Kahn To GOP: Repudiate Trump Now

2016-07-30T02-09-11-766Z--1280x720.nbcnews-video-reststate-640.jpg

Father Of War Hero Near Tears As He Pleads With Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell To ‘Repudiate’ Trump

Khizr Khan, who denounced Trump at the Democratic Convention, said “an ethical, moral stand has to be taken, regardless of the political costs.”

WASHINGTON ― Khizr Khan on Friday delivered the second half of the speech he began a day earlier at the Democratic National Convention.

Khan, the father of Muslim-American war hero Army Capt. Humayun S.M. Khan, who was killed in action in Iraq, implored Republican leaders of the Senate and House to disown their presidential nominee, Donald Trump, once and for all.

Appearing in his living room with his wife on MSNBC, Khan stared unwaveringly into the camera with watery eyes and asked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.): “Isn’t this time to repudiate Trump?”

“If your candidate wins and he governs the way he has campaigned, my country, this country, will have constitutional crises [like] never before in the history of this country, and my conscience compels me under these very difficult circumstances,” Khan said. “But there is so much at stake, and I appeal to both of these leaders, this is the time. There comes a time in the history of a nation where an ethical, moral stand has to be taken regardless of the political costs. The only reason they’re not repudiating his behavior, his threat to our democracy, our decency, our foundation, is just because of political consequences.”

Khan told Lawrence O’Donnell, host of MSNBC’s “The Last Word,” he will continue asking that question in the hopes that it gets a reply from the two leaders, who he called “patriot(s)” and “decent human being(s).”

Neither McConnell’s nor Ryan’s spokesmen responded immediately to requests for comment.

Watch the full MSNBC interview below:

Father Of War Hero Near Tears As He Pleads With Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell To 'Repudiate' Trump

A patriotic Pakistani-American is sending us a clear message about the dangers of a Trump presidency. Are we listening? I am...

It's a sad day when it takes a naturalized citizen to publically say the obvious while so many others have remained quiet in the face of Trump's demagoguery. Frankly, anyone who doesn't think that a president Trump would be the closest thing to a dictator America has ever seen from day one simply hasn't been paying attention to him when he speaks.

All I can say at this point is that I hope the Khans currently have some security because it wouldn't at all surprise me to find out that they're on some kind of hit list, maybe put there by Vladimir Putin himself.
LMFAO Says an idiot who has worshiped the Fascist Hussein.

Father Of War Hero Near Tears As He Pleads With Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell To ‘Repudiate’ Trump

Khizr Khan, who denounced Trump at the Democratic Convention, said “an ethical, moral stand has to be taken, regardless of the political costs.”

WASHINGTON ― Khizr Khan on Friday delivered the second half of the speech he began a day earlier at the Democratic National Convention.

Khan, the father of Muslim-American war hero Army Capt. Humayun S.M. Khan, who was killed in action in Iraq, implored Republican leaders of the Senate and House to disown their presidential nominee, Donald Trump, once and for all.

Appearing in his living room with his wife on MSNBC, Khan stared unwaveringly into the camera with watery eyes and asked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.): “Isn’t this time to repudiate Trump?”

“If your candidate wins and he governs the way he has campaigned, my country, this country, will have constitutional crises [like] never before in the history of this country, and my conscience compels me under these very difficult circumstances,” Khan said. “But there is so much at stake, and I appeal to both of these leaders, this is the time. There comes a time in the history of a nation where an ethical, moral stand has to be taken regardless of the political costs. The only reason they’re not repudiating his behavior, his threat to our democracy, our decency, our foundation, is just because of political consequences.”

Khan told Lawrence O’Donnell, host of MSNBC’s “The Last Word,” he will continue asking that question in the hopes that it gets a reply from the two leaders, who he called “patriot(s)” and “decent human being(s).”

Neither McConnell’s nor Ryan’s spokesmen responded immediately to requests for comment.

Father Of War Hero Near Tears As He Pleads With Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell To 'Repudiate' Trump

A patriotic Pakistani-American is sending us a clear message about the dangers of a Trump presidency. Are we listening? I am...

It's a sad day when it takes a naturalized citizen to publically say the obvious while so many others have remained quiet in the face of Trump's demagoguery. Frankly, anyone who doesn't think that a president Trump would be the closest thing to a dictator America has ever seen from day one simply hasn't been paying attention to him when he speaks.

All I can say at this point is that I hope the Khans currently have some security because it wouldn't at all surprise me to find out that they're on some kind of hit list, maybe put there by Vladimir Putin himself.

