Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Canada, Australia and the UK all have gun laws that we could rely on as positive foreign models. They are not perfect, and gun crimes exist there, but not to the extent they do here. Guns are everywhere in America, and so is gun violence. It's not some amazing coincidence.
I'm just wondering how long a so-called liberal could go without uttering the phrase "gun violence".

Europeans have a different criminal culture....their criminals get guns as easily as ours do and seem to prefer fully automatic rifles....but they use them less....of course Europe has a history of their governments murdering their own citizens to the tune of over 12 million people....but we aren't supposed to look at organized government murder in their numbers....

Will you stop trying to pass off stuff you made up as the truth. We've been through this. Criminals don't get guns "as easily" in Europe, I showed you that prices will generally be much higher for criminals in Europe to get guns than guns in the US go for.

Before your thing was that Europe was more pacific, now you've changed your tune to they're different because govts murder their own people. Either way it still makes no sense at all to how criminals act in the present day.

I have posted articles quoting European law enforcement saying that guns are easily acquired...it isn't me saying it. and Europe is still less violent, except Britain, they just don't choose to use guns in their crime......they easily get guns....Europe is awash in guns...

I agree. But the problem is that LoneLaugher and the left say let's allow teacher unions who are locking the current system in place to continue to do so and trap even the kids of parents trying to do something to help their own children in place. You willing to take on the Democrats on those?

Someone should, otherwise the US is headed for the stinkhole. I'm not so worried about that, every country that rises must fall, and they all fall for similar reasons to this.

Yes, you rise through achievement, then the leeches and parasites take over and vote themselves other people's money and act as if they deserve it. We call them Democrats. Though Republicans aren't much better. RKM Brown thinks not giving people other people's money is authoritarian

The Republicans aren't better in any way at all.

Part of the problem in the US is the Republicans not spending money on things that need money spending on them.

Like what? You really don't like coming down from 50K feet with your positions, do you?

A discussion with you is like asking what you want for dinner and you confirm that yes, you do want to have dinner

Canada, Australia and the UK all have gun laws that we could rely on as positive foreign models. They are not perfect, and gun crimes exist there, but not to the extent they do here. Guns are everywhere in America, and so is gun violence. It's not some amazing coincidence.
I'm just wondering how long a so-called liberal could go without uttering the phrase "gun violence".

Europeans have a different criminal culture....their criminals get guns as easily as ours do and seem to prefer fully automatic rifles....but they use them less....of course Europe has a history of their governments murdering their own citizens to the tune of over 12 million people....but we aren't supposed to look at organized government murder in their numbers....

Will you stop trying to pass off stuff you made up as the truth. We've been through this. Criminals don't get guns "as easily" in Europe, I showed you that prices will generally be much higher for criminals in Europe to get guns than guns in the US go for.

Before your thing was that Europe was more pacific, now you've changed your tune to they're different because govts murder their own people. Either way it still makes no sense at all to how criminals act in the present day.

I have posted articles quoting European law enforcement saying that guns are easily acquired...it isn't me saying it. and Europe is still less violent, except Britain, they just don't choose to use guns in their crime......they easily get guns....Europe is awash in guns...
I've been ignorant of this. Thanx!

Despite the ignorance of the left, as Europe is becoming more heterogeneous gun violence also keeps escallating

Here you go...from Europe on easy access to guns...

This story tracks gun smuggling in Europe.....lots of it....

European Police Face Being Outgunned by Jihadists WIth Assault Rifles

French police believe rifles are on sale in French cities for between €1,000 and €1,500. Earlier this month, Philippe Capon, head of the French police union UNSA, told Bloomberg News, “The French black market for weapons has been inundated with eastern European war artillery and arms.” A French police source told TIME that the weapons from the Charlie Hebdoattack came from the Balkans.

That is not the only source of weaponry. Donald says he fears that the continent might be facing a fresh influx of weapons from North Africa in the wake of the Arab Spring revolts. In August, 2011, Libyan rebels looted large quantities of mortars, tank shells and other munitions when Moammar Gaddafi’s regime collapsed. Although most of those weapons are believed to have filtered across North and West Africa, some could also have made their way to Europe.

aanother story on ease terrorists get guns....

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard but terrorists have little trouble - The Washington Post

There’s a book about 1,000 pages thick,” said Tonni Rigby, one of only two licensed firearms dealers in Copenhagen. “You have to know all of it.”

