🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kavanaugh/Ford Opinon threads from Saturday, Sept 23, 2018

Will Ford Actually Make The Hearing On Thursday?

• Yes

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So if Kavanaugh takes a poly and passes you'll declare him innocent?

I'll agree that the polygraph test isn't particulary useful in this instance.

If he takes a poly test and fails while Ford passed.....would you acknowledge that she's being honest?

Polygraphs are useless, toad. It's why they are not allowed as evidence in a court of law

Yeah, that's why the FBI routinely gives them as part of security clearances. Because they're 'useless'.

Sigh.......

No..... she had a polygraph under friendly circumstances, he would be under duress.....

Why would it be under duress? If Kavanaugh denies the charges as 'unequivicolly' as he claims, why wouldn't he want to take a polygraph?

Your ilk keep giving us one excuse after another why Kavanaugh shouldn't take a polygraph. It doesn't seem that you have much faith in his truthfulness.

The polygraph doesn't work. It can be easily beaten especially in a friendly atmosphere like Ford took hers....... How about she go under oath to the FBI and tell them her story...how about that....you go to jail for lying to the FBI, just ask Martha Stewart....

Little known fact, a polygraph can be beaten by a thumbtack in one's shoe.

Uh-huh. That's why the FBI uses polygraph tests in their security clearances.

Because they *don't* work, huh?

Yeah, that's why the FBI routinely gives them as part of security clearances. Because they're 'useless'.

Sigh.......
Bloodhounds have shown more credibility in court than the polygraph is allowed.

Buck v State

A Bloodhound's Evidence is Admissible in Court

Bloodhound law

This isn't a court. This is a public hearing. We have two accounts. One account is backed by a polygraph test affirming its honesty. The other is not, with a litany of excuses why polygraphs should be ignored.

It doesn't look like your ilk think Kavanaugh would pass. Ford already did.

This isn't a court. This is a public hearing. We have two accounts. One account is backed by a polygraph test affirming its honesty. The other is not, with a litany of excuses why polygraphs should be ignored.

Which still doesn't change the fact the law agrees bloodhounds are more credible than the polygraph.

Which still doesn't change the fact the law agrees bloodhounds are more credible than the polygraph.

This isn't a court room. This is a public hearing. And polygraph tests clearly have practical application or the FBI wouldn't use them in security clearances.

One account is backed by a passed polygraph indicating honesty.

One is not.

That’s because, for democrats, standards and morals only exist to use against people with standards and morals.

Naw, you see, Democrats don't use "morals and standards" to get stupid white people to vote against their own economic interests.

But, yeah, when we catch one of your guys doing something he shouldn't be doing, it's always instructive.

And the Republicans need to stop playing their game and call the vote!

Yes, ignoring a woman's claims of abuse works really well for you guys.

Hey, remember when you all did that in 1991, and took a shellacking in 1992?
Yeah, but they still got a right winger on the bench for a generation - in fact he's still there today. That's all that really matters to them. Kavanaugh could be guilty of this alleged attempted rape but repugs will give him a pass because they'll get another right winger on the bench for 20+ years. Someone who will reliably vote against individual rights, and in favor of corporations and moneyed interests.

uh-huh. i pity any so called 'conservatives' on this this thread. hopefully none of you have daughters.

i wonder if any of that ilk also believe that a 'man' shouldn't be charged with raping his wife after she refuses him.... that rape doesn't exist in a 'marriage'.

You voted for Bill Clinton, didn’t you?

Hmmmm, let's see. He's black, he's Muslim so it's crickets.

Where is the #MeToo movement ? Crickets.

Keith Ellison allegations of abuse from Karen Monahan aren't going away - CNNPolitics

The allegations of abuse against Keith Ellison aren't going away

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 1:51 PM ET, Fri September 21, 2018

180813135743-rep-keith-ellison-kfile-exlarge-169.jpg

(CNN)Back in August, the son of a former girlfriend of Rep. Keith Ellison alleged that the Minnesota Democrat had abused his mother in the course of that relationship.

