Just to remove a statue

Why are you a racist and a traitor?
I'm not a white confederate. Wrong person
That's not a requirement. You are clearly a racist. Besides, according this latest stupid from you, since there are no white Confederates that must mean their are no racists. LOL.
Your logic is as bad as your spelling. Its "there" not "their" White confederates not only still exist but they are just a subset of racists.
while we are grammar nazi'ing, it would also be "it's" not "its" in this instance. not to mention missing a period after "their".
I have no respect for the english language. Tell that to someone who professes to love the english language. I only use it out of necessity.
you're the dick-monger correcting people's English, incorrectly.

I'm not a white confederate. Wrong person
That's not a requirement. You are clearly a racist. Besides, according this latest stupid from you, since there are no white Confederates that must mean their are no racists. LOL.
Your logic is as bad as your spelling. Its "there" not "their" White confederates not only still exist but they are just a subset of racists.
while we are grammar nazi'ing, it would also be "it's" not "its" in this instance. not to mention missing a period after "their".
I have no respect for the english language. Tell that to someone who professes to love the english language. I only use it out of necessity.
You must be illiterate as well. "Their" is possessive. The correct usage would be "there". Just because I lack respect for it doesnt mean I dont know it better than you.

You must be illiterate as well. "Their" is possessive. The correct usage would be "there". Just because I lack respect for it doesnt mean I dont know it better than you.
then you're now making shit up because i didn't say "their" or "there" other than to correct your missing a period after YOUR "there".

let me type slowly:

you:
Your logic is as bad as your spelling. Its (should be it's) "there" (comma missing) not "their" (period missing) White confederates not only still exist (comma missing) but they are just a subset of racists.

all i did was tell you where you missed a period in this instance, i was not using the any form of the word or phrase in any other way other than to alert YOU to YOUR missing a period at the end of a sentence.

3rd grade called. they have revoked your diploma.

i'll not get into your double negative in your last post.

But you don't know the difference in "its" and "it's" though? LOL!. Listen dude you made a typo just like I did, but you like to point it out as meaning "something bad" while your racist liberal hide makes the same simple mistake and ignores it. That is a typical regressive liberal.

But you don't know the difference in "its" and "it's" though? LOL!. Listen dude you made a typo just like I did, but you like to point it out as meaning "something bad" while your racist liberal hide makes the same simple mistake and ignores it. That is a typical regressive liberal.
he's correcting his own corrections.

quite funny and remotely entertaining, but still, he's just being a troll-dick.

Removal of statues is a local decision. The people of Dallas voted to have the statue removed.

It's no one else's business.

Removal of statues is a local decision. The people of Dallas voted to have the statue removed.

It's everyones business because where will cry baby lib scum stop?

the people did not. the city council did.

i would rather see the people vote on this and not have a council of 12 react to an angry mob of hundreds while thousands are against this removal. the "vocal crowd" shouldn't be allowed to run roughshod and make these decisions for everyone.

Who elected the city council?

I recall when the tables were turned, no pseudocons had a problem with the response from Republican politicians that flying the Confederate flag was "a local issue."

i would rather see the people vote on this and not have a council of 12 react to an angry mob of hundreds while thousands are against this removal. the "vocal crowd" shouldn't be allowed to run roughshod and make these decisions for everyone.

City councils are elected. By the residents. Once that happens they're supposed to do their job, which includes that city's own public spaces and how they're used.

The greater point is that some fascist from Toledo or wherever doesn't get to drive his Dodge Challenger to Dallas and dictate what Dallas can do with its own public spaces. The city council is juuuuuuuuuuuust a bit more qualified to do that.

City councils are elected. By the residents. Once that happens they're supposed to do their job, which includes that city's own public spaces and how they're used.

The greater point is that some fascist from Toledo or wherever doesn't get to drive his Dodge Challenger to Dallas and dictate what Dallas can do with its own public spaces. The city council is juuuuuuuuuuuust a bit more qualified to do that.
well look here - you don't seem to agree with what i said, so you choose to imply that when i said the people need to have a vote on this and not let ANY GROUP RUN ROUGHSHOD on issues like this to mean i'm ok with vehicular manslaughter.

the greater point is that a bunch of assholes with nothing better to do can't go cry THAT'S RACIST and demand change for their singular point of view, excluding the rest of the population who may have zero issue with the statue but hate this "erasing" of history going on.

and city councils work to shut out noise just as often as carry out the will of the people.

so - let's leave the extremes where they belong, shall we?

well look here - you don't seem to agree with what i said, so you choose to imply that when i said the people need to have a vote on this and not let ANY GROUP RUN ROUGHSHOD on issues like this to mean i'm ok with vehicular manslaughter.

the greater point is that a bunch of assholes with nothing better to do can't go cry THAT'S RACIST and demand change for their singular point of view, excluding the rest of the population who may have zero issue with the statue but hate this "erasing" of history going on.

and city councils work to shut out noise just as often as carry out the will of the people.

