Kansas to ban use of welfare on tattoos, cruises, psychics

Not to derail the thread, but what's going on with this site? Seems like they've given up on it. Lots of bugs and changes that aren't for the better. Anyone else noticing that?

Is the use of welfare on tattoos, cruises, and psychics a big problem in Kansas, or is this just more pandering bullshit by a politician trying to get re-elected?

"I stood up to the runaway train of welfare being used on tattoos, cruises, and psychics!" (pause for applause)

I am not sure about what is the motivation behind that decision. Probably you are right. But anyways it is not the way I personally want it. Welfare is for those who need it. People getting tattos for taxpayers money are definitely not included.

So because you're a whore working a job you loathe, no one else should have a good time?
Are you serious?
Amazing.

Work is whoring, welfare fraud is noble.
So because you're a whore working a job you loathe, no one else should have a good time?
Are you serious?
Amazing.

Work is whoring, welfare fraud is noble.
Delta can't possibly mean his statement. I don't know him other than I surmise he's gay. However, a statement like that would only come from somebody playing us as a troll just to rile us up. I think paintmywagon is doing just that. Nobody can be that obtuse. I'm getting close to putting people doing this on ignore. I don't want the aggravation. Nothing we say will convince them to at least consider our position. I'm open to agreeing with liberals, but they need to be respectful of me too. The Jesus haters can go to Hell. I will be ignoring them very soon. I won't let them put their un substantive verbal garbage in my brain.

That's the quote that discredits the idea of welfare system per se. Everybody knows there are professional welfare receivers who do not work and do not intend to do so. Brand new tattoo and a bottle of cheep beer is everything this people really care about.

Welfare was introduced to provide temporary help to people who for some reasons cannot sustain themselves. You cannot sit at home and expect you are getting everything you want. Sorry, you are in the US, it doesn't work that way in this country.

NO, the way it works in this country is that 40% of households using food stamps have at least one member who has a job, just not a job that puts food on the table.

And big corporations that make BILLIONS have guidence on their websites telling their employees how to apply for Food Stamps, Medicaid and Section 8 Housing instead of paying their employees a fair wage.
None of that matters.

Even one welfare fraud is stealing from the truly needy.

If the system was tightened up, and the able bodied abusers kicked off, think of what we could do for the truly needy.

But I realize that means nothing to scum like you, to your ilk, the entitlement system does not exist to help anyone, it exists to bribe voters.

You don't fool anyone, you know.
Imagine what we could do if we could get conservatives to have that sort of zero tolerance attitude for financial industry fraud, a more costly problem by any measure, but no, regulations are evil.
Are you kidding? Wall Street is in Cahoots with the democrats.

That's the quote that discredits the idea of welfare system per se. Everybody knows there are professional welfare receivers who do not work and do not intend to do so. Brand new tattoo and a bottle of cheep beer is everything this people really care about.

Welfare was introduced to provide temporary help to people who for some reasons cannot sustain themselves. You cannot sit at home and expect you are getting everything you want. Sorry, you are in the US, it doesn't work that way in this country.

NO, the way it works in this country is that 40% of households using food stamps have at least one member who has a job, just not a job that puts food on the table.

And big corporations that make BILLIONS have guidence on their websites telling their employees how to apply for Food Stamps, Medicaid and Section 8 Housing instead of paying their employees a fair wage.

Because those corporations do not "own" their employees....I know you liberals don't get the concept of "freedom" and just assume that workers should be owned by their employers, there fore the employer/owner needs to provide food, clothing, shelter and medicine....just like the owner of a dog or a cat needs to.....but freedom means that the worker and the employer work together under an agreed upon wage...and if either party is unhappy with the work or the wage...they can stop the association.....I know...you can sit down if blood is rushing to your head at the thought of not having the government or a corporation in charge of every aspect of your life.....

But that is what we call Freedom.....

None of that matters.

Even one welfare fraud is stealing from the truly needy.

If the system was tightened up, and the able bodied abusers kicked off, think of what we could do for the truly needy.

But I realize that means nothing to scum like you, to your ilk, the entitlement system does not exist to help anyone, it exists to bribe voters.

You don't fool anyone, you know.

Here's the thing about that. When you kick the "abusers" off, are you going to find each and every one of them a renumerative job? Because we can't find jobs for the people who want to work right now, and as I point out, some jobs pay so little that they have to turn to the government for help.

You see, the real problem is, when you cheat those who are willing to work, you really do create a culture where politicians can bribe them.

Because those corporations do not "own" their employees....I know you liberals don't get the concept of "freedom" and just assume that workers should be owned by their employers, there fore the employer/owner needs to provide food, clothing, shelter and medicine....just like the owner of a dog or a cat needs to.....but freedom means that the worker and the employer work together under an agreed upon wage...and if either party is unhappy with the work or the wage...they can stop the association.....I know...you can sit down if blood is rushing to your head at the thought of not having the government or a corporation in charge of every aspect of your life.....

But that is what we call Freedom.....

Whenever I hear one of you Inbred Wingnuts talk about "Freedom", it usually means the ability of those with wealth to abuse those of us without wealth.

WalMart doesn't own it's employees, but the only reason why it is filthy rich is because of those employees. So the rest of us are essentially subsidizing WalMart's low cost work force. Talk about your corporate welfare.

Here's a thought.. aspire to something more than Mickey D's. You lazy fucks just slay me.

