Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Zimmerman was "evil?" Tell me how you're smarter than conservatives because you aren't all black and white like they are.

Trayvon and Georgie deserved each other, neither was a good guy. But I wouldn't call either of them "evil"

Trayvon was a minor, Zimmerman had a gun and believed that made him a man. IT didn't! He got his ass kicked by a kid, in a fight he started which happens to most bullie; rather than take his lumps like a man, he took a child's life.

He was a hero to most racists and members of the crazy right wing,

LOL, you say "crazy right wing" but you state every opinion as a fact and it's all one direction. Own your crazy, Holmes

Watson, my opinions have never been proven to be 'crazy'. Of course they are in one direction, the direction I think may mitigate gun violence by getting some guns our of the hands of some people who should have have them.

I've stated several times licensing is NOT a panacea, I suppose my use of a word you don't recognize is the problem. Whenever I do so, please look it up here:

Dictionary and Thesaurus | Merriam-Webster

for example:

panacea | something that will make everything about a situation better

I've stated several times licensing is NOT a panacea,

Not only is a license not a "panacea" but it actually doesn't do anything...so it would almost be an UN-panacea...since it doesn't do one thing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mass shooters.

OP- Still background check system on all sales that WORKS.

How does that work? Currently, the most common methods of getting guns for criminals is stealing them, and using people who can pass background checks to buy them.....

So...that is how they get them right now...right? True or False?

So.....now you put a background check on all sales...even between 2 brothers and a dad and his son, and they all get background checks......

The gang member gets his family member or freind or pays someone with a clean record to go through the new and improved, jiffy, spiffy extra special background check.........and they pass because they still have a clean record....and the gang member gets the gun.....

Using the same method he used against the first type of background check....

Or he just steals the gun.......

Thereby negating the extra special background check that you want.....

So...how exactly do new and improved background checks do anything differently than the old background checks did?
They work. Luckily, 80% of Americans aren't FOS like you.
Originally, guns now come fron gun shows in silly states. lol
Go away clown. You have never been to a gun show. You have likely never touched a gun, at least in a non felony situation. You are unqualified to comment here.

"maybe" is the word I used. I do believe some gun owners (Zimmerman is a good example) seek out situations in their mind wherein they stop a bad guy with their gun. I also believe possessing a gun is much like having a couple of drinks, it can cloud one's judgment.

Yes, guns emanate evil, they could turn Mother Teresa into Charles Bronson, I feel you

Mr. Bronson wasn't evil, his character in all those movies made him a hero, likely movies watched over and over by Zimmerman and others like him.

Zimmerman was "evil?" Tell me how you're smarter than conservatives because you aren't all black and white like they are.

Trayvon and Georgie deserved each other, neither was a good guy. But I wouldn't call either of them "evil"

Trayvon was a minor, Zimmerman had a gun and believed that made him a man. IT didn't! He got his ass kicked by a kid, in a fight he started which happens to most bullie; rather than take his lumps like a man, he took a child's life.

Not according to the jury.Had the jury thought Zimmerman started the fight, he could not have gotten off with self defence. I thought you were a former LEO?????

So we've established Rye Catcher is a fraud. Cool!

As a LEO my confidence in the findings in a trial by jury is not exactly strong. Only two people knew what happened that day, and one of them is dead.

LOL, you say "crazy right wing" but you state every opinion as a fact and it's all one direction. Own your crazy, Holmes

Watson, my opinions have never been proven to be 'crazy'. Of course they are in one direction, the direction I think may mitigate gun violence by getting some guns our of the hands of some people who should have have them.

I've stated several times licensing is NOT a panacea, I suppose my use of a word you don't recognize is the problem. Whenever I do so, please look it up here:

for example:

Not only is a license not a "panacea" but it actually doesn't do anything...so it would almost be an UN-panacea...since it doesn't do one thing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mass shooters.

How does that work? Currently, the most common methods of getting guns for criminals is stealing them, and using people who can pass background checks to buy them.....

So.....now you put a background check on all sales...even between 2 brothers and a dad and his son, and they all get background checks......

The gang member gets his family member or freind or pays someone with a clean record to go through the new and improved, jiffy, spiffy extra special background check.........and they pass because they still have a clean record....and the gang member gets the gun.....

So...how exactly do new and improved background checks do anything differently than the old background checks did?

Hmmm...did background checks stop any of the mass shooters....or how about the guy I just posted about.....convicted of armed robbery with a gun, sentenced to 3 years, and out in under 2, gets a gun and murders 2 store clerks.......did the background check system stop him?

