Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

One's zip code is an excellent indicator of one's chances to become a contributing member of society.

Take a kid out of a poor neighborhood and put him in a middle class neighborhood.....and the chances that this kid becomes a burden on society go down exponentially.

Since we can't take all poor kids and move them in with rich kids.....we've got to find another way. How about making upward mobility MUCH more easily achieved?

If there weren't so many insecure people who were born and raised in some of the better zip codes......fooling themselves into believing that they got whet they are through hard work and great choices....and refusing to acknowledge that they were simply fortunate.....we might have already done what is needed.

Studies Suggest Economic Inequity Is Built Into and Worsened by School Systems

I agree. Sadly it's your left who block parents of kids in bad neighborhoods from choosing to put their kids in better schools through vouchers and force them to stay in their crappy neighborhood schools

Nope. Try again.

Um...you think Democrats aren't against vouchers? Don't keep up much, do you?

Vouchers are hardly a solution. That's simpleton stuff. That's where you fail.

So you support the point that getting kids into better schools is the solution yet you oppose helping or even allowing parents in poor neighborhoods to put their kids in better schools.

You're right, you are a clown. Promise me you'll never change the avatar. It's classic how often people self identify

Dummy. Let's make ALL THE SCHOOLS better. Then ALL THE KIDS get to go to good schools. While we are at it....let's make ALL THE NEIGHBORHOODS better.

Vouchers are a weak attempt to further segregate schools.

I agree that a better educational system would help. To say that it alone would solve the problem is a huge stretch. The problem with politicians is they don't know how to fix anything other than throwing money at it. Our investment in education is actually huge compared to the Western world, we're getting a terrible return for our money. Before throwing even more money at it, we need to focus on improving the system we have.

Any ideas on that?

Of course, money is thrown at problems without having an idea of how to do this.

What system do you mean? The political system? I agree, it should be more PR style. I've called for it a few times on here and generally get met with comments like "How am I supposed to know what PR is?" and other such statements from people who haven't been programmed how to think about PR, so instead they ignore it and go off back to their right v. left slap down that they carry out all the time.

The presidency certainly needs to be PR so that ALL people have a say in who the president is, not just those in certain states at certain times.

Even the concept of Congress is out dated now. Yes, in theory, the people have their representative in the House and the states have their two in the Senate, but really, these people have again been bought and again it's about two parties and nothing else. PR would help to allow more parties, however there needs to be a limit to how much money people can spend.

I agree. Sadly it's your left who block parents of kids in bad neighborhoods from choosing to put their kids in better schools through vouchers and force them to stay in their crappy neighborhood schools

Nope. Try again.

So you support the point that getting kids into better schools is the solution yet you oppose helping or even allowing parents in poor neighborhoods to put their kids in better schools.

You're right, you are a clown. Promise me you'll never change the avatar. It's classic how often people self identify

Dummy. Let's make ALL THE SCHOOLS better. Then ALL THE KIDS get to go to good schools. While we are at it....let's make ALL THE NEIGHBORHOODS better.

Moving poor kids into better schools further segregates them

:wtf:

That actually made sense to you, didn't it?

The #1 way to improve lots in life is to give people the chance to improve their own lot. Your no child gets ahead plan is programmed failure from the start, it's what we do now

I agree that a better educational system would help. To say that it alone would solve the problem is a huge stretch. The problem with politicians is they don't know how to fix anything other than throwing money at it. Our investment in education is actually huge compared to the Western world, we're getting a terrible return for our money. Before throwing even more money at it, we need to focus on improving the system we have.

Any ideas on that?

Of course, money is thrown at problems without having an idea of how to do this.

What system do you mean? The political system? I agree, it should be more PR style. I've called for it a few times on here and generally get met with comments like "How am I supposed to know what PR is?" and other such statements from people who haven't been programmed how to think about PR, so instead they ignore it and go off back to their right v. left slap down that they carry out all the time.

The presidency certainly needs to be PR so that ALL people have a say in who the president is, not just those in certain states at certain times.

Even the concept of Congress is out dated now. Yes, in theory, the people have their representative in the House and the states have their two in the Senate, but really, these people have again been bought and again it's about two parties and nothing else. PR would help to allow more parties, however there needs to be a limit to how much money people can spend.

