Justice Scalia Thinks Black Students Belong In 'Slower-Track' Schools

quote-being-a-star-has-made-it-possible-for-me-to-get-insulted-in-places-where-the-average-negro-could-sammy-davis-jr-48054.jpg

Wow. How long ago did he say that? I'm going to guess, some time in the 70s.
Too bad it was yesterday.

That's impressive considering he died 25 years ago.

It's funny how libs always accuse cons of trying to turn back the clock or resisting change, while on Race you guys pretend like the last 50 years haven't happened.

Slappy Long Dong AKA Clarence Thomas says Boss man Scalia is correct that Thomas had no business going to law school ...Clarence Thomas agreed he suffered greatly from having to read big words and think...

It's funny to watch racists trying to rationalize their racism.

In a Sports related comment Scalia added that "Blacks don't have the cognitive wherewithal to play quarterback...."...they should play on the defensive line and grunt....

He made the comments during a major case about affirmative action at public universities.

WASHINGTON -- Do black students matter to Justice Antonin Scalia?

During oral arguments on Wednesday in Fisher v. University of Texas, a contentious affirmative action case, the conservative justice seemed to call their abilities into question.

"There are those who contend that it does not benefit African-Americans to get them into the University of Texas, where they do not do well," Scalia said, "as opposed to having them go to a less-advanced school ... a slower-track school where they do well."

Scalia was engaging former U.S. Solicitor General Gregory Garre, who is now representing the University of Texas at Austin as the school defends its ongoing consideration of race as one of many factors in its admissions program.

Pointing to a brief the court received before oral arguments, Scalia noted "most of the black scientists in this country don't come from schools like the University of Texas."

Garre tried to interject, but the justice continued. "They come from lesser schools where they do not feel that ... they're being pushed ahead in classes that are too fast for them," Scalia said.

More: Justice Scalia Thinks Black Students Belong In 'Slower-Track' Schools

This is really sad coming from a Supreme Court Justice - even from a NaziCon neanderthal like Scalia.
Hey Einstein. He was talking about the slow students who get admitted via affirmative action. It's obvious you didn't get snapped up by MIT.

LOL

The problem of minorities ending up getting into schools that they cannot keep up in has been known for a long time.

And actually, I've read some interesting reports that this process does not just happen to AA minorities, but to anyone who scrapes into a "good" school in a certain field and then finds they can't keep up.

The discouragement often leads to people giving up, when really they just don't need to be in, for example, MIT.

MIT isn't the only place to study Technology.

Good point. Thomas Sowell would agree with you. He has said the same thing.

PS: For those uninformed people who have never heard of Thomas Sowell, he is one of the most brilliant people on the planet and the author of dozens of books. He is also Black.

PS: For those uninformed people who have never heard of Thomas Sowell, he is one of the most brilliant people on the planet and the author of dozens of books. He is also Black.
Yeah, he has subbed for Rush, I'd rather he replaced Rush permanently really.

MAybe everyone should be allowed to sink or swim

All we have to do is stop grading on a curve and let the numbers speak for themselves

I have never approved of being graded on a curve. I care if I'm right or wrong, good at something or bad at it; I couldn't care less if I'm "more right than other people" or "not as bad at it as they are".

I want an A on my test because I got all the answers right, not because I got 60% and everyone else screwed the pooch.

I'm also not very popular with my classmates in classes like that, because I throw their curve completely out of whack.

It's funny to watch racists trying to rationalize their racism.
I'm not trying to "rationalize" my racism you c88t!
I live on planet earth. Some races have generally higher IQs than other races.
The world has evolved with humans basically operating within their capacity to excel.
There has never been any point in designing/engineering things only people with IQs of 160 can figure out how to use.
There's no point 'dumbing down' the real world we live in so a race of people with IQs in the low eighties can limp along.
Would anyone take a Special Needs group and say "let's all pretend they are just as capable as the rest of us so we can pretend not to be 'prejudiced'? When things don't work out we'll claim it's because the 'smart' people didn't like the dumb people.
You need to take your head out of your ass sweetheart.

He made the comments during a major case about affirmative action at public universities.

During oral arguments on Wednesday in Fisher v. University of Texas, a contentious affirmative action case, the conservative justice seemed to call their abilities into question.

