Kavanaugh accuser wants FBI investigation before hearing

Not with all that has come to light and Ford playing the Democrat Game

What "Democrat game" is Dr. Ford playing? Please enlighten us. Sounds to me like she wants facts before a hearing.

Where does she think they will find these "facts"? We're talking about what is essentially a thirty year or so old case of "she-said-he-said". Unless she has the proverbial blue dress hanging in her closet, photos, a corroborating witness, or a Disneyland ride line of women all making the same accusation, it's her word against his.

Now, don't misinterpret me, I'm not saying she's lying, and I'm not say he did or didn't do it. The fact is, none of us know, nor should we be drawing any conclusions based on unproven allegations. The fact that she apparently passed a lie detector test (inadmissible in a court of law) tells us one of three things, either she knows how to beat the test (given her education, entirely possible), or she believes what she is saying but is wrong and Kavanaugh wasn't involved (not beyond the realm of possibilities, people often remember events incorrectly), or it all happened the way she describes.

I'm curious as to why Professor Ford waited until now to speak out, why not torpedo his initial appointment to the bench?

At this point, I'm not caring one way or the other about his appointment.

I have a question for you, Lakhota: Are you even a little bit bothered by Diane Feinstein's withholding the letter, which all reports say she's had since July, until the 11th hour?
We do know. She's lying. That's as obvious as the sun rising in the East. You only help the barbarians by saying you don't know if she's lying.

So let the FBI investigate. Lying to the FBI is a felony.
That's purely a delaying tactic. If she doesn't want to testify Monday, let the vote proceed as scheduled.

Kreepy Kavanaugh is in a no-win situation - unless his name is completely cleared of sexual assault.

Actually, Ford is in the unenviable position where she'll have to put up or shut up. If she doesn't, Kavenaugh is in the clear.

Admit reality. There is no way you will accept his innocence unless she fully recants the whole thing.
More importantly, if the Pubs don't accede to a brief pause to investigate further, they generate horrible optics for the mid-terms.
More importantly, if the Pubs don't accede to a brief pause to investigate further, they generate horrible optics for the mid-terms.

Yes. At a time when suburban, college educated women are fleeing the GOP in droves.
Huh, wrong. A majority of suburban women voted for Trump, dumbass.

Ford’s lawyers released a letter to committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), CNN reported, calling for an investigation to “ensure the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner and that the committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decision.”

Speaking with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Tuesday, attorney Lisa Banks reiterated that her client was “prepared to cooperate with the committee and with any law enforcement investigation.”

Christine Blasey Ford Calls On FBI To Investigate Kavanaugh Accusation Before Hearing

Good for her! Even Kavanaugh should want a thorough investigation - otherwise this cloud of doubt and suspicion will hang over him.

The Republicans on the Judiciary Committee offered Dr. Ford the opportunity to testify in public or private.
Her lawyer suggested, "six days was too short to prepare".

How long does it take to prepare to tell the truth?

She had months since she sent the letter. She had to know there was a very good chance she would have to back up her accusation. She's had plenty of time.

There is nothing to investigate. There is no scene of the crime to examine. There are no witnesses to interview. There isn't even a time frame to determine the whereabouts of the parties. It's a phony story.
Yeah, sure, maybe to you.

Kreepy Kavanaugh is in a no-win situation - unless his name is completely cleared of sexual assault.

Actually, Ford is in the unenviable position where she'll have to put up or shut up. If she doesn't, Kavenaugh is in the clear.

Admit reality. There is no way you will accept his innocence unless she fully recants the whole thing.

Yes. At a time when suburban, college educated women are fleeing the GOP in droves.
Huh, wrong. A majority of suburban women voted for Trump, dumbass.
But only because their husbands, brothers, uncles, cousins and sons made them. Just ask Hillary.

The Republicans on the Judiciary Committee offered Dr. Ford the opportunity to testify in public or private.

She had months since she sent the letter. She had to know there was a very good chance she would have to back up her accusation. She's had plenty of time.

My point here with her lawyer's comments doesn't really address the way the Democrats handled the situation.
My question was to how long it takes for someone to prepare to tell the truth, because telling the truth doesn't require strategy or preparation in a practical sense.

My point here with her lawyer's comments doesn't really address the way the Democrats handled the situation.
My question was to how long it takes for someone to prepare to tell the truth, because telling the truth doesn't require strategy or preparation in a practical sense.

While that is true, I can understand having practice sessions where she would be peppered by anticipated questions.

why does she need an investigation ahead of her telling her story? can you tell us? how would they have her information ahead of her giving the testimony? how? come on fk name the how here. This alone tells me she is lying.

While that is true, I can understand having practice sessions where she would be peppered by anticipated questions.

Whatever question is asked, will never change the truth of the answer.

