Just one question:

In the years that went by while Biden had those papers no one in the Government cared but they cared about Trump having those documents.

In the end if Biden is excused means the DOJ will not have a case against Trump.
they dont have one now and the proof is he hasnt been arrested,,

In the years that went by while Biden had those papers no one in the Government cared but they cared about Trump having those documents.

In the end if Biden is excused means the DOJ will not have a case against Trump.
You just said they were not the same.

The point is there are procedures to declassify documents. The Trump faithful are pretending Trump can literally wave his hand and declassify stuff. Completely silly. But if you contend he can, as stated many times above, why cant Biden do the same thing, with both hands and the lefties can pretend the other hand made it retroactive. I am not saying Biden can, I am just pointing out the silliness of the Trump faithful.
I never stated anything like that and yet you have accused me of doing it.

You just said they were not the same.
Trump was President when he took the documents and Biden was not.

You keep on acting like when Biden took those papers he was President and it has been pointed out many times.

So you do understand that right?

Also if Trump is guilty then so is Biden and if Biden is innocent then so us Trump.

You know, a lot of people are making the mistaken assumption that Biden wasn't allowed access to those documents because he was VP. Hate to tell you, but he could have been granted access to those documents by virtue of what he was working on by a relevant authority (Obama when he was president).

I know that I was given access to hold and store classified documents while I was doing independent duty on an MSC vessel, because I had to receive and hold Navy Wide Advancement Exams. While most of them are considered sensitive, some of them (depending on the rating) are considered classified (comes with a different colored wrapper than standard exams which are blue). And, not only that, but I had to get special permission from BUPERS (Bureau of Naval Personnel) itself to keep and store them as an E-6, since they are only authorized to be in the possession of a Chief (E-7) or better under normal circumstances. But, it wasn't normal circumstances since I was filling a Chief billet on independent duty due to my proficiency in my rate and the fact that I was fully qualified for the job. (MSC ships by the way are a billet that most Sailors can only hope for. They have 2 man staterooms with a head in them and you don't stand in a chow line. You order off a menu and ship stewards bring you your meal on a real plate!)

Trump was President when he took the documents and Biden was not.

You keep on acting like when Biden took those papers he was President and it has been pointed out many times.

So you do understand that right?

Also if Trump is guilty then so is Biden and if Biden is innocent then so us Trump.
Ok, that is what I have been trying to say.

You know, a lot of people are making the mistaken assumption that Biden wasn't allowed access to those documents because he was VP. Hate to tell you, but he could have been granted access to those documents by virtue of what he was working on by a relevant authority (Obama when he was president).

I know that I was given access to hold and store classified documents while I was doing independent duty on an MSC vessel, because I had to receive and hold Navy Wide Advancement Exams. While most of them are considered sensitive, some of them (depending on the rating) are considered classified (comes with a different colored wrapper than standard exams which are blue). And, not only that, but I had to get special permission from BUPERS (Bureau of Naval Personnel) itself to keep and store them as an E-6, since they are only authorized to be in the possession of a Chief (E-7) or better under normal circumstances. But, it wasn't normal circumstances since I was filling a Chief billet on independent duty due to my proficiency in my rate and the fact that I was fully qualified for the job. (MSC ships by the way are a billet that most Sailors can only hope for. They have 2 man staterooms with a head in them and you don't stand in a chow line. You order off a menu and ship stewards bring you your meal on a real plate!)
if he was granted them he would have already produced proof of that and not made the statement he did,,

nice try but its time to go back to drinking and leave the adults to discuss the important stuff,,

He had access but was not allow to keep them which you dodged that fact!

Tell me what authority did he have to keep those documents all these years?

No one said he wasn't allowed to have them when he was VP but you are trying to change the subject to something else and you know it!

Now you are playing games troll!

You directed that remark to me a few times troll, so yes you did accused me a few times and now want to play stupid!
I read it again, just to make sure. Perhaps you are a bit too sensitive. If I offended you I am terribly sorry. Snowflake.

I read it again, just to make sure. Perhaps you are a bit too sensitive. If I offender I am terribly sorry. Snowflake.
Go fuck yourself troll!

You damn well know you have been dodging the reality that Bideb has no authority to keep those documents and you accused me of saying Trump can wave a magic wand, so fuck off troll!