"There are those who contend that it does not benefit African-Americans to get them into the University of Texas, where they do not do well," Scalia said, "as opposed to having them go to a less-advanced school ... a slower-track school where they do well."

Scalia was engaging former U.S. Solicitor General Gregory Garre, who is now representing the University of Texas at Austin as the school defends its ongoing consideration of race as one of many factors in its admissions program.

Pointing to a brief the court received before oral arguments, Scalia noted "most of the black scientists in this country don't come from schools like the University of Texas."

Garre tried to interject, but the justice continued. "They come from lesser schools where they do not feel that ... they're being pushed ahead in classes that are too fast for them," Scalia said.

This is really sad coming from a Supreme Court Justice - even from a NaziCon neanderthal like Scalia.

Neil deGrasse Tyson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Alma mater Harvard University (A.B.)
University of Texas at Austin (M.A.)
Columbia University (M.Phil., Ph.D.)"

Oops.

I'll bet Neil deGrasse Tyson understands the meaning of the word "most". Probably why he's a scientist, and you're not.
It takes more than understanding the meaning of the word "most" to be a scientist. Scalia even referred to black scientists as slow. What an ignorant twit.

There are no slow scientists. To be a scientists first takes an incredible amount of learning. And that's just the beginning.

How many times on the USMB have Republicans said scientists have no common sense or no integrity? The most ignorant and close minded people in the world criticizing the most productive and most brilliant. I could never understand how they have the nerve.

Carl Sagan put it: THE ONLY SACRED TRUTH IN SCIENCE IS THAT THERE ARE NO SACRED TRUTH IN SCIENCE.

Just the fact that right wingers constantly use the phrase "settled science" demonstrates a total lack of understanding.

Oops.

I'll bet Neil deGrasse Tyson understands the meaning of the word "most". Probably why he's a scientist, and you're not.
It takes more than understanding the meaning of the word "most" to be a scientist. Scalia even referred to black scientists as slow. What an ignorant twit.

There are no slow scientists. To be a scientists first takes an incredible amount of learning. And that's just the beginning.

How many times on the USMB have Republicans said scientists have no common sense or no integrity? The most ignorant and close minded people in the world criticizing the most productive and most brilliant. I could never understand how they have the nerve.

Carl Sagan put it: THE ONLY SACRED TRUTH IN SCIENCE IS THAT THERE ARE NO SACRED TRUTH IN SCIENCE.

Just the fact that right wingers constantly use the phrase "settled science" demonstrates a total lack of understanding.
Do you or do you not believe what the 'scientists' have determined visa vi the general IQ levels of various races?
I know I'll never get an honest answer from you and that proves the point.

Oops.

Do you or do you not believe what the 'scientists' have determined visa vi the general IQ levels of various races?
Oh, there's an honest answer all right. One racist stupid fucks never want to hear.

Genetically Speaking, Race Doesn't Exist In Humans

Humans are one of the most genetically homogenous species we know of. There's lots of genetic variation in humanity, but it's basically at the individual level. The between-population variation is very, very minor."

Among Templeton's conclusions: there is more genetic similarity between Europeans and sub-Saharan Africans and between Europeans and Melanesians, inhabitants of islands northeast of Australia, than there is between Africans and Melanesians. Yet, sub-Saharan Africans and Melanesians share dark skin, hair texture and cranial-facial features, traits commonly used to classify people into races. According to Templeton, this example shows that "racial traits" are grossly incompatible with overall genetic differences between human populations.

Neanderthal Scalia thinks life's just a little too quick for darkies at top universities.

If they aren't substandard students, why does race have to be a qualifier?

Isn't the fact that they can't qualify, normally, the issue?

Dumb....fuck@$!#/

Last edited:

If they aren't substandard students, why does race have to be a qualifier?

Isn't the fact that they can't qualify, normally, the issue?

Dumb....fuck@$!#/
Why do Republicans even care? Most of them don't go to school anyway.

what have they determined [LOL]
Climate scientist have determined................

They do not believed in settled Climate Science...they call that "Fair and Balanced"
I hold this truth to be self evident

anyone who presumes to rate your IQ based on the color of your skin is probably dumber than you are.

Forum List

Back