No, the greater point is that said city councils --- in Dallas, New Orleans, Charlottesville, Gainesville, and myriad other places --- started examining the propriety of their own spaces being used for revisionist-Confederate propaganda, right after Nikki Haley and the South Carolina state legislature reacted to Dylann Roof and his retarded little "race war" by eliminating one such symbol from their own state house. Immediately after that was when this misuse of public and government property was first reviewed, and that was over two years ago.

It has nothing, and can have nothing, to do with "erasing any history" unless you want to consider the UDC and the whole Lost Cause revisionist movement that put them there. That's already history. It does have to do with municipalities finally deciding some fringe group of revisionists can't just use public/government space to push a propaganda point. And it took a damn long time.

So --- let's acknowledge what's really been going on all this time, shall we?

>> ...And it immediately begs the questions: why there are no slave ship monuments, no prominent markers on public land to remember the lynchings or the slave blocks; nothing to remember this long chapter of our lives; the pain, the sacrifice, the shame—all of it happening on the soil of New Orleans.

So for those self-appointed defenders of history and the monuments, they are eerily silent on what amounts to this historical malfeasance, a lie by omission. There is a difference between remembrance of history and reverence of it.

For America and New Orleans, it has been a long, winding road, marked by great tragedy and great triumph. But we cannot be afraid of our truth.

As President George W. Bush said at the dedication ceremony for the National Museum of African American History & Culture, “A great nation does not hide its history. It faces its flaws and corrects them.”

.... So, let’s start with the facts. The historic record is clear. The Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, and P.G.T. Beauregard statues were not erected just to honor these men, but as part of the movement which became known as The Cult of the Lost Cause. This ‘cult’ had one goal—through monuments and through other means—to rewrite history to hide the truth, which is that the Confederacy was on the wrong side of humanity.

First erected over 166 years after the founding of our city and 19 years after the end of the Civil War, the monuments that we took down were meant to rebrand the history of our city and the ideals of a defeated Confederacy.

..... These statues are not just stone and metal. They are not just innocent remembrances of a benign history. These monuments purposefully celebrate a fictional, sanitized Confederacy; ignoring the death, ignoring the enslavement, and the terror that it actually stood for.

After the Civil War, these statues were a part of that terrorism as much as a burning cross on someone’s lawn; they were erected purposefully to send a strong message to all who walked in their shadows about who was still in charge in this city.

.... We have not erased history; we are becoming part of the city’s history by righting the wrong image these monuments represent and crafting a better, more complete future for all our children and for future generations. And unlike when these Confederate monuments were first erected as symbols of white supremacy, we now have a chance to create not only new symbols, but to do it together, as one people.

... After decades of public debate, of anger, of anxiety, of anticipation, of humiliation and of frustration. After public hearings and approvals from three separate community led commissions. After two robust public hearings and a 6-1 vote by the duly elected New Orleans City Council... After review by 13 different federal and state judges. The full weight of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government has been brought to bear and the monuments in accordance with the law have been removed.

So now is the time to come together and heal and focus on our larger task. Not only building new symbols, but making this city a beautiful manifestation of what is possible and what we as a people can become." --- Remarks of Mayor Mitch Landrieu (New Orleans) several months ago on the city's removal of four monuments, the first of which was a tribute to a riot started by a white supremacist group called the White League.

Last edited:
Well the confederates killed 500,000 US troops. That doesn't seem to bother you.

Go play in traffic. All of the sudden this year you left wing bozos go into meltdown mode over statues that have been there for years. Shove it. Its nothing more than hyperbole racial politics.

And you don't have to repeat history I am more than familiar with. Besides the north for the most part did not go to war to abolish slavery, but to preserve the Union.
But the south did go to war to preserve slavery. You support enslaving people.

Europeans killed millions of natives too and destroyed most of their culture. Does that mean I support genocide?
Do you fight for a statue of the eruopeans that killed them? If so yes you support genocide.

I can't think of a statue worth fighting over. I'd vote to relocate the confederate generals to museums and Civil War parks. I'm not going to riot over them either way. I care even less about European statues.

No, the greater point is that said city councils --- in Dallas, New Orleans, Charlottesville, Gainesville, and myriad other places --- started examining the propriety of their own spaces being used for revisionist-Confederate propaganda, right after Nikki Haley and the South Carolina state legislature reacted to Dylann Roof and his retarded little "race war" by eliminating one such symbol from their own state house. Immediately after that was when this misuse of public and government property was first reviewed, and that was over two years ago.

It has nothing, and can have nothing, to do with "erasing any history" unless you want to consider the UDC and the whole Lost Cause revisionist movement that put them there. That's already history. It does have to do with municipalities finally deciding some fringe group of revisionists can't just use public/government space to push a propaganda point. And it took a damn long time.

>> ...And it immediately begs the questions: why there are no slave ship monuments, no prominent markers on public land to remember the lynchings or the slave blocks; nothing to remember this long chapter of our lives; the pain, the sacrifice, the shame—all of it happening on the soil of New Orleans.

So for those self-appointed defenders of history and the monuments, they are eerily silent on what amounts to this historical malfeasance, a lie by omission. There is a difference between remembrance of history and reverence of it.

For America and New Orleans, it has been a long, winding road, marked by great tragedy and great triumph. But we cannot be afraid of our truth.

