Kansas Bill Would Allow Spanking Children To Point Of Bruising

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008

Rep. Gail Finney, a Democrat from Wichita, says she wants to allow up to 10 strikes of the hand and that could leave redness and bruising. The bill also would allow parents to give permission to others to spank their children.

Finney says she wants to restore parental rights, and improve discipline.

How would hitting your child to the point of bruising them restore parental rights? :confused:

CaféAuLait;8646732 said:

Rep. Gail Finney, a Democrat from Wichita, says she wants to allow up to 10 strikes of the hand and that could leave redness and bruising. The bill also would allow parents to give permission to others to spank their children.

How would hitting your child to the point of bruising them restore parental rights? :confused:

It would allow parents to take out their days frustrations on their children instead of actually parenting.

CaféAuLait;8646732 said:

It would allow parents to take out their days frustrations on their children instead of actually parenting.

If we can bruise our children then we should consider bruising our spouses and or significant others, it makes no sense that one considers a child something one can bruise but send a partner to jail for. A child is small and helpless ( until a teenager, not agreeing with the bill with that statement BTW) an adult can at least fight back if not outsized. WTF?

There are a lot on loonies on this board who would have no problem with some "teacher" beating up their kid because they beat up their kids themselves.

There are a lot on loonies on this board who would have no problem with some "teacher" beating up their kid because they beat up their kids themselves.

Well the bill allows for that too. It gives parents permission to allow teachers and those caring for children the right to do the same.

IDK about your statement there are loonies on this board that would allow a teacher to beat up their child tho.

CaféAuLait;8646732 said:

That's probably too much, but it's much preferable to the result of nonexisting parenting that leads to sociopathy which leads to drive by shootings.

It bugs me that a human being is in favor of this.

And, yes, many here on this board have posted in the past in favor of hitting children.

CaféAuLait;8646732 said:

That's probably too much, but it's much preferable to the result of nonexisting parenting that leads to sociopathy which leads to drive by shootings.

Or drinking to the point of alcohol poisoning, school shootings, and serial killings.

One of the comments at the link -

They would condemn Sharia law as too extreme and draconian but would promote the same behaviors as long as it's done with "Christian love and the spirit of repentance."

CaféAuLait;8646732 said:

I don't have kids, but if I did, and someone dared lay a hand on my child, I'd break their nose.

Some spanking is fine. Kids are much worse these days because time outs are not adequate . Kids will call cps if they aren't allowed to play xbox.

CaféAuLait;8646732 said:

I don't have kids, but if I did, and someone dared lay a hand on my child, I'd break their nose.

... for starters.

====

There is never ever a reason or excuse for hitting children.

Never.

Some spanking is fine. Kids are much worse these days because time outs are not adequate . Kids will call cps if they aren't allowed to play xbox.

If timeouts dont work you are not doing them right. I have 2 teenagers and timeouts absolutely kill them.

If I had gotten time outs when caught playing with matches when I was 5 I would have one day burned the house down. Me getting spanked probably saved lives.

Forum List

Back