Kate Steinle murderer found not guilty of murder.

Agreed. Which is why is would be difficult for the prosecution for prove murder. They have no idea what he was thinking. But they do know the bullet wasn't a direct hit
So if someone shoots at you and misses but the bullet ricochets and kills you the shooter gets off Scott free? Because he is a bad shot? What kind of idiocy has rotted your brain?

Dear Fang and Rambunctious
If the circumstances were purely accidental and legal for him to be there, yes this could be argued as an accidental shooting death. That is not murder, but could be negligent homicide if negligence is involved.
Even Zimmerman didn't get negligent homicide as many including me thought would better describe what went wrong when he killed Trayvon Martin.

In this case, "felony murder" comes the closest to the circumstances around the death. It still isn't exactly what happened to the "letter of the law."
But it matches closely "in spirit."

Basically the man has a felony record, and the ACT of re-entry into the country after deportation CAN be punished as a felony.
But being present in the country isn't a felony, not even in his case. He just has a felony background, and RE-ENTRY can be a felony.

Then any death that occurs, even unintentional or accidental, during the COMMISSION of a felony CAN be charged as "felony murder" IN SOME STATES.

So the two reasons this doesn't apply here directly, is the state has different laws and interpretations of felony murder. And the man's presence at that location when the death occurred because he had committed a felony "in the past" doesn't necessarily count as felony in the PRESENT when the death occurred. It wasn't "during the commission" of his PAST felonies.

So it is stretch, and other people who DO CALL HIS PRESENCE to be a felony DO count this as murder.

What they could do is consider everyone in SF who ENABLED this man to be there could count as an ACCESSORY to felony, and thus contributed to felony murder by letting him here where a DEATH occurred, accidental or unintentional or not.

That's a HUGE stretch. But it could be argued IN SPIRIT, just the letter of the law can contradict that and get them off the hook which is what they use, the letter of the law to violate the SPIRIT of the law.
If he killed Kate while driving drunk he would have done big time in prison. Yet he can break the law by entering our nation illegally and processing a hand gun illegally and killing a innocent young women with the rest of her life ahead of her. To defend the decision of the jury is to be as cold and unthinking as a human can be. Maybe you should move to San Francisco, you would fit right in.

??? Rambunctious did you even read or understand my message? This can be argued as FELONY MURDER. I explained how. Read it again.

If you agree that either this man "was in process of committing a felony" or that the city officials who ENABLED him to commit an immigration violation are committing a FELONY, then ANY DEATH that occurs during the commission of a felony CAN BE CHARGED AS FELONY MURDER if that law applies in that state.

The question is does the actions of the city to enable him to to be there "count as a felony."

It's because I'm NOT in California I don't have say in how they interpret laws. They may not have "felony murder" as they do in Texas.

Rambunctious instead of blaming and yelling at me when I offered a possible avenue for legal argument,
why don't you help lobby the federal govt to look into this argument for felony murder?

Why yell at me if you can make this argument I offered?
If you believe in it, I spelled out the TERMS that could be researched and possible USED.

But just calling it murder isn't explaining what is argued as an "accident."

FELONY MURDER
is the term that can be applied to even an accidental unintended death caused during the commission of a felony.

That's what my message is describing.
Did you even read it before you reacted?

Great, then I guess you support pressing felony charges of involuntary manslaughter against the BLM ranger whose gun was responsible for the death of Ms. Steinle. He left it unsecured, underneath the seat of his car, as he ate dinner with his family. That is criminal negligence. It was stolen, ditched, and then found by Mr. Zarate. The ranger's actions meet the standards for involuntary manslaughter, Mr. Zarate's do not.

I have a suspicion that there are more than a few posters here saying this was an accident rather than this guy intentionally pulled the trigger simply because he was an illegal alien.

That's sad. A woman is dead, what if that was your wife,mom,sister,girlfriend, etc?

I have a suspicion that there are more than a few posters here saying this was an accident rather than this guy intentionally pulled the trigger simply because he was an illegal alien.

That's sad. A woman is dead, what if that was your wife,mom,sister,girlfriend, etc?

I would be pissed at the irresponsible jackass that couldn't keep his weapon secure.

To me, the Monday Morning Quarterbacking should have been about the gun

A gun was stolen from a BLM agent and ended up killing someone. The agent should have secured his weapon, left it unloaded and had a trigger lock on it

If he had done so, that woman would be alive today

What about this?

If a man who obviously had zero intentions of ever not illegally entering this country illegally had been in prison for felony reentry this woman would be alive today?

Anyone could have found that gun with similar results

If you leave a loaded weapon where kids can find it....You are liable
They don't try to pass laws against kids

A gun was stolen from a BLM agent and ended up killing someone. The agent should have secured his weapon, left it unloaded and had a trigger lock on it

What about this?

If a man who obviously had zero intentions of ever not illegally entering this country illegally had been in prison for felony reentry this woman would be alive today?

