference, involvement, etc is unrealistic.. but adding more government is as realistic as it gets :rolleyes:

I think you make a great point, and Id love to get government out of marriage. But, most people really enjoy all the government benefits they get for being married so I don't see a divorce from government anytime soon.

Gay marriage does NOT affect the economy. We had a great economy for over 200 years without gay marriage.

And we had a perfectly fine economy before the 90's tech boom, but no one would suggest that boom didnt effect the economy.:rolleyes:

Something preventing gays from having a ceremony, reception, etc? Buying a house? Doing the other thing 'married' couples do??

Nope...

The ONLY thing it effects economically is the purchase of the marriage license, divorce papers, ect from THE GOVERNMENT... Gay marriage does NOTHING to the economy

And we had a perfectly fine economy before the 90's tech boom, but no one would suggest that boom didnt effect the economy.:rolleyes:

Something preventing gays from having a ceremony, reception, etc? Buying a house? Doing the other thing 'married' couples do??

Nope...

The ONLY thing it effects economically is the purchase of the marriage license, divorce papers, ect from THE GOVERNMENT... Gay marriage does NOTHING to the economy

What's prevents straight couples from doing all those things without the legally binding license?

Nope...

What's prevents straight couples from doing all those things without the legally binding license?

Nothing at all

Like filing joint tax returns, and collecting Social Security survivor's benefts.

Yep...

So letting married people file a joint tax return has no effect on the economy, eh? Then why does the government allow it?

I don't like negro men marrying the white womenfolk. Call that anything but "marriage".

Forum List

Back