And let's say you get what you want and every single sale of a legal item has to go through a background check....

How do criminals get their guns...1) they steal them 2) they get someone who can pass a background check to buy the gun for them.......3) or a seller sells the gun even thought they can't pass the background check....

So......in which of the three methods are criminals or mass shooters stopped.
Nutjobs are bad at interpersonal stuff lol. Did anyone say this was perfect? It'll work better and better over time. I don't know but there should be limits on how many guns people can buy at a time too. Like I said, 80% want this, was over 90% before the dupes got the brainwash...

for example:

Hmmm...did background checks stop any of the mass shooters....or how about the guy I just posted about.....convicted of armed robbery with a gun, sentenced to 3 years, and out in under 2, gets a gun and murders 2 store clerks.......did the background check system stop him?

And let's say you get what you want and every single sale of a legal item has to go through a background check....

How do criminals get their guns...1) they steal them 2) they get someone who can pass a background check to buy the gun for them.......3) or a seller sells the gun even thought they can't pass the background check....

So......in which of the three methods are criminals or mass shooters stopped.
Nutjobs are bad at interpersonal stuff lol. Did anyone say this was perfect? It'll work better and better over time. I don't know but there should be limits on how many guns people can buy at a time too. Like I said, 80% want this, was over 90% before the dupes got the brainwash...

If a person buying a firearm wants to kill people, what difference does it make if he has one gun or fifty? Guns are not disposable you know. You can reload a gun over and over again.

Thanks for conceding defeat.
Your argument is proven ineffective and you go to the personal attack.

Stating a fact [You're either stupid, or a damn liar. I suspect both.] isn't a personal attack, it's an observation based on your mendacity and lack our comprehension.

Stop lying, and - if you can - think about my posts. Misrepresentation is dishonest and is used by those incapable of writing a substantive rebuttal.
Thanks again, loser. You've proposed licensing and registration a couple dozen times but never once proven that this would be effective. When challenged, you resort to ad hom attacks. You've got NOTHING.

Please post the post wherein I proposed registration. On another thread I posited guns needed to be insured in case of theft and registered with an insurance company, not a government agency, so that if stolen, they could be traced back to the source. Laws can prevent the governemnt from accessing such a registration shielding the number and type of firearms from the government.

In fact I have no problem with registering my gun, why do you? Paranoid?

Who do you know that doesn't have their guns insured? That's automatic with home or rental insurance.

What type of insurance are you asking about? Theft of personal property for sure and it is good practice to keep a copy of the bill of sale and a photograph of the gun if stolen or damaged in a fire.

Liability insurance is different, some companies may find the risk to great and cancel the policy, others may raise the premium and deductible, based on the number and type of weapons as well as other factors.

If I had to guess, those with weapons considered to be "assault", and those with a large cache, are probably self insured.

All content is protected under your insurance policy unless you bought the policy from your barber somewhere. It doesn't matter if a thief steals your jewelry or your guns. You report it to the police and the insurance company for compensation.

It won't raise your premiums either because most insurance companies put you in an over generous plan. My plan for content is over $100,000. Why? I don't know, that's just how they make these plans. And I have thousands of dollars in music equipment in my home, and it's all covered under one plan.

Make all gun manufacturers responsible for any misdeeds in which a gun is involved. Insurance companies will back this law as will many users of guns.

How American of you. You want to hold a company liable for something they didn't do.

What a stupid ass. Yes, moron, we want criminals to have guns. You caught us. What an idiot

"maybe" is the word I used. I do believe some gun owners (Zimmerman is a good example) seek out situations in their mind wherein they stop a bad guy with their gun. I also believe possessing a gun is much like having a couple of drinks, it can cloud one's judgment.

Yes, guns emanate evil, they could turn Mother Teresa into Charles Bronson, I feel you

Mr. Bronson wasn't evil, his character in all those movies made him a hero, likely movies watched over and over by Zimmerman and others like him.

So where is this evidence that Zimmerman started the fight? The Martin autopsy revealed that Martin only had two injuries: a scrape on his knuckle consistent with hitting somebody or something, and a bullet hole that took his life. No evidence whatsoever that he was assaulted or attacked.

Zimmerman had two black eyes, lacerations to the back of his neck, a broken nose, and some minor back injuries.

So with that evidence, you would conclude that Zimmerman attacked Martin?

You should restrain your comments to things you know something about.

Timing is everything.