Huh? I'm saying that if that guy would have been in prison for felony re entry that HE couldn't have committed this crime. That's just a fact. That doesn't mean someone else may not have done the same thing, it means HE couldn't have done it.

That's just a fact.

Turning her death into a political point is a sin; the jury ruled. Can you turn off thee hate long enough to even think of her?

images

Dear Peach
Someone posted this on FB:
the office contact to public defender Matt Gonzalez, asking to "BOYCOTT San Francisco .... PH 415-553-1671. No justice, No Peace! Make a call for Kate in heaven..."

Is there already a petition on the change or petition websites? directed to the SF Mayor and Public Defender and Court Judge?

Grampa Murked U
As they say, don't agonize, ORGANIZE!
How can we collectively ask for change.
What can we agree on as effective that hits the nail on the head and drives the point home?

We need to change the laws to make accidental killing full bloody murder

But not for white people of course
Intent? I thought that RWrs didn't like Hate Crime laws....that's intent too.

What about this?

If I leave a laptop with unencrypted Personal Identifiable Information of my clients underneath the seat of my car while eating dinner with my family and someone breaks into my car, steals the laptop, and uses that PII to commit identity theft my ass is charged with a felony, I could be fined up to fifty grand and sentenced to one year in jail. But if I leave my freakin gun underneath the seat and some yahoo steals it and later, it ends up killing someone. Nothing. I get NOTHING. That is FUBARED.

Usually a unanimous not guilty murder verdict would mean that there were questions in the jury's mind.

I didn't sit on the jury so will wait to hear from some of them.

Hold your outrage until we get the facts Trumpkins.

What about this?

If I leave a laptop with unencrypted Personal Identifiable Information of my clients underneath the seat of my car while eating dinner with my family and someone breaks into my car, steals the laptop, and uses that PII to commit identity theft my ass is charged with a felony, I could be fined up to fifty grand and sentenced to one year in jail. But if I leave my freakin gun underneath the seat and some yahoo steals it and later, it ends up killing someone. Nothing. I get NOTHING. That is FUBARED.

The accused did not break into the vehicle.

I wonder why you need to lie so much. Over 20,000 of those gun deaths are suicide. As we see in Japan, where guns are banned, those who wish to commit suicide will do so, as evidenced by their much higher suicide rate.

Japan is a culture where suicide is accepted and even considered honorable. Ours isn't.

Point is, 33K deaths by gun a year. Yet this one is awful to you.

All murders are awful. The fact that she was an accomplished young woman, who was contributing to society, and had her life taken by a worthless piece of shit who should have not been in the country makes my blood boil. The fact that you seem to only care about criminals, and how to help them, merely shows you to be the worthless piece of dogshit that YOU are.

What about this?

How do you know. How about prosecuting the BLM agent who lost his gun? Seems only fair to me. If a private citizen lost their gun in that way they would be going to prison. I say that BLM moron needs to be sitting in a prison too.

[QU

Sorry, but this "crime" does not even meet the standard for involuntary manslaughter.

Only in Moon Bat world.

You are too stupid to even bother with, and you dishonor Robert E. Lee by using him as an avatar.

What about this?

No, he found the gun in a trash can and picked it up. What part of that action is "criminally negligent"? What part of that action was inherently dangerous to others or done with reckless disregard for human life?

Still an accident

There were 3 immgrants on the jury. Their legality had not been made public.

Had they been illegal they could NOT have been seated on a US jury - Jesus! :rolleyes-41:
Obviously I know that is the law but this is California we're talking about. Illegals are not allowed to vote in the United States but in California they are. Illegals are not welcome in the United States but in California they are. Illegals are not allowed to have bank accounts or enter contracts in the United States but in California they are.
There are MANY things illegals are forbidde from doing in the United States but in California they are.

What about this?

I can't imagine there are not rules for an agent leaving his service weapon in a car

I don't envision it would include leaving the weapon loaded and with no trigger lock

Obviously I know that is the law but this is California we're talking about. Illegals are not allowed to vote in the United States but in California they are. Illegals are not welcome in the United States but in California they are. Illegals are not allowed to have bank accounts or enter contracts in the United States but in California they are.There are MANY things illegals are forbidde from doing in the United States but in California they are.

You're a clueless Dufus most of the time dude - No ... Illegals are NOT allowed to vote in California

FALSE: California Passed a Law Allowing Undocumented Immigrants to Vote in Federal Elections

As for jury seating - even LEGAL immigrants who are not citizens can't sit on a jury in California:

California governor vetoes jury service for non-citizens

Any other ridiculous California urban legends you'd like me to dispel? :cool:

A single shot bounced off the sidewalk, traveled 80 feet and proved fatal

Hard to prove he intended to do that
Just as hard to prove he didn't...unless your jury has a bigger agenda than justice for Kate...

Forum List

Back