Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

It proves one thing, it created my support for laws to require trigger locks and other means to secure guns in homes, a law passed in and in the CA penal code. Something which would not occur to you and other callous conservatives devoid of empathy and something which gun lovers like you would oppose as an infringement on your rights.

It also makes gun owners criminally and civilly culpable, another thing for the NRA and its disciples to whine about.

and make a firearm about as useful as a wet noodle for self defense.

The law provides paranoids to carry a loaded weapon within their home. So it is legal to get up, put on your slippers and gun belt and have a nice day.

and if it's locked, either with a trigger lock or in a safe, it's about as useful as a wet noodle at 2am when someone comes in thru the window.

Lock your window and buy a dog, a dog is an early warning system and will give one time to grab their gun and kill someone. It's very unlikely a child will find your gun at 0200 under your mattress or pillow, and one can remove the trigger lock when they brush their teeth before retiring for the night. When at home and the gun is in their custody and control they are following the letter of the law.

How many times has someone entered your home in the middle of the night when you are home? A "Cat" burglar is a rare bread of criminal, I doubt you honestly know of anyone whose occupied home has been entered in the middle of the night. And, BTW, I support the 2nd in terms of responsible people protecting their home.

and yet you want to make their weapons all but useless.

That's exactly his plan. Make your gun unavailable outside your home and useless in it, then blame the dead bodies on us while his system was followed. What hasn't been explained is his objective in killing all those people

I always enjoy the pompous opinions and judgmental attitudes of liberal city snobs who know nothing about guns other than what you see on TV and in the liberal media. I'd tell the women I know who love guns that it's a phallic symbol, but they don't give a shit what you think either.

And here's the thing on your last sentence begging the question. You already got your way in Sandy Hook and the Aurora theater. Only the shooters had guns. How'd that work out for your looking down your haughty nose self superior attitude?

Do you suppose each 6 year old should have been armed, and the K teacher too? Or maybe an armed guard in every classroom on every campus in every state?

No, you wouldn't want to pay for that; it's better in the mind and black heart of the callous conservative/gun lovers that the deaths at Sandy Hook were simply the cost of liberty and freedom.
Liberals certainly see them as the cost of tyranny. The school was a gun-free zone. Which means the law abiding citizens were unarmed while the criminal was armed.
How'd that work out for everybody?
But liberals are fine with dead victims. It makes them feel so self righteous and empathetic. They dont do well with live heroes, like Chris Kyle. They feel bad for bad guys.

"liberals are fine with dead victims"? Are you so stupid that you feel anyone but others like you believe supporters of gun controls are all liberals, or any human being was fine with the horrific murders at Sandy Hook?

Of course you and the other gun lovers are distressed every time a mass murder takes place, not because innocent victims die, but because you will need to once again defend the insane gun policy which exists in our country.
Supporters of gun control are uniformly liberals. But not all liberals are in favor of gun control. I realize that distinction might tax your brain.
But look at the difference in reaction to the church shootings at the New Life Church in Colorado and the church in South Carolina. You'll probably have to google the New Life Church shootings because it was so under-reported.

How many meetings occur in every church in America everyday, and twice or more on Sunday? Pointing out a shooting where the crazed gunman was killed by a member of the church eight years ago is hardly convincing of anything beyond your desperate need to find some reason to attack efforts to reasonably mitigate gun violence in America.

Advocating for more guns iin the hands of more people is insane.

What is insane is your plan to advocate fewer guns in the hands of non-criminals while doing nothing about the guns in the hands of criminals. Now that is insane

No one has proved that gun controls have not prevented violence. Gun violence occurs everyday and most of the arguments against gun control are lies, or simply gun lovers parroting the lies of others.

Evidence?

Here's some, but the willfully ignorant will ignore the link below and/or dispute it based on its source. Keep in mind the gun lovers fail to provide any evidence to support what they commonly believe:

11 essential facts about guns and mass shootings in the United States - The Washington Post

Men and power issues, that is what this is really about. Guns are a phallic symbol. I have had men point a gun at me and have bullets in my house. That is really why I want gun control. It isn't to much to ask if people don't threaten other people with firearms anymore. All these mass shootings like Sandy Hook or Aurora theater shootings, enough is enough.

I always enjoy the pompous opinions and judgmental attitudes of liberal city snobs who know nothing about guns other than what you see on TV and in the liberal media. I'd tell the women I know who love guns that it's a phallic symbol, but they don't give a shit what you think either.

And here's the thing on your last sentence begging the question. You already got your way in Sandy Hook and the Aurora theater. Only the shooters had guns. How'd that work out for your looking down your haughty nose self superior attitude?

Do you suppose each 6 year old should have been armed, and the K teacher too? Or maybe an armed guard in every classroom on every campus in every state?