Not sure what that has to do with the education system exactly, but the biggest issue are government teacher unions. They impede all reform. You need to start with accountability, and they fight it tooth and nail

Not sure what that has to do with the education system exactly, but the biggest issue are government teacher unions. They impede all reform. You need to start with accountability, and they fight it tooth and nail

Yeah, well, just like everything in the US, everyone's out for their slice of the pie. It's like dictators in Africa.

Yeah, well, just like everything in the US, everyone's out for their slice of the pie. It's like dictators in Africa.

Everyone wanting their best deal is normal. What is not normal is government interfering and picking favorites. Government giving unions artificial power is the issue. "artificial" power meaning non market power

Everyone wanting their best deal is normal. What is not normal is government interfering and picking favorites. Government giving unions artificial power is the issue. "artificial" power meaning non market power

Sure. Other countries manage to have teaching unions who are actually in favor of better educational standards. But then again the whole thing seems to fit in perfectly well with the whole "can't do" American political attitude.

Then again we're back to blaming those in charge for being totally incapable of running the country.

Nope. Try again.

The #1 way to improve lots in life is to give people the chance to improve their own lot. Your no child gets ahead plan is programmed failure from the start, it's what we do now

I don't think you read what he wrote.

You make poor schools now into schools that have teaching that is just as good as good schools now.

HOW TO KEEP GUNS FROM CRIMINALS

start executing those who use a gun in committing a crime involving murder and/or serious bodily injury as soon as convicted, like the next day !! :up:

Sure. Other countries manage to have teaching unions who are actually in favor of better educational standards. But then again the whole thing seems to fit in perfectly well with the whole "can't do" American political attitude.

Then again we're back to blaming those in charge for being totally incapable of running the country.

Not me, I blame them for trying to run the country

You make poor schools now into schools that have teaching that is just as good as good schools now.

I addressed exactly what he wrote, he traps kids in the crappy schools hoping they will get better. It's a terrible thing to do to the kids who's parents care

I addressed exactly what he wrote, he traps kids in the crappy schools hoping they will get better. It's a terrible thing to do to the kids who's parents care

"crappy schools" are "crappy" because of the way they're being run.

What needs to happen is a lot of knowledge exchange. So you get principles who are very good at taking poor schools and turning them around helping other principles who are less knowledgeable about this.

You give them the resources to succeed with this knowledge too.

Schools need to get better. A school itself is just a building, what makes a school successful is not necessarily the building but the leadership, the teaching, the ability to get kids on board by being pro-active and make the kids feel like they're succeeding and also to have them succeeding.

What?

What needs to happen is a lot of knowledge exchange. So you get principles who are very good at taking poor schools and turning them around helping other principles who are less knowledgeable about this.

Schools need to get better. A school itself is just a building, what makes a school successful is not necessarily the building but the leadership, the teaching, the ability to get kids on board by being pro-active and make the kids feel like they're succeeding and also to have them succeeding.

And then the union steps in to protect bad teachers.....and there is no accountability for spending money, they lose it, steal it or waste it....don't forget those things....and they are the biggest reason you have a problem with education.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Nope. Try again.

No...vouchers desegregate schools.....that is why obama cancelled the voucher program that let poor kids to to Sidwell Friends, the school his daughters go to.....

I agree. But the problem is that LoneLaugher and the left say let's allow teacher unions who are locking the current system in place to continue to do so and trap even the kids of parents trying to do something to help their own children in place. You willing to take on the Democrats on those?

Sure. Other countries manage to have teaching unions who are actually in favor of better educational
standards. But then again the whole thing seems to fit in perfectly well with the whole "can't do" American political attitude.

What?

Really? Even re-reading it you didn't get that?

I don't want politicians running the country, I want us to run our own lives. And the country does nothing but benefit when we do that

I agree. But the problem is that LoneLaugher and the left say let's allow teacher unions who are locking the current system in place to continue to do so and trap even the kids of parents trying to do something to help their own children in place. You willing to take on the Democrats on those?

Someone should, otherwise the US is headed for the stinkhole. I'm not so worried about that, every country that rises must fall, and they all fall for similar reasons to this.

Really? Even re-reading it you didn't get that?

I don't want politicians running the country, I want us to run our own lives. And the country does nothing but benefit when we do that

No, it could have meant a whole host of things. Your point wasn't clear in the slightest.

You want us to run our lives? That works on a certain level. Ie, people should be able to have the govt not interfere in their lives.

However there are times when you need something like the govt to make sure things work.

The biggest problem in the US and other countries is that people go into politics for the wrong reasons.

Some countries manage to have govts that actually give a damn about the people and make life better.

Forum List

Back