Vince Fosters last words, "Hillary, I have to tell the FBI the truth about Whitewater. Don't worry, it will be OK"

P

Well, if you are referring to SADDAM Hussein, the person who worships him is Donald Trump who, by the way, also praised Putin and North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un. Do YOU have a problem with that?

Seems any family that has lost a son fighting for America should have the right to free speech and free speech on these boards.

They have a right to ask, however, what they ask does not mean it has to be granted.

Vince Fosters last words, "Hillary, I have to tell the FBI the truth about Whitewater. Don't worry, it will be OK"

I heard that Fosters last words were: "Don't worry, Rush, your secret is safe with me."

P

Well, if you are referring to SADDAM Hussein, the person who worships him is Donald Trump who, by the way, also praised Putin and North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un. Do YOU have a problem with that?
The statement that Trump loves Saddam Hussein is so liberally biasedly rhetorical over the top BS that it makes it hard to take you seriously...but I am sure it gives your liberal buddies a hard-on and they clap for you.

Whatever...

Sloping Brow is the biggest lying fraud on this forum and may very well be the dumbest. Worthless, weak and useless

True, and I am tired of feeding the troll. He is probably trying for the most posts to feed his ego and I am tired of his ignorance. Thank you for listening. (reading)

Yeah he's destined for ignore if he doesn't cease with the garbage and ignorance

Sadly, you will never put me on ignore...
New Rule: Ignore bigots, Trump supporters, and other various regressive idiots .

Agree. For the first time during my tenure on USMB - I have several on ignore. NaziCon ignorance has been more than I can bear lately.
USMB gave you tenure? ROFLMAO.

Anyone without the intellectual maturity to engage in an exchange of ideas without insulting or attacking others has obviously nothing to say...that should be taken seriously. The childish continued use of the word 'nazicon' immediately evokes the response of ignoring anything he says and mentally banishing him to the proverbial kiddy table.

Seems any family that has lost a son fighting for America should have the right to free speech and free speech on these boards.

They have a right to ask, however, what they ask does not mean it has to be granted.
So who should they ask and would grant them the right to speak freely?

I meant they have a right to speak and ask the Republicans to repudiate Trump. But the request doesn't need to be granted or even considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, and I am tired of feeding the troll. He is probably trying for the most posts to feed his ego and I am tired of his ignorance. Thank you for listening. (reading)

Yeah he's destined for ignore if he doesn't cease with the garbage and ignorance

New Rule: Ignore bigots, Trump supporters, and other various regressive idiots .

Agree. For the first time during my tenure on USMB - I have several on ignore. NaziCon ignorance has been more than I can bear lately.

Who else has been granted tenure here? How do you qualify?

Mr. Khan had no right to say Trump had never read the constitution. He put that out there. It's only fair that Trump be allowed to respond.
Trump sounds like he never even learned to read for Christ sake!

The Kahn family has more honor and American patriotism than all the NaziCon morons supporting Trump put together. Watch the video in the OP to see what a real American is like.

No disrespect to the late Army Capt. Kahn nor his family, but what he did and his battlefield sacrifice doesn't make his parents honorable nor patriotic. In fact, I think less of his parents after they decided to throw it in with Democrat Presidential Nominee Hillary Clinton. Of course, I would feel the same way had it been Republican Presidential Nominee Donald Trump Capt. Kahn's parents were out stumping for.

No, what Capt. Kahn did does not make the parents honorable or patriotic. But they are Muslim Americans honorable and patriotic and Trump has disrespected, demeaned and maligned Muslims including those who are loyal to the US and American citizens and therefore has disrespected, demeaned and maligned these people as well. And then the stupid ass responds by questioning why the mother didn’t speak! What a moron! He deserves all of the blow back that he gets for this.

I watched some of Khan's remarks and if he insulted me like he insulted Trump, I would tell him to kiss my ass.
Trump invites every insult he gets. They are well deserved!

Democrats are used to doing the insulting, Trump is the first that fires back at them and leaves their jaws lying on the floor.

Kahn is hitting back at Trump for all his hateful anti-Muslim anti-Mexican rhetoric. Praise Kahn!

cd466a8a694e9e52bb8f08125ee5cbf9.jpg

Khan is an agent of the Muslim brotherhood. He ain't no patriot. By defending him you are promoting jihadis.

Well, dumbass, read the various definitions of "tenure" - which can simply relate to time...

Definition of TENURE

Well, dumbass, read the various definitions of "tenure" - which can simply relate to time...

Definition of TENURE

• : the amount of time that a person holds a job, office, or title

• So are you claiming to have a job, office, or title here at USMB?

Forum List

Back