Kansas Cops Execute An Unarmed, Suicidal Teen,

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
On August 23, Ottawa, Kansas police shot Joseph Jennings 16 times, even as his aunt and uncle begged them not to. According to KCTV in Ottawa, Jennings was suicidal. He had taken an overdose August 21, and two police officers helped to save his life. Both of those officers were involved in gunning down the teen, two days later.

Jennings was released from Ransom Memorial Hospital two days after the suicide attempt, on August 23. His Aunt, Brandy Smith, told KCTV that he left the house just a few hours after returning home, apparently on a suicide mission. Smith said that she looked out her window and saw Jennings outside, as well as six police officers. She and her husband ran to the scene.

8211 Kansas Cops Execute An Unarmed Suicidal Teen As His Family Pleads For His Life

This is not the first case of suicide by cop. It won't be the last.

The family feels awful. They are horrified. There was nothing they could have done. Not ever. This kid tried to kill himself and was stopped. Two days later he's suicidal again. He used a bb gun to threaten others. Had he lived, next time it would be a real gun. He was determined. Suicide with that kind of determination is always successful. Sorry for the family. Robin Williams family feels just as bad.

This is not the first case of suicide by cop. It won't be the last.

The family feels awful. They are horrified. There was nothing they could have done. Not ever. This kid tried to kill himself and was stopped. Two days later he's suicidal again. He used a bb gun to threaten others. Had he lived, next time it would be a real gun. He was determined. Suicide with that kind of determination is always successful. Sorry for the family. Robin Williams family feels just as bad.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been scared silly by young guys wielding BB guns.

Seriously. I really can't. :badgrin:

About a year or so ago a suicidal teen was wandering on the freeway at 10pm. . He called 911 to say he had a gun and was going to shoot people. He didn't have a gun. He had a cell phone. The police had him stopped trying to talk to him. The kid was screaming that he had a gun and wanted to kill cops. He raised his arm in a shooting position. The cell phone glinted in the lights and the cops unloaded. He must have been shot 50 times.

Terrible for the family but it couldn't be helped. The world is no one's private little mental hospital.

About a year or so ago a suicidal teen was wandering on the freeway at 10pm. . He called 911 to say he had a gun and was going to shoot people. He didn't have a gun. He had a cell phone. The police had him stopped trying to talk to him. The kid was screaming that he had a gun and wanted to kill cops. He raised his arm in a shooting position. The cell phone glinted in the lights and the cops unloaded. He must have been shot 50 times.

Terrible for the family but it couldn't be helped. The world is no one's private little mental hospital.

So how does this explain your posts, then? :badgrin:

In response to the shooting, Ottawa Police Chief Dennis Butler said the officers were doing what they are trained to do.

“They reacted based upon the training that they’ve been given from the academy. We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm.”

How could any of the officers have gotten injured if he only had a BB gun? It doesn't make sense.

youo can shoot your eye out kid and some bb guns well aimed can go through your eye into your skull or straight through your skull too

In response to the shooting, Ottawa Police Chief Dennis Butler said the officers were doing what they are trained to do.

“They reacted based upon the training that they’ve been given from the academy. We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm.”

How could any of the officers have gotten injured if he only had a BB gun? It doesn't make sense.

How would any of the officers known that it was just a BB gun?

The Chief was relieved afterwards they didn't get injured. I was talking about the statement afterwards.

The Chief was relieved afterwards they didn't get injured. I was talking about the statement afterwards.

BB Guns can certainly cause some injury. My brother still has a BB stuck in his arm from 30 years ago.

BB Guns can certainly cause some injury. My brother still has a BB stuck in his arm from 30 years ago.

As was posted, there is the extremely slight risk of it hitting someone in the eye. Otherwise, I do not see how it a BB gun can do "great bodily harm."

Also, the aunt claims Jennings was not holding any gun at the time of the shooting!

Jennings’ aunt insists the 18-year-old was unarmed but might have made a movement cops mistook as reaching for a gun.

Cops Shoot Suicidal Kansas Teen Sixteen Times - Hit Run Reason.com

As was posted, there is the extremely slight risk of it hitting someone in the eye. Otherwise, I do not see how it a BB gun can do "great bodily harm."

Also, the aunt claims Jennings was not holding any gun at the time of the shooting!

Jennings’ aunt insists the 18-year-old was unarmed but might have made a movement cops mistook as reaching for a gun.

Cops Shoot Suicidal Kansas Teen Sixteen Times - Hit Run Reason.com

I wouldn't exactly say that the aunt of the victim would be a calm, objective witness.

The fact of the matter is, the kid was doing everything he could to get the cops to shoot him. He succeeded.

"Suicide by cop" isn't that rare of a thing.

On August 23, Ottawa, Kansas police shot Joseph Jennings 16 times, even as his aunt and uncle begged them not to. According to KCTV in Ottawa, Jennings was suicidal. He had taken an overdose August 21, and two police officers helped to save his life. Both of those officers were involved in gunning down the teen, two days later.

Jennings was released from Ransom Memorial Hospital two days after the suicide attempt, on August 23. His Aunt, Brandy Smith, told KCTV that he left the house just a few hours after returning home, apparently on a suicide mission. Smith said that she looked out her window and saw Jennings outside, as well as six police officers. She and her husband ran to the scene.

8211 Kansas Cops Execute An Unarmed Suicidal Teen As His Family Pleads For His Life

If only there were people who argued for a limited government that is restricted by the Constitution.

Wait, there are, and you hate all of them.

I wouldn't exactly say that the aunt of the victim would be a calm, objective witness.

The fact of the matter is, the kid was doing everything he could to get the cops to shoot him. He succeeded.

"Suicide by cop" isn't that rare of a thing.

And we all know that cops never get excited, and are always objective.

Clear case of a statist authoritarian defending cops no matter what.

Forum List

Back