Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

11 essential facts about guns and mass shootings in the United States - The Washington Post

3. Active shooter events have become more common in recent years.

Not true.....that FBI report was flawed and has been exposed as a flawed paper.....research shows that there hasn't been an increase and these incidents have stayed the same....

Your evidence is missing and less than convincing, much like everyone of your posts.

Yeah...wrong again...

FBI figures tweaked to show phony increase in mass shootings report says Fox News

"The FBI put out a clearly incorrect set of numbers on public shootings shortly before the November election last year,” said Lott, a frequent opinion writer for FoxNews.com and author of "More Guns, Less Crime." “I have been reading FBI reports for 30 years and I have never seen anything like this.It is one thing for the Bureau of Justice Statistics or the National Institute of Justice to put out politically biased studies, but there has always been a Chinese wall separating the FBI raw data collection from political pressures.”

yes...the administration that used the IRS and other agencies to target political opponents, and sold guns to Mexican drug cartels....would never stoop to making a fake report to push gun control.....

11 essential facts about guns and mass shootings in the United States - The Washington Post

3. Active shooter events have become more common in recent years.

Not true.....that FBI report was flawed and has been exposed as a flawed paper.....research shows that there hasn't been an increase and these incidents have stayed the same....

Your evidence is missing and less than convincing, much like everyone of your posts.

And here is USA today showing the study was stupid...and political...

USA TODAY research reveals flaws in mass-killing data

To get a more accurate count, USA TODAY began with 156 such incidents reported to the FBI from 2006-11. But after investigating each one and finding others missing, USA TODAY found the FBI data had an accuracy rate of just 61%, throwing doubt on conclusions that might be drawn from analyzing it.

For example, a mass killing in Samson and Kinston, Ala., in 2009 is not included in the FBI data. In that case, a man killed his mother, set her body on fire, then killed nine other people before he committed suicide at his former workplace.

In another incident, the FBI data included the deaths of two adults and three children in a Cleveland suburb in 2009, shot to death by a 28-year-old man. There was a drive-by shooting at that date and time, but no one was killed.

The FBI's data, known as the Supplemental Homicide Report, is considered the primary list of U.S. homicides by law enforcement agencies and academics studying violence. Most of the problem, researchers say, is because of mistakes made by the local police agencies who voluntarily submit their reports to the FBI.

The FBI acknowledges the data is flawed. In an effort to improve it, the FBI will start making downloads available directly from its website starting in 2014, said FBI spokesman Stephen G. Fischer Jr.

So again...you were wrong....

417 pages and the following is proved:
  • The 2nd is NOT Sacrosanct
Not. That is a strawman you keep repeating. No one but you said criminals can gave guns Constitutionally. We keep saying you can remove the right to be armed like any other right, with due process. Gun ownership is no more or less protected than other Constitutional rights, only you say otherwise.

You came into this discussion with liberal, city snob bigotry over gun owners. You ran into a half dozen of us who are strong gun advocates, and the consistent discussion point was that all your bigotries were wrong. Yet your bigotries cannot be taken from your cold dead fingers, you continue to cling to them. You have done no learning here. The more wrong you are, the more smug you are about it
  • Extreme gun lovers equate gun control as tyranny
Yes, like freedom of speech, the right to a jury trial, etc. Exactly the view and even the word, tyranny, used by the founding fathers when they wrote those
  • Only criminals will have guns, if any effort to mitigate gun violence becomes law
That's your goal
  • Man is not free unless s/he is not armed at all times
that was a product of when you were taking heroin during the debate, it was the voices in your head. Let that one go
  • A trigger lock makes a gun as lethal as a wet noodle (not)
You willing to risk that with your life or your family's life on the line? You probably are, some of us are not.
  • M14 Shooter's skills to debate begin and end with spam
Puts him ahead of you. For you, debate begins and ends with your failure to grasp anyone's opinion but your own
  • 2aguy, Rabbi(t), M14 Shooter and Zimmerman should never own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun.
OK?
Idiot doesnt get that I'm an FFL.

FFL? Fully Flagrant Lunatic? Fearful Fascist Lunkhead?

^^
Continued proof of ignorance.

Informed guesses.

So I'm curious, do you think you've argued your case well? Arguments like when we point out no one was armed at Sandy Hook and you come back with we want "every 6 year old armed" and when we say due process of law can remove gun ownership rights and you keep informing us we want criminals to have guns. Do those arguments actually sound good to you?