Isn’t it funny the two on the far left have made the claim Biden had the right to those documents or was granted the right but they offered no evidence at all to support that view.

Also what is forgotten is Biden took the documents and kept them this many years when he never had the authority to keep them.

If Trump is guilty so is Biden.

Biden blew up the DOJ investigation and that is why Garland went outside the DOJ to have someone to investigate the issue.

Go fuck yourself troll!

You damn well know you have been dodging the reality that Bideb has no authority to keep those documents and you accused me of saying Trump can wave a magic wand, so fuck off troll!
Triggered huh?

He had access but was not allow to keep them which you dodged that fact!

Tell me what authority did he have to keep those documents all these years?

No one said he wasn't allowed to have them when he was VP but you are trying to change the subject to something else and you know it!

Guess you missed the part where I said I had to "hold and store" them, didn't ya? And there were only 3 people on the entire ship that were allowed to be in the office when I was processing them, the OIC of the MILDET, and the Chief, but that was only while I was awaiting approval from BUPERS to handle them by myself (still had to have an E-7 or higher until I was granted access). But, after BUPERS sent me the authorization, I was allowed to handle them all by myself. That meant storing, handling and processing them. And yeah, if I had a dream of spending my time in Leavenworth, it could have been very easily realized by not handling them properly. But, I liked my career and liked filling an E-7 billet as an E-6 (positional authority is a neat thing to have). Did so well on that tour, that I was offered another Chief billet (also independent duty) as my follow up tour at a MEPS, then I retired.

As far as having the authority to keep those documents after he'd done what was needed? None. Yes, I will say that he was sloppy and mishandled those documents. If I had kept any part of the exams (especially the classified ones) after I finished processing them, I would have lost my career and been sent to Levenworth to finish out my enlistment and kicked out with no retirement. Yes, I understand VERY well the procedures required for handling classified information. But, here I am, happily retired and satisfied knowing I had an excellent career.

Guess you missed the part where I said I had to "hold and store" them, didn't ya? And there were only 3 people on the entire ship that were allowed to be in the office when I was processing them, the OIC of the MILDET, and the Chief, but that was only while I was awaiting approval from BUPERS to handle them by myself (still had to have an E-7 or higher until I was granted access). But, after BUPERS sent me the authorization, I was allowed to handle them all by myself. That meant storing, handling and processing them. And yeah, if I had a dream of spending my time in Leavenworth, it could have been very easily realized by not handling them properly. But, I liked my career and liked filling an E-7 billet as an E-6 (positional authority is a neat thing to have). Did so well on that tour, that I was offered another Chief billet (also independent duty) as my follow up tour at a MEPS, then I retired.

As far as having the authority to keep those documents after he'd done what was needed? None. Yes, I will say that he was sloppy and mishandled those documents. If I had kept any part of the exams (especially the classified ones) after I finished processing them, I would have lost my career and been sent to Levenworth to finish out my enlistment and kicked out with no retirement. Yes, I understand VERY well the procedures required for handling classified information. But, here I am, happily retired and satisfied knowing I had an excellent career.
were you still employed by the same people while you had them??
biden wasnt,,

Again, Biden had no authority to keep those documents and by doing so if he is found innocent then so is Trump.

Biden may have had the authority granted to him by Obama when Biden was VP but that authority was revoked when he left office.

I was trying to explain this to another prior service member the last few days who is a Trump faithful. I witnessed a fellow Marine leave classified material on his desk and go to the head. By the time he got back he was in deep dodo. Lost a stripe, and went to the brig and was not allowed to reenlist. The other service member was telling me mishandled classified material might get one yelled at, but no real repercussions. There are simply two realities out there. I am no longer sure which one is real.

were you still employed by the same people while you had them??
biden wasnt,,

Yeah, I was "still employed by the same people" (at the same command) while I had them, but, if I wanted to be stupid or grossly negligent, I could have "misplaced" or "lost" some exam material. But, like I said, wasn't about to do that as I really liked my career and wanted to get at least 20 so I could retire. Mishandling or misplacing any of those exams (or any of the other documents I had to handle on a regular basis) wasn't in the cards, since I wasn't stupid enough to make mistakes and was VERY careful to follow all procedures required. I liked where I was at and what I was doing the second half of my career (we won't talk about what a soup sandwich I was for the first 4 years).

Forum List

Back