As President George W. Bush said at the dedication ceremony for the National Museum of African American History & Culture, “A great nation does not hide its history. It faces its flaws and corrects them.”

.... So, let’s start with the facts. The historic record is clear. The Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, and P.G.T. Beauregard statues were not erected just to honor these men, but as part of the movement which became known as The Cult of the Lost Cause. This ‘cult’ had one goal—through monuments and through other means—to rewrite history to hide the truth, which is that the Confederacy was on the wrong side of humanity.

First erected over 166 years after the founding of our city and 19 years after the end of the Civil War, the monuments that we took down were meant to rebrand the history of our city and the ideals of a defeated Confederacy.

..... These statues are not just stone and metal. They are not just innocent remembrances of a benign history. These monuments purposefully celebrate a fictional, sanitized Confederacy; ignoring the death, ignoring the enslavement, and the terror that it actually stood for.

After the Civil War, these statues were a part of that terrorism as much as a burning cross on someone’s lawn; they were erected purposefully to send a strong message to all who walked in their shadows about who was still in charge in this city.

.... We have not erased history; we are becoming part of the city’s history by righting the wrong image these monuments represent and crafting a better, more complete future for all our children and for future generations. And unlike when these Confederate monuments were first erected as symbols of white supremacy, we now have a chance to create not only new symbols, but to do it together, as one people.

... After decades of public debate, of anger, of anxiety, of anticipation, of humiliation and of frustration. After public hearings and approvals from three separate community led commissions. After two robust public hearings and a 6-1 vote by the duly elected New Orleans City Council... After review by 13 different federal and state judges. The full weight of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government has been brought to bear and the monuments in accordance with the law have been removed.

So now is the time to come together and heal and focus on our larger task. Not only building new symbols, but making this city a beautiful manifestation of what is possible and what we as a people can become." --- Remarks of Mayor Mitch Landrieu (New Orleans) several months ago on the city's removal of four monuments, the first of which was a tribute to a riot started by a white supremacist group called the White League.
started examining the propriety of their own spaces being used for revisionist-Confederate propaganda

i stopped there. revisionist is to change the story of the past. given these statues have been there for 100+ years w/o issue, who is doing revisionist crap?

also - what does ANY of this have to do with trying to portray an asshole driver in a challenger as a standard rep for those against the removal of history?

since you're trying to sell me a bucket of shit and not talk over this, i'm out.

have a nice day.

started examining the propriety of their own spaces being used for revisionist-Confederate propaganda

i stopped there. revisionist is to change the story of the past. given these statues have been there for 100+ years w/o issue, who is doing revisionist crap?

That would be the Lost Cause movement, starring the Daughters of the Confederacy.

I already explained this. So did Mitch Landrieu So does history Professor Karen Cox, here.

also - what does ANY of this have to do with trying to portray an asshole driver in a challenger as a standard rep for those against the removal of history?

No idea. Who said it did?

No idea what "rep" is supposed to mean but there's no "removal of history" involved here anyway.
Prove me wrong.

since you're trying to sell me a bucket of shit and not talk over this, i'm out.

have a nice day.

Suit yourself. When you come back the same history will still be there, getting dealt with however the municipalities having their spaces used choose to deal with it. You can run away if you like but those affected are finally facing it.

I'd vote for that guy, but I don't think the dems will nominate him. Nola is a bit unique in that it had an incredibly racially diverse history and well educated and well to do blacks. It took awhile for the US to do away with Spanish and French influences. and . Yet it's Jim Crow era was particularly ugly because initially the City was not gung-ho for such legally mandated segregation, and Plessy v. Ferguson actually arose from "liberals" attempts to moderate the laws. The segregationists came back with vengeance. But full segregation in housing wasn't "achieved" until shortly before the civil rights revolution. The whites dynamited levees to flood the lower 9th ward to avert one flood. Yet they put the blacks back in afterwards, and over a 1000 died in Katrina. Louis Armstrong opted to be buried elsewhere.

Some statues are inexorably tied to Jim Crow. They made a museum of Jeff Davis's house down here. Not that I'm planning a visit. LOL But history is just history, and the White Northern Founders not only accepted slavery but counted them as less than full humans. So, the blame thing eludes me. If someone can't see the difference in statues in Charlottesville it's a waste of my time. Hell, Leland Stanford acquiesced to killing over a thousand Chinese, and then sat by and let immigration be outlawed, and he's revered with his university statue. LOL

then you're now making shit up because i didn't say "their" or "there" other than to correct your missing a period after YOUR "there".

let me type slowly:

you:
Your logic is as bad as your spelling. Its (should be it's) "there" (comma missing) not "their" (period missing) White confederates not only still exist (comma missing) but they are just a subset of racists.

all i did was tell you where you missed a period in this instance, i was not using the any form of the word or phrase in any other way other than to alert YOU to YOUR missing a period at the end of a sentence.

3rd grade called. they have revoked your diploma.

i'll not get into your double negative in your last post.
Youre not to bright either you dingbat. I was referring to the maidens defense you came to.

Forum List

Back