No, you wouldn't want to pay for that; it's better in the mind and black heart of the callous conservative/gun lovers that the deaths at Sandy Hook were simply the cost of liberty and freedom.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, every six year old should be armed. thank you for that contribution to the discussion. Obviously our choices are that guns are banned for everyone or we arm every six year old. And some people think you are just an idiot. I'm on that list
Where do I sign up?

I'm keeping it, just added you

One anecdotal story proves what in your mind exactly? Is that your standard for your own positions? That one anecdotal story torpedoes your arguments?

It proves one thing, it created my support for laws to require trigger locks and other means to secure guns in homes, a law passed in and in the CA penal code. Something which would not occur to you and other callous conservatives devoid of empathy and something which gun lovers like you would oppose as an infringement on your rights.

It also makes gun owners criminally and civilly culpable, another thing for the NRA and its disciples to whine about.

The law provides paranoids to carry a loaded weapon within their home. So it is legal to get up, put on your slippers and gun belt and have a nice day.

Most people have to leave home to work, shop, care for others or go to school. They need the ability protect themselves everywhere.

Guns & Ammo are not the problem, nutjobs are. Since neither party will allow a publicized list of nutjobs but democrats love to publicize gun owners list, nothing will change.

We need a registered nutjob list just like the registered sex offender list that can be accessed by smartphone so any citizen can make sure the person they know has a gun is competent & allowed to have it. This would have prevented Sandy Hook school shooting & many others.

The tyranny of the majority is your solution to gun violence in America. I hate to use the term, but methinks such a plan would have appealed to Hermann Goring - putting a tracking bracelet on all mentally ill is squarely in the realm of Statists.

Why does someone need to take a gun wherever they go? At this moment there are hundreds of thousands of people walking the streets of San Francisco, New York and Dallas. How many will need a gun today (2aguy believes 5,400 + unsworn citizens will use a gun for self defense today and everyday in the US this year).

:lol: "tyranny of the majority" :lol: 5% is not "tyranny of the majority" you frigging idiot.

No gun control can work unless citizens know who is not supposed to have them. Adam Lanza was not supposed to have a gun. How in the hell was people at the shooting range, neighbors, friends, family & others supposed to know he was not supposed to be practicing with, carrying or have access to guns.

No one has proved that gun controls have not prevented violence. Gun violence occurs everyday and most of the arguments against gun control are lies, or simply gun lovers parroting the lies of others.

Evidence?

Here's some, but the willfully ignorant will ignore the link below and/or dispute it based on its source. Keep in mind the gun lovers fail to provide any evidence to support what they commonly believe:

11 essential facts about guns and mass shootings in the United States - The Washington Post

There you go, the standard, you aren't convinced you have been proven wrong so you get your way.

The #1 proof you are wrong are all the violent crimes that are averted without a shooting.

Then there's the logic that government preventing you from defending yourself, your family and your property is an abomination to freedom.

The Constitution comes third, not first, the first two reasons are why it's there.

Not enough for you, is it? Nothing would be enough for you

Evidence?

Those "facts" are largely meaningless in this debate. And they are contradictory. They say, for instance, that a Harvard study shows more guns equals more murders.
And then they say we are getting safer as a society, despite there being more guns sold.
You understand that is contradictory, right?

Most people have to leave home to work, shop, care for others or go to school. They need the ability protect themselves everywhere.

Guns & Ammo are not the problem, nutjobs are. Since neither party will allow a publicized list of nutjobs but democrats love to publicize gun owners list, nothing will change.

We need a registered nutjob list just like the registered sex offender list that can be accessed by smartphone so any citizen can make sure the person they know has a gun is competent & allowed to have it. This would have prevented Sandy Hook school shooting & many others.

The tyranny of the majority is your solution to gun violence in America. I hate to use the term, but methinks such a plan would have appealed to Hermann Goring - putting a tracking bracelet on all mentally ill is squarely in the realm of Statists.

Why does someone need to take a gun wherever they go? At this moment there are hundreds of thousands of people walking the streets of San Francisco, New York and Dallas. How many will need a gun today (2aguy believes 5,400 + unsworn citizens will use a gun for self defense today and everyday in the US this year).

:lol: "tyranny of the majority" :lol: 5% is not "tyranny of the majority" you frigging idiot.

No gun control can work unless citizens know who is not supposed to have them. Adam Lanza was not supposed to have a gun. How in the hell was people at the shooting range, neighbors, friends, family & others supposed to know he was not supposed to be practicing with, carrying or have access to guns.

It amazes me that so many of the gun lovers need to call anyone who disagrees with them and supports efforts to mitigate gun violence idiots. Even some one who failed to graduate from high school must know such a response is at best childish.

BTW, there is a link attached to my post #4203. If you have the ability to read and comprehend, and then offer a thoughtful rebuttal to the link, you will become the only gun lover to respond as an educated, non hysterical adult on this thread.