But if you want an illicit assault rifle, such as the one used by a 22-year-old to rake a Copenhagen cafe with 28 bullets on Saturday, all it takes are a few connections and some cash.

“It’s very easy to get such a weapon,” said Hans Jorgen Bonnichsen, a former operations director for the Danish security service PET. “It’s not only a problem for Denmark. It’s a problem for all of Europe.”

None of those countries have to spend money on their own self defense...they all look to the U.S. To keep the peace...and pay for it....how generous could their welfare states be if they had to all have viable militarized to keep them safe....? And if their men and women had to enlist in large numbers to keep their countries safe....?

and I posted an article that pointed out that the glories of these countries. Welfare states are a myth...they are creating welfare dependent a who won't work, and have to import foreign workers to get their jobs done.....and those workers come from violent countries that have cultures hostile to Euopean cultures and values and you will see an surge in violence in the next 10 years or so......

None of these countries have to spend on their self defense, supposedly, because they don't go invading countries like Iraq.

The US doesn't spend most of its military money on self defense. It spends it on being an aggressive war monger.

In per capita spending, Norway is 6th, Denmark is 14th in the world, Holland 15th, Finland 16th, Sweden 17th, Germany 20th, Switzerland 21st, Belgium 22nd, Spending is about 1/4 to 1/3 what the US spends.

Norway only spends less than the US, Israel, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

Oh, another one of your made up theories which, when facts are presented, falls apart so quickly.

Oh, so your argument is that countries which have had welfare systems in place for a long time, will see (ie, aren't seeing now, because hell, that would require proof, let's pretend the future holds something different) a rise in crime that you can't prove.

The fact is these countries care about their people. Yes, there are problems with a welfare state that causes problems. However that's better than having a system where inner city gangs are being bred so the country can lock these people up.

This is how easy it is to get an illegal, fully auto rifle in Europe....

As Europe struggles to crack down on illegal weapons, some police recruits face a new training exercise: Go buy a Kalashnikov rifle. Donald says that in “a city in Europe,” which he would not name, “very young officers with no training or experience” were recently told to go find an assault weapon on the streets from an illegal arms dealer. “One came back two hours later with an AK-47,” Donald says. “He bought it for €1,000.”

So please......tell them they are wrong and you are right....

Despite the ignorance of the left, as Europe is becoming more heterogeneous gun violence also keeps escallating

Is it? Can you prove this in any way?

Police winning battle against inner city gun crime - Crime - UK - The Independent

Then I guess these reports from the UK of dropping gun crime are just made up stuff then?

None of those countries have to spend money on their own self defense...they all look to the U.S. To keep the peace...and pay for it....how generous could their welfare states be if they had to all have viable militarized to keep them safe....? And if their men and women had to enlist in large numbers to keep their countries safe....?

and I posted an article that pointed out that the glories of these countries. Welfare states are a myth...they are creating welfare dependent a who won't work, and have to import foreign workers to get their jobs done.....and those workers come from violent countries that have cultures hostile to Euopean cultures and values and you will see an surge in violence in the next 10 years or so......

None of these countries have to spend on their self defense, supposedly, because they don't go invading countries like Iraq.

The US doesn't spend most of its military money on self defense. It spends it on being an aggressive war monger.

In per capita spending, Norway is 6th, Denmark is 14th in the world, Holland 15th, Finland 16th, Sweden 17th, Germany 20th, Switzerland 21st, Belgium 22nd, Spending is about 1/4 to 1/3 what the US spends.

Norway only spends less than the US, Israel, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

Oh, another one of your made up theories which, when facts are presented, falls apart so quickly.

Oh, so your argument is that countries which have had welfare systems in place for a long time, will see (ie, aren't seeing now, because hell, that would require proof, let's pretend the future holds something different) a rise in crime that you can't prove.

The fact is these countries care about their people. Yes, there are problems with a welfare state that causes problems. However that's better than having a system where inner city gangs are being bred so the country can lock these people up.

Yes....tell me that in 10 years....when the inner city gangs in Europe are muslims from violent 3rd world countries....and don't go to Marseille...their criminals use fully automatic rifles......

Police winning battle against inner city gun crime - Crime - UK - The Independent

Then I guess these reports from the UK of dropping gun crime are just made up stuff then?

They have a major police scandal going on, they are underreporting their violent crime numbers....and they are 2 times as violent as the U.S. after their gun ban.......

LOL. I'm in the Netherlands right now. I'm working on a project and spend half my time here and half at home in the US.