Ford’s lawyers released a letter to committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), CNN reported, calling for an investigation to “ensure the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner and that the committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decision.”

Speaking with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Tuesday, attorney Lisa Banks reiterated that her client was “prepared to cooperate with the committee and with any law enforcement investigation.”

Christine Blasey Ford Calls On FBI To Investigate Kavanaugh Accusation Before Hearing

Good for her! Even Kavanaugh should want a thorough investigation - otherwise this cloud of doubt and suspicion will hang over him.

"Good for her! Anything she says or does is automatically 100% correct and courageous because POLITICS!"

No. Your entire post is 100% partisan bullshit and wrong on every single level. And frankly, the most awful and horrific thing about Ford's allegations is watching dinsingenuous pond scum like you preen and posture and pretend to give a rat's ass about doing the right thing, even if one generously assumes you would recognize the right thing if it fell on you.

1) Ford does not get to "call on" anyone for an investigation. At no point in the history of American law enforcement has the alleged victim been allowed to handpick who does and doesn't investigate the allegations.

2) Nothing Ford has alleged is in any way, shape, or form within the jurisdiction and job scope of the FBI.

3) Under the circumstances, there is not a single law enforcement entity in this country that would do a damned thing about her allegations, other than to possibly suggest she get some counseling. Allegations are too vague, time elapsed is too long, statute of limitations has run out.

4) Since literally the only official body in any position to investigate anything about her story at this point would be the Senate Judiciary Committee, her telling them, "You have to consider this and take it seriously . . . but I don't want to talk to you about it, and you can't make me!" is basically her saying, "Never mind, go on about your business."

Whatever question is asked, will never change the truth of the answer.

Again, true. But if I'm going on a job interview or giving testimony I'd like to have an idea what kind of questions to expect. Regardless, she's had plenty of time.

What "Democrat game" is Dr. Ford playing? Please enlighten us. Sounds to me like she wants facts before a hearing.

Sounds to me like she wants to delay by demanding a pointless investigation before the only investigation that has any power to actually do anything.

If there's nothing there...why NOT have an FBI investigation to show that??

Aside from the facts that 1) it's not the FBI's job, and 2) it would be impossible to investigate anything based on her own story?

Oh, and because allowing you leftists to get away with your sleazy delaying tactics for something that would be pointless is unacceptable.

Again, true. But if I'm going on a job interview or giving testimony I'd like to have an idea what kind of questions to expect. Regardless, she's had plenty of time.

It takes 10 seconds to tell someone to be honest, answer the questions you are asked to the best of your knowledge, and do not assume you know the intent of the person asking the question. You don't have to coach the truth, doing so is attempting to play with it.

Not to mention it humors me when an applicant thinks they know why I am asking them a questions, and thinks they know what I want in an answer. The truth would always serve them better, and doesn't require finessing.

uh-huh, we already talked about you carrying her water in your other thread when she wasn't going to testify on Monday.
She could enlighten the feds with additional facts (if she had any).
This comes down to her perjuring herself in front of congress....or not. She chose or not.
Her trying to delay the confirmation IS the Democrat Game, and has been since Diane held the letter for months.

Don't deny it, you only will look foolish.

You do realize that Dr. Ford only came forward after her name was leaked, don't you? That's when she came forward and said SHE wants to be the one to tell her story.

You do realize that I have no sympathy for someone dumb enough to write to a pair of Democrat politicians accusing a Supreme Court nominee of "attempted rape" - yeah, whatever - and then think that's going to be all there is to it and she's going to be allowed to anonymously go about her life. I actually doubt Ford IS that dumb. All of this has been about playing for time in a Hail Mary attempt to derail the confirmation.

Thank you for honestly admitting what your REAL intention was with this.

Except JUDGE Kavanaugh is in no such thing. You leftists don't seem to realize that you've overplayed your "Either you give us what we want, or we destroy you and take it" tactics so much that they just don't function any more. For your bullshit smears to yield the results you want, Republicans would have to give a fuck, and they just don't. This chick "felt compelled to say something"? Well, she'll either do it on the Committee's time table, or she'll be told, "Then I guess it didn't really matter to you, after all, so piss off". And then the confirmation will go forward anyway, and you leftists will spend many, MANY years trying to console yourselves over JUSTICE Kavanaugh's career on the Supreme Court by pretending that you somehow "proved" he was a sexual predator and calling him puerile names, and literally no one will listen to you or care. Exactly the way it happened with Justice Thomas, in fact.

There was a cloud of doubt and suspicion over the loathsome Clarence Thomas and he still got on the Bench, with his everlasting stench of his pubic hairs on Coke cans.

He got onto the bench because your attempt to create doubt and suspicion rang true to no one, just like now. And he continues there with absolutely no "stench" whatsoever, except the stench of your leftist despair at your helplessness.

Forum List

Back