Frankly, guy, I want the gal working at Mickey D to be happy at her job and not worried about feeding her kids. I want her to be happy because she is preparing something I plan to put inside my body.

I'm not sure why you don't. Other than being a mean-spirited asshole, I mean.

It's an Entitlement mentality. Many truly believe they deserve something. They believe they're entitled to someone else's money. It's what the Democratic Party has taught them. Welfare is a drug. And too many Americans are addicted.

again, when big corporations aren't paying people enough to survive on, you can't be surprised when they turn to government.

No one is so proud they'd rather watch their children starve than ask for help. Except for a psycho.

No, because people who demand others support them shouldn't have a problem when the people who were forced to provide the money tell you what to do.

You'd rather have them break into your house in the middle of the night and just take your stuff?

You prefer they die trying? I had my truck broken into about a year go sitting in my driveway. The police caught them. It's a good thing I didn't when it was happening.

We should

Here's how it works. If you ask that someone be forced to fund programs that provide you with something you should be providing yourself, don't be surprised when those forced to do the funding tell you how to use THEIR money.

So, will you be applying the same logic to health care? With all the government subsidies, and mandatory premiums, being funneled to the insurance industry, will you support laws mandating good health habits? Why should fat slobs and daredevils rack up hospital bills on YOUR money?

It's an Entitlement mentality. Many truly believe they deserve something. They believe they're entitled to someone else's money. It's what the Democratic Party has taught them. Welfare is a drug. And too many Americans are addicted.

again, when big corporations aren't paying people enough to survive on, you can't be surprised when they turn to government.

No one is so proud they'd rather watch their children starve than ask for help. Except for a psycho.

I'm not surprised they turn to government. That's what leeches do. However, the problem is the reason they don't make enough to survive is because they offer low level skills not worth much. If the only thing you're qualified to do is sweep floor, empty trash, and scrub toilets, don't expect to be paid much. If you're getting paid what those skills are worth, don't blame the payer but yourself for having low level skills.

They don't ask for help. They demand it. It's easy to tell. Interesting that I've seen, more than one time, those you say care about their kids put back food that could go for their kids because the EBT card wasn't enough only to buy beer with cash money.

A psycho thinks someone else owes them something.

You prefer they die trying? I had my truck broken into about a year go sitting in my driveway. The police caught them. It's a good thing I didn't when it was happening.

Yes, I'm sure you spend every night "polishing your gun" at the thought of shooting poor people.

Nice diversion. I hope that no one is stupid enough to make the mistake of trying to steal from me and get caught doing it. You want to chastise me for defending what is mine yet seem to have no problem with someone stealing what isn't theirs.

By the way, my guns stay clean and in working order. Don't worry about that. As far as my truck being broken into, the thug stole a gun from the glovebox. I had no worries had I been the one that caught them. It wasn't loaded at the time nor would I have had to encounter them, just see them. I have a good vantage point from the second floor window. The only sound they would have heard was it firing and I'm not real sure they could have processed what it was before it did the job.

We should

Here's how it works. If you ask that someone be forced to fund programs that provide you with something you should be providing yourself, don't be surprised when those forced to do the funding tell you how to use THEIR money.

So, will you be applying the same logic to health care? With all the government subsidies, and mandatory premiums, being funneled to the insurance industry, will you support laws mandating good health habits? Why should fat slobs and daredevils rack up hospital bills on YOUR money?

I don't think the governemnt should be in the healthcare business. Take that for what it's worth in answering.

We should

I don't think the governemnt should be in the healthcare business. Take that for what it's worth in answering.

I hear ya. But they are. And it's gonna get worse. I'm just wondering, as government assumes responsibility for more and more of our wants and needs - will you continue to use that as an excuse to dictate behavior?

We should

I hear ya. But they are. And it's gonna get worse. I'm just wondering, as government assumes responsibility for more and more of our wants and needs - will you continue to use that as an excuse to dictate behavior?

I didn't say they weren't just that they shouldn't.

It would only be an excuse if one person wasn't being forced to fund what you think the government provides with money it wouldn't have without having taken it from the people first.

Do you do what your boss says? Why? Does it have anything to do with your boss providing you the means with which to pay your bills, in other words, a salary?

I'm not surprised they turn to government. That's what leeches do. However, the problem is the reason they don't make enough to survive is because they offer low level skills not worth much. If the only thing you're qualified to do is sweep floor, empty trash, and scrub toilets, don't expect to be paid much. If you're getting paid what those skills are worth, don't blame the payer but yourself for having low level skills.

well, okay. What are those skills worth. Why not set a salary for those things by popular vote instead of what a business owner thinks he can get away with?

Frankly, i know college educated people who have ended up doing menial labor when we make the mistake of putting the Bush family in charge.

You see, this is where you are really, really fucking stupid. If the bottom 40% only gets 1% of the wealth, they have no incentive to keep Capitalism, do they?

They don't ask for help. They demand it. It's easy to tell. Interesting that I've seen, more than one time, those you say care about their kids put back food that could go for their kids because the EBT card wasn't enough only to buy beer with cash money.

Yes, I know, and then there was the imaginary welfare queen who bought steak with her food stamps. And stuff.

I've seen rich people buy Dressage Horses right after laying off a dozen employees and cutting health benefits to their employees. I mean, if you really want to play morality police with the poor, let's play morality police with the rich, too.

Forum List

Back