Why was Adam Lanza not supposed to have a gun? As far as I know there was nothing in his record that would have prohibited him from buying one legally.
That is true for most of the notorious shooters, like the one in Aurora: they bought guns legally. No background check in the world would have made them prohibited.

Evidence?

Those "facts" are largely meaningless in this debate. And they are contradictory. They say, for instance, that a Harvard study shows more guns equals more murders.
And then they say we are getting safer as a society, despite there being more guns sold.

LOL, I understand you didn't think through you post. Think about it, and try again.

It amazes me that so many of the gun lovers need to call anyone who disagrees with them and supports efforts to mitigate gun violence idiots. Even some one who failed to graduate from high school must know such a response is at best childish.

BTW, there is a link attached to my post #4203. If you have the ability to read and comprehend, and then offer a thoughtful rebuttal to the link, you will become the only gun lover to respond as an educated, non hysterical adult on this thread.
People call you an idiot probably because your posts indicate you are. You insist on a 100% standard for pro gun solutions but excuse yourself from that standard yourself. When faced with counterarguments you simply name call or deflect. You post links that refute your own points. And you consistently fail to address the question of this thread: what is your solution to criminals with guns? Your solutions seem to be aimed at law abiding citizens with guns, not at criminals.

You undertstand that "militia" is a reason given, not a requirement in the 2A, right? I mean, Scalia pretty much explains this very clearly.

yes, someone with a critical mind can also just read it and see it's a reason not a requirement, which is of course why liberals can't read it
Of course we can read; Only the Right is too lazy to work hard on their reading comprehension. I guess a hard work ethic is just hearsay and soothsay for the lazy Right.

Do they have village idiots in Canada? I mean wow, that would take a serious idiot
Too difficult to work hard to have anything more than fallacy, Person on the clueless and Causeless and Lazy Right.

Does it really take work to be an idiot? I mean isn't that just something that you pretty much just are? Or are you saying you actually put some work into your idiocy?
He doesn't work at it at all. He's Liberal. He doesn't do "work".

People call you an idiot probably because your posts indicate you are. You insist on a 100% standard for pro gun solutions but excuse yourself from that standard yourself. When faced with counterarguments you simply name call or deflect. You post links that refute your own points. And you consistently fail to address the question of this thread: what is your solution to criminals with guns? Your solutions seem to be aimed at law abiding citizens with guns, not at criminals.

Threads move past the OP all the time, and I have address the question in the OP several times. It is a loaded question, that you won't or can't understand.

That you can't refute it is on you. That you don't know what a loaded question is, and I've defined it several times, is enough evidence for me to conclude you are either dishonest or willfully ignorant.

Evidence?

LOL, I understand you didn't think through you post. Think about it, and try again.
Deflection. You understand that claiming society is getting safer, AND we have more guns contradicts the idea that more guns means more homicides. Right?

Threads move past the OP all the time, and I have address the question in the OP several times. It is a loaded question, that you won't or can't understand.

That you can't refute it is on you. That you don't know what a loaded question is, and I've defined it several times, is enough evidence for me to conclude you are either dishonest or willfully ignorant.
You dont refute a question, dumbshit. You answer it. And you have given an answer that has been refuted over and over.
I see you are acting to form and deflecting rather than engaging in any meaningful debate.

Men and power issues, that is what this is really about. Guns are a phallic symbol. I have had men point a gun at me and have bullets in my house. That is really why I want gun control. It isn't to much to ask if people don't threaten other people with firearms anymore. All these mass shootings like Sandy Hook or Aurora theater shootings, enough is enough.
No offense but... You're going to have to a lot better than that.
De ja ju, Better than..what? What standard of perfection are you subscribing to?
To be taken with any degree of seriousness...
You need to present an argument for gun control that is not based on emotion, ignorance and/or dishonestly.
You also need to demonstrate how you idea does not violate the protections of the 2nd amendment.

417 pages and the following is proved:
  • The 2nd is NOT Sacrosanct
  • Extreme gun lovers equate gun control as tyranny
  • Only criminals will have guns, if any effort to mitigate gun violence becomes law
  • Man is not free unless s/he is not armed at all times
  • A trigger lock makes a gun as lethal as a wet noodle (not)
  • M14 Shooter's skills to debate begin and end with spam
  • 2aguy, Rabbi(t), M14 Shooter and Zimmerman should never own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun.
More nonsense from an anti-gun loon who knows he can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, every six year old should be armed. thank you for that contribution to the discussion. Obviously our choices are that guns are banned for everyone or we arm every six year old. And some people think you are just an idiot. I'm on that list

Please....he isn't "just" an idiot...he is a really big idiot......

As you know, ignorance, willful or otherwise, stands firmly with you and your side.

"In most cases, the Mother Jones staff found, the killers had obtained their weapons legally"

:lol:

Last edited:

You have not answered the question in my OP post several times. You've confirmed my point, you're satisfied with disarming only non-criminals

Forum List

Back