Austin Monahan said he found a video on his mother's computer showing that Ellison had forcefully tried to drag her off of a bed while swearing at her. Ellison denied the allegations and suggested they were politically motivated -- coming just days before Minnesota's Democratic primary for attorney general.
"Karen and I were in a long-term relationship which ended in 2016, and I still care deeply for her well-being," Ellison said at the time. "This video does not exist because I never behaved in this way, and any characterization otherwise is false."
  • the-point-small.png

So if Kavanaugh takes a poly and passes you'll declare him innocent?

If he takes a poly test and fails while Ford passed.....would you acknowledge that she's being honest?

Polygraphs are useless, toad. It's why they are not allowed as evidence in a court of law

Sigh.......

No..... she had a polygraph under friendly circumstances, he would be under duress.....

Why would it be under duress? If Kavanaugh denies the charges as 'unequivicolly' as he claims, why wouldn't he want to take a polygraph?

Your ilk keep giving us one excuse after another why Kavanaugh shouldn't take a polygraph. It doesn't seem that you have much faith in his truthfulness.

The polygraph doesn't work. It can be easily beaten especially in a friendly atmosphere like Ford took hers....... How about she go under oath to the FBI and tell them her story...how about that....you go to jail for lying to the FBI, just ask Martha Stewart....

Then why does the FBI routinely use polygraphs in security clearances?

Again, you're just coming up with one hapless excuse why Kavanaugh shouldn't take a polygraph after another.

It doesn't look like you think Kavanaugh would pass. While Ford already did.

Ford took the polygraph at a time and place of her choosing in a relaxed, comfortable environment.

Kavanaugh is already accused of rape of a 15 year old girl, and if he fails the polygraph, even if he is innocent......not only will he not become a Supreme Court Justice, he will be smeared as a rapist for the rest of his life...

Gee, you dumb ass......see the fucking difference?

This isn't a court room. This is a public hearing. And polygraph tests clearly have practical application or the FBI wouldn't use them in security clearances.

One is not.

Which still doesn't change the fact a bloodhound is more credible than the polygraph. You will never change that fact by applying a different setting, because the bloodhound and the polygraph will still be the same.

That’s because, for democrats, standards and morals only exist to use against people with standards and morals.

Naw, you see, Democrats don't use "morals and standards" to get stupid white people to vote against their own economic interests.

But, yeah, when we catch one of your guys doing something he shouldn't be doing, it's always instructive.

Yeah, but they still got a right winger on the bench for a generation - in fact he's still there today. That's all that really matters to them. Kavanaugh could be guilty of this alleged attempted rape but repugs will give him a pass because they'll get another right winger on the bench for 20+ years. Someone who will reliably vote against individual rights, and in favor of corporations and moneyed interests.

Condidering he isn't guilty of anything, yet keith ellison, sherrod brown, cory booker and bob menendez are all accused of actual crimes against women....and you guys don't care right now......and then you have bill clinton, accused of 3 rapes and you trot him out as an honored hero.....

Clean up your own filth before you falsely accuse a good man....you asswipe.

One is not.

Which still doesn't change the fact a bloodhound is more credible than the polygraph. You will never change that fact by applying a different setting, because the bloodhound and the polygraph will still be the same.

The practical utility of polygraphs is demonstrated by their use by the FBI in security clearances.

One account is backed by a polygraph.

One is not.

Hmmmm, let's see. He's black, he's Muslim so it's crickets.

Where is the #MeToo movement ? Crickets.

Keith Ellison allegations of abuse from Karen Monahan aren't going away - CNNPolitics

The allegations of abuse against Keith Ellison aren't going away

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 1:51 PM ET, Fri September 21, 2018

180813135743-rep-keith-ellison-kfile-exlarge-169.jpg

(CNN)Back in August, the son of a former girlfriend of Rep. Keith Ellison alleged that the Minnesota Democrat had abused his mother in the course of that relationship.

Austin Monahan said he found a video on his mother's computer showing that Ellison had forcefully tried to drag her off of a bed while swearing at her. Ellison denied the allegations and suggested they were politically motivated -- coming just days before Minnesota's Democratic primary for attorney general.
"Karen and I were in a long-term relationship which ended in 2016, and I still care deeply for her well-being," Ellison said at the time. "This video does not exist because I never behaved in this way, and any characterization otherwise is false."
  • the-point-small.png

There may be a time thing going on. That or the guy just isn't being voted onto the supreme court or his defenders aren't as interesting as Trump.

