Karl Rove: Some Republicans reconsidering opposition to gay marriage

A conservative Republican WAS THE FIRST Senator to step into the well and state that gays and lesbians deserve the right to openly serve in the military.

Watch the fast shift on the Republican Party within ONE YEAR to no opposition to gay marriage and then full support.
And then watch the platform mention nothing on it next election and then in 2020 full support of gay marriage and rights.
And then watch 30 years of Republican rule in both Houses and the White House.

The reality of the changing tide and changing demographics. The market that they previously catered to and targeted is shrinking. They need to make some adjustments in order to be viable.

They have made it and it is growing like wild fire!
I love it.
Just today I had lunch with 2 hard core Republicans and both stated they now will never oppose gay marriage and any bans on abortion.
Watch out for a new movement that will stomp out tax and spend Democrats.

The reality of the changing tide and changing demographics. The market that they previously catered to and targeted is shrinking. They need to make some adjustments in order to be viable.

I love it.
Just today I had lunch with 2 hard core Republicans and both stated they now will never oppose gay marriage and any bans on abortion.

I predict that the republicans will have to do some sorting out and culling of certain types in their party before they can become more viable.

I love it.

I predict that the republicans will have to do some sorting out and culling of certain types in their party before they can become more viable.

Happening as we post.

Maybe he's realizing that there's no future in opposing gay marriage. The young people have spoken and it's clear what direction we're headed.

Absolutely. The direction we are going is down the same shithole as every other culture that went this way. The bright side is no one will feel sorry when the final blow comes. We will deserve it. We do now.

Hitler not only murdered Jews, he also murdered homosexuals. Don't you realize you're on his side of the aisle?

It should be freaking obvious even to ignorant left wingers blinded by their sissie ideology that most Americans do not approve of homosexual marriage. The most liberal state in the Nation voted against the proposition and that's what they are whining about. They want to force the agenda down out throats (pardon the pun) when they can't get it passed in a referendum.

It should be freaking obvious even to ignorant left wingers blinded by their sissie ideology that most Americans do not approve of homosexual marriage. The most liberal state in the Nation voted against the proposition and that's what they are whining about. They want to force the agenda down out throats (pardon the pun) when they can't get it passed in a referendum.

You might want to check your facts on what "most Americans" approve of...

"The number of Americans who support same-sex marriage has risen by almost the same amount in that time - from 40% in 2007 to 53% today - strongly suggesting that the rise in support for gay marriage is due in part to the rising number of Americans who have become aware that someone close to them is gay," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...n-effect-fuels-support-for-same-sex-marriage/

Barely, and things have treaded even more towards the acceptance of legalized gay marriage.

So....how long do you plan on being on the wrong side of history until you start pretending you were for gay marriage all along?

Equal rights have nothing to do with majority rule.

"sissy ideology"
Is that what I am blinded by?
What is it that is blinding you?

When Democrats change their views on gay marriage, ( i.e. Joe Biden, President Obama, Hilary Clinton, etc. they "evolve".

When Republicans change their minds about it, (i.e. Karl Rove, Senator Portman, etc.) they are "hypocrites".

Perfect illustration of progressive "logic".

When Democrats change their views on gay marriage, ( i.e. Joe Biden, President Obama, Hilary Clinton, etc. they "evolve".

When Republicans change their minds about it, (i.e. Karl Rove, Senator Portman, etc.) they are "hypocrites".

Perfect illustration of progressive "logic".

Best allies gays can have now are Republicans.
You make peace with your enemies, not your friends.

Rove is just laying the groundwork for what he thinks the next candidate has to say to win. Pretty soon he'll say the next GOP candidate will have to be "reconsidering" his pro-life stance as well. It's all electoral gamesmanship.

I can kill the suspense right now for Rove and anybody else who thinks a Republican who has "evolved" on gay marriage is going to win: it ain't happening. Try picking the Republican Republican Voters Will Vote For next time and they might win. Picking The Most Small-R Republican Wishy-Washy Democrats Will Vote For is how we got McCain and Romney.

Rove is just laying the groundwork for what he thinks the next candidate has to say to win. Pretty soon he'll say the next GOP candidate will have to be "reconsidering" his pro-life stance as well. It's all electoral gamesmanship.

I can kill the suspense right now for Rove and anybody else who thinks a Republican who has "evolved" on gay marriage is going to win: it ain't happening. Try picking the Republican Republican Voters Will Vote For next time and they might win. Picking The Most Small-R Republican Wishy-Washy Democrats Will Vote For is how we got McCain and Romney.

You are right.
Gay rights and abortion stance changes do not take cash from producers and give to other folks.
That is what gets folks elected these days.

Parroting your MessiahRushie again.

The Left Needs the Supreme Court to Rule in Favor of Gay Marriage Because the People Won't
March 25, 2013
RUSH: And liberal policies are to be imposed on the nation.* It's the only way the country can become liberal is to have them imposed.* People would never vote for the stuff.*

Maybe he's realizing that there's no future in opposing gay marriage. The young people have spoken and it's clear what direction we're headed.

Absolutely. The direction we are going is down the same shithole as every other culture that went this way. The bright side is no one will feel sorry when the final blow comes. We will deserve it. We do now.

Historical examples, please.

Forum List

Back