Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

A secure gun safe would have made the act of a mad man more difficult;
I have a drill and all the time in the world.
a license to own, possess or have have made the mad man's act more difficult;
I have a license to own and to carry. I an not inhibited by it at all.
a complete national registry of mentally unstable and potentially violent persons should be required
It is not illegal for "mentally unstable" people to own a gun, and so any such registry will not prevent a sale to such a person.
and the license should be checked as valid before selling, giving or loaning a gun to anyone, this too would have make the mad man's act more difficult.
Nothing here prevents me or anyone else from selling or loaning a gun to anyone.

You only offer the same old, tired, useless restrictions for which you know you have no sound argument, that only restrict the rights of the law abiding and violate the constitution,.
[
Missing the point of my post...
If by "missing" you mean "refuted yet again your tired, old, tired, useless restrictions for which you know you have no sound argument, that only restrict the rights of the law abiding and violate the constitution: - then yes, I missed your point.
:dunno:

You've offered no proof or evidence that my suggestions don't work. All you offer is your extremely biased opinion.

Since we're on the Sandy Hook story, here are the top states with the toughest gun law restrictions in 2012:

Gun Laws By State: The 7 States With the Most Restrictions on Weapons

New York. The Empire State finished 50th — meaning worst — on Guns & Ammo’s list of the best states for gun owners. The only entity the magazine put lower, at No. 51, was the District of Columbia, which is not a state.

The efforts of Gov. Andrew Cuomo brought New York that distinction, contends GodfatherPolitics.com, adding that “gun manufacturers are leaving the state because of the draconian laws.”

The Brady Campaign listed New York as having the fifth strongest gun laws.
California. The Brady campaign placed the Golden State first on its list while Guns & Ammo had it fifth. California and Rhode Island in 2012 had been the only states to require background checks on all gun sales at the point of purchase, though New York, Connecticut, Delaware and Colorado joined that group the following year, the Brady Campaign noted.

Connecticut. The Constitution State has imposed serious firearms restrictions since a man in December 2012 fatally shot 26 people at that state’s Sandy Hook Elementary School before turning a gun on himself, according to Guns & Ammo. It added that Connecticut was “not exactly a gun-friendly state” before that.

Since we're on the Sandy Hook story, here are the top states with the toughest gun law restrictions in 2012:

New York. The Empire State finished 50th — meaning worst — on Guns & Ammo’s list of the best states for gun owners. The only entity the magazine put lower, at No. 51, was the District of Columbia, which is not a state.

The efforts of Gov. Andrew Cuomo brought New York that distinction, contends GodfatherPolitics.com, adding that “gun manufacturers are leaving the state because of the draconian laws.”

California. The Brady campaign placed the Golden State first on its list while Guns & Ammo had it fifth. California and Rhode Island in 2012 had been the only states to require background checks on all gun sales at the point of purchase, though New York, Connecticut, Delaware and Colorado joined that group the following year, the Brady Campaign noted.

Connecticut. The Constitution State has imposed serious firearms restrictions since a man in December 2012 fatally shot 26 people at that state’s Sandy Hook Elementary School before turning a gun on himself, according to Guns & Ammo. It added that Connecticut was “not exactly a gun-friendly state” before that.
Gun laws in Vermont?
Gun crime in Vermont?
:lol:

The backgound check is for the nutjobs DUH. It will take time to work on criminals but WILL, brainwashed one line dingbat.
More mindless nonsense from a village useful idiot.
Tell us again how there's no Gun Show loophole, WITH LINKS, MORON.
You refuse to understand that the loophole does not exist, regardless of how many times it has been explained to you,.
You, however, understand that you cannot show is how Federal law requiring background checks does not apply at gun shows - that is, you know you cannot show how there IS a loophole.
But, like a good village idiot, you parrot your masters' voices, without thought or question.
They're proud of you.

First you should never call anyone an idiot or dishonest.

Next,

My wife and I went to a home show and inquired at the booth about having a water well drilled on our son's property.

We got the sales pitch and decided the cost was too much. The salesman than said, I can do that for half price. I have a crew who can do the job and not pull permits.

Your claim that such an offer never happens at gun shows is at best a half truth.

a complete national registry of mentally unstable and potentially violent persons should be required
It is not illegal for "mentally unstable" people to own a gun, and so any such registry will not prevent a sale to such a person.
and the license should be checked as valid before selling, giving or loaning a gun to anyone, this too would have make the mad man's act more difficult.
Nothing here prevents me or anyone else from selling or loaning a gun to anyone.

You only offer the same old, tired, useless restrictions for which you know you have no sound argument, that only restrict the rights of the law abiding and violate the constitution,.
[
If by "missing" you mean "refuted yet again your tired, old, tired, useless restrictions for which you know you have no sound argument, that only restrict the rights of the law abiding and violate the constitution: - then yes, I missed your point.

You've offered no proof or evidence that my suggestions don't work. All you offer is your extremely biased opinion.

What part of laws can't prevent all crime is too hard for you to understand?

Are you stupid, or do you believe telling the same lie over and over is honest, since the end you seek justifies the means?

There are four of you who play this game, posting the same crap over and over ad nausea, grow up.

[

Are you stupid, or do you believe telling the same lie over and over is honest, since the end you seek justifies the means?

There are four of you who play this game, posting the same crap over and over ad nausea, grow up.