FWIW, I say if either is guilty, do the right thing.

Sigh.......

Then why does the FBI routinely use polygraphs in security clearances?

Again, you're just coming up with one hapless excuse why Kavanaugh shouldn't take a polygraph after another.

It doesn't look like you think Kavanaugh would pass. While Ford already did.

Ford took the polygraph at a time and place of her choosing in a relaxed, comfortable environment.

Kavanaugh is already accused of rape of a 15 year old girl, and if he fails the polygraph, even if he is innocent......not only will he not become a Supreme Court Justice, he will be smeared as a rapist for the rest of his life...

Gee, you dumb ass......see the fucking difference?

And exactly as I predicted....yet more excuses why Kavanaugh shouldn't take a polygraph, despite Ford already passing one.

Your ilk doesn't seem to have much faith that Kavanaugh would pass. While Ford already did.

Condidering he isn't guilty of anything, yet keith ellison, sherrod brown, cory booker and bob menendez are all accused of actual crimes against women....and you guys don't care right now......and then you have bill clinton, accused of 3 rapes and you trot him out as an honored hero.....

Clean up your own filth before you falsely accuse a good man....you asswipe.
OK, I promise I won't support any of them for a seat on the Supreme Court just like I won't support your attempted rapist. :ahole-1:

But only if you're a Conservative, of course. I mean, of course.

This is your daily reminder that if you're a Democrat, you can beat up your girlfriend on Domestic Violence charges and the Left won't whisper a peep. Heck, you can engage in shenanigans in the Oval Office with an intern and be impeached and STILL be lauded as a great statesman decades later.

But if your record is spotless save for one woman who says, 36 years later, that you once did things with her she didn't like, when you were both drunk and you were 17--your ship is sunk. But again: only if you're Conservative. This would be laughed off if you were a Democrat, because of COURSE you did those things.

They'd call you Uncle Brett for it. Maybe they'd wonder why you didn't drive her into a lake.

'Drunken fumbling'?

Ford alleges that Kavanaugh pulled her into a room against her will, turned up the music so no one could hear her, held her down and covered her mouth when she tried to scream to the extent that she was afraid that he would inadvertantly kill her. This while trying to take off her swimsuit.

That's attempted forcible rape.

If you think that's even close to normal.....I'm sincerely sorry at what you must have had to endure to hold that perspective.

Welp, that makes me even less likely to believe a single word she says, even one. Because that very rarely happens out of nowhere. It's very very rarely great guy, great guy, great guy, TOTAL MONSTER, great guy, great guy.

And if he really pulled her into her room against her will--yep I think she would have told people at the time. You don't tell people about drunken fumbling. You do tell about attempted forcible rape.

That does it for me--she's actually lying.

Last edited:
But only if you're a Conservative, of course. I mean, of course.

This is your daily reminder that if you're a Democrat, you can beat up your girlfriend on Domestic Violence charges and the Left won't whisper a peep. Heck, you can engage in shenanigans in the Oval Office with an intern and be impeached and STILL be lauded as a great statesman decades later.

But if your record is spotless save for one woman who says, 36 years later, that you once did things with her she didn't like, when you were both drunk and you were 17--your ship is sunk. But again: only if you're Conservative. This would be laughed off if you were a Democrat, because of COURSE you did those things.

They'd call you Uncle Brett for it. Maybe they'd wonder why you didn't drive her into a lake.

'Drunken fumbling'?

Ford alleges that Kavanaugh pulled her into a room against her will, turned up the music so no one could hear her, held her down and covered her mouth when she tried to scream to the extent that she was afraid that he would inadvertantly kill her. This while trying to take off her swimsuit.

That's attempted forcible rape.

If you think that's even close to normal.....I'm sincerely sorry at what you must have had to endure to hold that perspective.

Welp, that makes me even less likely to believe a single word she says, even one. Because that very rarely out of nowhere. It's very very rarely great guy, great guy, great guy, TOTAL MONSTER, great guy, great guy.

And if he really pulled her into her room against her will--yep I think she would have told people at the time. You don't tell people about drunken fumbling. You do tell about attempted forcible rape.

That does it for me--she's actually lying.

She passed a polygraph test administered by a former FBI agent.

Forum List

Back