Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

One clarification here. As the freedom loving American I know that you are, you are referring to on public property, correct? Private owners should have the right to make whatever rules they want.

Yes. I wouldn't tell a person what he can or can't allow on his own property. However a private business open to the public i.e. restaurants, stores, theaters....etc should not be designated gun free zones. They only exception I would make is bars and clubs where the majority of the business is selling alcohol.

I fiercely disagree here LL. If a person owns a business, who are we to tell them what they can and can't do with that business? If the owner is an idiot liberal (not likely to happen anyway considering how dumb liberals are) who wants to ban guns and create a victim zone, that's there business. You and I have the freedom to not patron that victim zone (and we won't). Furthermore, those are the places which will experience the mass shootings and they will be put out of business from that anyway.

You don't have to hang Dumbocrats LL - just give them the freedom to hang themselves. It's just like here on USMB. They have the freedom to speak and all they do is expose their ignorance and contradict themselves. Not only would we be doing them a favor by silencing them, but we'd be despicable hypocrites like them. The freedom we scream about includes their freedom as well. And the beauty of freedom is that it allows idiots such as Dumbocrats to implode.

The government tells businesses what they can or cannot do all the time and I've never heard anyone here complain.

I think guns carried by lawful citizens should be allowed in any business that caters to the public. And luckily here in Texas you can in most places excluding bars but including the State Capitol.

The government tells businesses what they can or cannot do all the time and I've never heard anyone here complain.

:wtf:

I think guns carried by lawful citizens should be allowed in any business that caters to the public. And luckily here in Texas you can in most places excluding bars but including the State Capitol.

It's my property. I pay for it. Even now I have the right to tell anyone who does not behave according to my standards to leave, and I have the right to have them arrested if they return for trespassing. So you are actually going to strip more private property rights away then we have now. I pay the lease, it's ridiculous that I cannot say who can go on my property and what they are allowed to do. Now if they stay off my property, then sure, it's not my say any longer.

We have far more guns than any other society on earth but instead of having no crime, we are among the most violent of all advanced societies.

Violence has nothing to do with guns, it is people who have no value for the lives and property of others. Guns are nothing but tools, just like hammers and screwdrivers, all can do good things and all can kill. People like you make me want to go out and buy a few more guns.

For once you're right.

Guns have nothing to do with preventing violence.

What you said is not what Texas said. So if you were in the theater in aurora, the schools in Columbine, Blacksburg or Sandy Hook, The Washington Navy Yard ... when the shooting started, you'd seriously think thank God no one but the shooter has a gun, that isn't the way to prevent violence...

:rofl:

Another ignorant Dumbocrat pissed that they can't dispute the facts... :eusa_whistle:

Instead of packing their kids a lunch, mom's all across your world would pack them a piece. :lol:

Dressing them in Kevlar school uniforms...

Look at the Middle East....the answer to violence is NEVER more violence. It's a 2,000 year old example

Yet you don't have any solution other than rather than removing legal guns by banning them, we remove them with punitive taxes. There is no difference between those, when legal guns dry up criminals will simply buy illegal ones. You know, like kids buy all the pot they want now.

When you have a solution instead of just restating the obvious, that we all would like violence to go away, then let us know.

In other words you have no plan so try to deflect. Republicans DO have a plan, it is called loosening the laws on concealed carry and open carry, remove bans on types of legal weapons and magazines. It has been shown over and over that in States and cities with lenient firearm laws there is less crime.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

We have far more guns than any other society on earth but instead of having no crime, we are among the most violent of all advanced societies.

And the most murders are in the areas with the strictest gun laws. The facts don't match leftists ideology, then again, they never do.

And the most murders are in the areas with the strictest gun laws. The facts don't match leftists ideology, then again, they never do.

Just admit it, you need your guns because you've lost control of your society. Total Massive Breakdown. It's PREPPER TIME!!!!

Violence has nothing to do with guns, it is people who have no value for the lives and property of others. Guns are nothing but tools, just like hammers and screwdrivers, all can do good things and all can kill. People like you make me want to go out and buy a few more guns.

For once you're right.

What you said is not what Texas said. So if you were in the theater in aurora, the schools in Columbine, Blacksburg or Sandy Hook, The Washington Navy Yard ... when the shooting started, you'd seriously think thank God no one but the shooter has a gun, that isn't the way to prevent violence...

Actually that's exactly what I said. Violence will occur with or without guns if people aren't taught to respect the lives and property of others. It starts in our homes and schools and it's been lacking for the past several decades because candy assed liberals believe in coddling and drugging kids that can't behave. Teaching discipline and respect have to start early and reenforced throughout childhood and into adolescence. That's how we address the violence in our society, by reversing the trends the libs have been pushing for more than 40 years.

For once you're right.

Actually that's exactly what I said. Violence will occur with or without guns if people aren't taught to respect the lives and property of others. It starts in our homes and schools and it's been lacking for the past several decades because candy assed liberals believe in coddling and drugging kids that can't behave. Teaching discipline and respect have to start early and reenforced throughout childhood and into adolescence. That's how we address the violence in our society, by reversing the trends the libs have been pushing for more than 40 years.

We should take the guns you nuts want to give teachers and pistol whip anyone who talks during homeroom.

That'll show em.

We should take the guns you nuts want to give teachers and pistol whip anyone who talks during homeroom.

That'll show em.

No need, a good swat on the ass works just as well.

For once you're right.

Nor do they cause violence. As such, if you have a problem with crime, you should focus on finding anti-violence solutions, and stop worry about firearms.

For once you're right.

Nor do they cause violence. As such, if you have a problem with crime, you should focus on finding anti-violence solutions, and stop worry about firearms.

So when an innocent person gets shot, there should be no recourse built into the system except to sue the shooter for compensation?

For once you're right.

So when an innocent person gets shot, there should be no recourse built into the system except to sue the shooter for compensation?

Yeah there should. That innocent person should be able to defend themselves in the same manner. With a gun. It's as simple as that.

Yeah there should. That innocent person should be able to defend themselves in the same manner. With a gun. It's as simple as that.

So if you're walking down the street and forget to check your six and someone gets the drop on you and shoots you in the back of the head...it's your fault for not checking your six?

For once you're right.

More absurd BS because you have nothing left.

So if you're walking down the street and forget to check your six and someone gets the drop on you and shoots you in the back of the head...it's your fault for not checking your six?

Damn, now you're sounding like a child, setting new standards for the ridiculous.

What are you talking about? Did any of that gibberish make any sense to you?

Damn, now you're sounding like a child, setting new standards for the ridiculous.

The answer from you guys is constant vigilance and being able to defend yourself. Apparently anyone who gets shot is responsible for because they didn't shoot the other guy first.

It's ridiculous to think that guns make you safer given the statistics. It's also ridiculous that we expect the victims of gun violence to simply budget for the assault without any built-in system to compensate those who are wrongly shot.

Call me names all you wish...it's all you got left.

Just curious. For those of you who have been posting here for a while has any liberal among you actually come up with a plan?

Forum List

Back