Just browsed through our local news sites and found this story in relation to how criminals get guns:

Video shows smash-and-grab robbery at Middleburg Heights gun shop
POSTED 8:29 AM, SEPTEMBER 8, 2015, BY JESSICA BATES AND JENNIFER JORDAN, UPDATED AT 06:20PM, SEPTEMBER 8, 2015

MIDDLEBURG HEIGHTS, Ohio- Middleburg Heights police are investigating a smash-and-grab robbery that took place early this morning at B & T Shooting Supplies on Pearl Road.

Investigators tell us the suspects were using a stolen van when they smashed into the front of the building and took more than a dozen handguns around 3 a.m. Tuesday.

The owner tells FOX 8 it took the suspects less than a minute to complete the robbery.

Middleburgh Heights police believe the burglary was planned and skillfully carried out with the minivan stolen from Cleveland.

Chief John Maddox said, "The minivan was inside and still running upon the arrival of police officers. "

Maddox said once inside, three suspects headed to the gun counter, on the hunt for semi automatic weapons and revolvers.

The suspects remain on the loose at this time.

Video shows smash-and-grab robbery at Middleburg Heights gun shop

I suppose the way you combat alcoholism is to make sure everyone drinks? It's basically the remedy to gun violence; make sure everyone is armed to the teeth.

Stating a fact [You're either stupid, or a damn liar. I suspect both.] isn't a personal attack, it's an observation based on your mendacity and lack our comprehension.

Stop lying, and - if you can - think about my posts. Misrepresentation is dishonest and is used by those incapable of writing a substantive rebuttal.
Thanks again, loser. You've proposed licensing and registration a couple dozen times but never once proven that this would be effective. When challenged, you resort to ad hom attacks. You've got NOTHING.

In most states, CCW holders have to have a license. I got mine. I just don't know if it ever helped anybody for any reason. It certainly didn't stop murderers.

When considering unfalsifiable claims, Bertrand Russell used an analogy of a celestial teapot. If a teapot was drifting in space between the Earth and Mars (making it unobservable), he claimed it would be unreasonable to expect belief of the teapot based on their inability to disprove the teapots existence. He compared the belief in God to the belief in a celestial teapot; in both cases it is not the responsibility of disbelievers to disprove its existence.

See: Russell's Teapot

I've never claimed a license of any sort is a panacea, for gun violence or speeding on a public roadway. It is one idea with a specific goal, to mitigate the number of guns in the hands of those who should not have them.

It is one idea with a specific goal, to mitigate the number of guns in the hands of those who should not have them.

Okay......you posted this, so I ask again....how does the license mitigate the number of guns in the hands of those who should not have them?

It would limit the source, to those who disobey the laws. It is a bit more difficult too sell a long gun than a hand gun but easier than selling pot by the gram then any gun.

Next step. A crook is arrested for a petty crime or a wobbler, in his or her possession is a hand gun. The DA is pushing for 1-year county jail, three years probation, or, 20 days CJ, 345 suspended and one year probation if you tell us who sold you the gun, if we use your information and are able to arrest the person who sold you the gun.[/QUOTE

They do that now, Holmes. Why isn't the problem solved then?

I suppose the way you combat alcoholism is to make sure everyone drinks? It's basically the remedy to gun violence; make sure everyone is armed to the teeth.

That's stupid no one said that. We said everyone should have the right to defend themselves. Liberals think in such ridiculous extremes

Your scenarios are loop holes, that's true. You are also making the case for a national gun registration.

I've said it's time to protect capitalism from the capitalists; now it seems time to protect the Second Amendment from people like you, M14 and Kaz.

:lmao:

Yes, you're trying to "protect" the second amendment from those of us who think we have rights. Classic

Watson, my opinions have never been proven to be 'crazy'. Of course they are in one direction, the direction I think may mitigate gun violence by getting some guns our of the hands of some people who shouldn't have them.
Begging the question

WI've stated several times licensing is NOT a panacea, I suppose my use of a word you don't recognize is the problem.

Strawman, it doesn't help at all. No one said a solution has to be perfect. Another ridiculous extreme statement by a black and white liberal

Glad you finally have a useful link for you

why not simply muster the militia and perform a visual check of their equipment? gun lovers who refuse to register for posse duty can always be mustered for inspection.

You know, speaking of mustard, before I was vegetarian I liked hot dogs with just mustard. Now I love veggie dogs, but I like ketchup better on those. Though ketchup and mustard is good. I prefer not only mustard though on veggie dogs

Forum List

Back