It only goes to show how the strictest gun laws don't work. You ask for proof and when proof is provided to you, you start with the personal insults which is pretty typical for a liberal.

[

Gun laws prevent no crime, they only serve to turn otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.

Gun laws prevent no crime, they only serve to turn otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.

Robbery laws prevent no crime, they only serve to turn otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.
Rape laws prevent no crime, they only serve to turn otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.

It only goes to show how the strictest gun laws don't work. You ask for proof and when proof is provided to you, you start with the personal insults which is pretty typical for a liberal.

No moron .... LOL [Mea Culpa, I've lowered my writing to the level of a gun lover].

I've written opinions with these caveats, laws do not prevent crime and laws are not a panacea. I explained why most of us obey the laws and what motivates such compliance.

You and others like you build straw men, pretend the Second A. is sacrosanct and lie. Grow up.

I don't want to take your toys away, you and those like you will eventually alienate normal people to such an extent a license to own or possess a gun will seem to be a cherished privilege.

Robbery laws prevent no crime, they only serve to turn otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.
Rape laws prevent no crime, they only serve to turn otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.
Murder laws prevent no crime. Does one need to obtain a license to purchase a claw hammer? A knife? Rat poison?
Then why guns?
You seem to think anyone (other than yourself) who possesses a gun is one bad day away from homicide. Why? Could it be your awareness of your own poor self control you are projecting onto others?

[

you mean besides that none of your suggestions worked?

And for the record, this is what Wry Catcher said back in August:

I guess it'll take a tragedy which impacts you or your family, and in that way one at a time you and other callous conservatives may see the light. I don't wish that to happen to anyone, even misguided jerks like you and M14; but the tree of sanity needs to be refreshed by the blood of innocents, and I do believe in karma.

Now, Wry, what is this about you claiming to be "rational?" I told you. You are a troll, and an abject partisan. Oh, and you've completely lost your mind.

You show here that liberals are waiting to pounce on any tragedy involving a firearm to advance their agenda. "The tree of sanity needs to be refreshed by the blood of innocents." Disgusting.

Let's have Wry explain to the Sandy Hook families how unfortunately he had to let the shooter walk the school sure he was unopposed by weapons because he wanted to avert a "tragedy." I'm sure that'll make them feel a lot better

His mother let the shooter walk to the school, and it cost her, her life.
She LET him walk to the school????? I really don't think that her not saying, "No, Adam, you may not walk to the school and shoot children" was tacit permission to do so, considering she was dead when her son left the house. Geeze Rye! A former LEO should be better informed on this issue.

Once again you mangled my point to fit your pathological needs. Emphasis was on a gun safe [don't bother writing once again that the shooter could easily drill into the gun safe and obtain the tools of death, the link below explains why).

Opening a Safe Without a Combination | Fortress Lock and Security

Once again you've been proved to be an ignoramus, a liar and a fool.

Exactly, your proposal is that people's guns are locked safely at home when they are murdered while we prevent all the psychos from getting any of the 310 million guns in the country and we keep further guns from entering by magic while we import illegal Democrat voters. Then you say unlike you, we don't have a realistic plan...

[

I like how you think conceding your plan won't work means you think you won

What a stupid analogy. Ernie is pointing out people who want to not be victims need to break the law. You think making other people victims is analogous to that. You need to return home, your village is missing it's idiot

And law abiding citizens into dead people

The backgound check is for the nutjobs DUH. It will take time to work on criminals but WILL, brainwashed one line dingbat.
You refuse to understand that the loophole does not exist, regardless of how many times it has been explained to you,.
You, however, understand that you cannot show is how Federal law requiring background checks does not apply at gun shows - that is, you know you cannot show how there IS a loophole.
But, like a good village idiot, you parrot your masters' voices, without thought or question.
They're proud of you.

Next,

My wife and I went to a home show and inquired at the booth about having a water well drilled on our son's property.

We got the sales pitch and decided the cost was too much. The salesman than said, I can do that for half price. I have a crew who can do the job and not pull permits.

Your claim that such an offer never happens at gun shows is at best a half truth.

It's funny how these stereotypical stories always actually happened to bigots

No moron .... LOL [Mea Culpa, I've lowered my writing to the level of a gun lover].

I've written opinions with these caveats, laws do not prevent crime and laws are not a panacea. I explained why most of us obey the laws and what motivates such compliance.

You know Wry, I almost gave up on you. Now you're getting closer to reality: Most of us obey the laws which motivates compliance. There you go. More gun laws would do that: they would motivate the non-criminal element of our society. But...... that won't do squat for the criminal element.

Those people won't obey the law. That's why they're criminals in the first place.

You know Wry, I almost gave up on you. Now you're getting closer to reality: Most of us obey the laws which motivates compliance. There you go. More gun laws would do that: they would motivate the non-criminal element of our society. But...... that won't do squat for the criminal element.

Those people won't obey the law. That's why they're criminals in the first place.
Here you go, Wry. Maybe you should have looked this one up before...

"noun
6.a person guilty or convicted of a crime."

the definition of criminal

Maybe instead of gun laws to prevent criminals from committing crimes, we should just pass laws making it illegal to commit crimes...

They're proud of you.
Never mind that we both know you cannot cite one instance me lying or being dishonest.
You understand that you cannot show how Federal law requiring background checks does not apply at gun shows - that is, you know you cannot show how there IS a loophole - you simply refuse to admit it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back