So, my hometown is Kalamazoo, Michigan, which is where "kaz" comes from. I call it my me town because I was born there. LOL. I know that confuses Democrats.

So growing up there I had a lot of exposure to both city and country, it's a decent size down, but not huge so pretty much you left the city and it was country. I had actual experience with "gun cultures" rather than you watching the liberal media demogogue them. BTW, they had toasters too and they don't think of themselves as a "gun" culture any more than a "toaster" culture. They are just part of life. And they are overwhelmingly very responsible and take guns and gun safety very seriously.

The reason liberals are so ignorant is that even with the opportunity to ask us questions and get to know us like here, you endlessly tell us what we think, and you continue to do that no matter how many times you are told no, we don't think that. It's actually pretty funny how you then consider yourself the open minded one

^^
Continued proof of ignorance.

Informed guesses.

So I'm curious, do you think you've argued your case well? Arguments like when we point out no one was armed at Sandy Hook and you come back with we want "every 6 year old armed" and when we say due process of law can remove gun ownership rights and you keep informing us we want criminals to have guns. Do those arguments actually sound good to you?

So, my hometown is Kalamazoo, Michigan, which is where "kaz" comes from. I call it my me town because I was born there. LOL. I know that confuses Democrats.

So growing up there I had a lot of exposure to both city and country, it's a decent size down, but not huge so pretty much you left the city and it was country. I had actual experience with "gun cultures" rather than you watching the liberal media demogogue them. BTW, they had toasters too and they don't think of themselves as a "gun" culture any more than a "toaster" culture. They are just part of life. And they are overwhelmingly very responsible and take guns and gun safety very seriously.

The reason liberals are so ignorant is that even with the opportunity to ask us questions and get to know us like here, you endlessly tell us what we think, and you continue to do that no matter how many times you are told no, we don't think that. It's actually pretty funny how you then consider yourself the open minded one
They have no idea what gun culture looks like because their knowledge of guns comes from TV and movies. They cant imagine why anyone would want one unless they were a criminal.

Ending Prohibition should end much of the gun violence associated with it.

Prohibition ended in the 30s, which is the temperature where I am in Europe these days, it's very pleasant
Do you want the other half of my burger?

Veggie burger? Other than fish and seafood I don't eat meat
Thats a shame. A nice hamburger on a bun with a cold beer is one of life's great pleasures. But to each his own.
Is that an ethics based decision, a health based one, or somethng else?

Ending Prohibition should end much of the gun violence associated with it.

Prohibition ended in the 30s, which is the temperature where I am in Europe these days, it's very pleasant
Do you want the other half of my burger?

Veggie burger? Other than fish and seafood I don't eat meat
Thats a shame. A nice hamburger on a bun with a cold beer is one of life's great pleasures. But to each his own.
Is that an ethics based decision, a health based one, or somethng else?

Something else. I have spent my career in management and management consulting. I was in New York and just felt bloated, was working a tough project and not getting exercise. I just felt so full yet hungry at the same time, I went to an Indian restaurant and had a vegetarian meal, haven't had meat other than fish/seafood since. I just did, there is no justification for it. I love vegetarian food anyway and I won't ever quit eating fish and seafood. I don't eat them every meal or even every day

Here is the plan, at least one on the federal left is going to advance at any opportunity;

Our war on crime is a simple waste of the (other) Peoples' tax monies merely to favor capitalists who can afford to invest in State sponsored ventures in the private sector, due merely to legislative fiat rather than more faithful execution of our own laws.

A well regulated militia to ensure the security of a free State is a State's right secured by our Second Article of Amendment to our federal Constitution.

For police power purposes short of calling forth the militia, posse comitatus is the law of the land in most if not all States in our Republic; especially for juridical Persons considered specifically unconnected with militia service well regulated. Thus: Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Therefore; the judicature may better ensure the domestic Tranquility and security of our free States; and the betterment of our aqueducts and our roads; through Judicial forms of discretion regarding gun lovers who may present themselves for being infidel, protestant, or renegade and repugnant to that with is expressed as Good and not Bad for the People in our supreme laws of the land.

Gun lovers then presenting themselves for posse duty may help that branch of Government and potentially provide for a "select militia" in case of a general exigency.

David_42

So what's your plan, Stan, let's hear it? How you going to keep guns from criminals when we can't keep pot from high school kids? We have open borders, guns are not high tech and the country and world is full of them. You said we can do it, so what's you're proposal?

Forum List

Back