They say their politicians all talk differently, but they don't do that much differently. And when they come to each election they keep promising the same things they promised in the last election without explaining why they never did it.

Sound familiar? Your trust in politicians is staggeringly naive

As Europe struggles to crack down on illegal weapons, some police recruits face a new training exercise: Go buy a Kalashnikov rifle. Donald says that in “a city in Europe,” which he would not name, “very young officers with no training or experience” were recently told to go find an assault weapon on the streets from an illegal arms dealer. “One came back two hours later with an AK-47,” Donald says. “He bought it for €1,000.”

Oh, so one did. Therefore it's easy for all criminals. Especially criminals who don't have one thousand euros to their name.

I didn't say it wasn't possible to get guns. We've been through this before and you keep coming back with ONE EXAMPLE of someone getting a gun, and making no comparison with how easy it might be in the US to do the same thing.

You say this "very young officer" had "no training or experience", no training or experience with what? For all you know he might just have known people, or something else similar.

Again, for criminals in europe guns are generally going to cost more. That doesn't mean in every case this is going to be so, but on the whole it will be so. Also, it will be harder to get guns. Doesn't mean it will be impossible, it means it will be HARDER.

I agree with you in the part that I'm against invading Iraq and that's a big waste of money. But your view about how little the actual defense part costs is overstated. We are a global power, the cost is higher than you give credit to the underlying defense.

They have a major police scandal going on, they are underreporting their violent crime numbers....and they are 2 times as violent as the U.S. after their gun ban.......

And you're making no assumptions that the US, in comparison with Europe, that the US isn't underreporting violent crimes. Jeez. Again, we've been through this and I've shown you the differences between violent crime reporting in the US and Europe and how in Europe rape is a violent crime, and, for example, in the US most rape is simply NOT REPORTED because the US isn't very good at getting rape to stick in court, whereas European countries are more likely to do so so women are more likely to report it.

It's like you conveniently forget everything anyone ever tells you and you go off peddling the same crap you were trying to get away with the time before.

Oh, so one did. Therefore it's easy for all criminals. Especially criminals who don't have one thousand euros to their name.

I didn't say it wasn't possible to get guns. We've been through this before and you keep coming back with ONE EXAMPLE of someone getting a gun, and making no comparison with how easy it might be in the US to do the same thing.

You say this "very young officer" had "no training or experience", no training or experience with what? For all you know he might just have known people, or something else similar.

Again, for criminals in europe guns are generally going to cost more. That doesn't mean in every case this is going to be so, but on the whole it will be so. Also, it will be harder to get guns. Doesn't mean it will be impossible, it means it will be HARDER.

Again....tell the European law enforcement they are wrong and you are right...they said it...not me....did you read the whole article...and it is a big business for criminal gangs over there.....

And Australia has seen a spike in gun crime......I've posted that too......doubt Australian news services too why don't you....

And you're making no assumptions that the US, in comparison with Europe, that the US isn't underreporting violent crimes. Jeez. Again, we've been through this and I've shown you the differences between violent crime reporting in the US and Europe and how in Europe rape is a violent crime, and, for example, in the US most rape is simply NOT REPORTED because the US isn't very good at getting rape to stick in court, whereas European countries are more likely to do so so women are more likely to report it.

It's like you conveniently forget everything anyone ever tells you and you go off peddling the same crap you were trying to get away with the time before.

I agree with you in the part that I'm against invading Iraq and that's a big waste of money. But your view about how little the actual defense part costs is overstated. We are a global power, the cost is higher than you give credit to the underlying defense.

Europe doesn't guard Asia, they don't keep the sea lanes safe.....

European countries also don't have open borders like the US does where people can walk across them freely carrying drugs, guns, whatever they want

Europe doesn't guard Asia, they don't keep the sea lanes safe.....

They don't even fully defend themselves

I'm not sure what you mean here. So, the US is a global power which spends a hell of a lot of money on its military. How much was spent on Iraq and Afghanistan? How much is spent keeping Israel's military up too? That's like $4 billion a year.

In the Cold War it wasn't the US which was facing threat of invasion, it was Europe, mostly Germany and military spending reflected this. However Europe has become closer since, with very few countries being outside of the loop, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine sometimes, and not many others to be honest. So what's with the need for defense spending when the threat is so low. The biggest threat to Europe has come from the fallout of the Iraq war.

that doesn't contradict what I said

Forum List

Back