Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

You know what none of those do? Tell us how you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. All you're proposing is limiting our ability to defend ourselves. Criminals love these laws, it makes them a lot safer

You're either stupid, or a damn liar. I suspect both.

Then why can't you show where any of the links present actual proposals to get guns out of the hands of criminals? All you can make are empty statements

Only assholes and abject fools continue to ask this same stupid question.

You've proven to be both.

Assholes and fools continue to post claims that millions of times a year a gun is used by a good guy to stop a bad thing from happening. Yet, no credible evidence is ever posted to prove the truth of thus claim.

It has been posted, many times. You ignore it.

I've made a very simple suggestion which you cannot refute, you cannot prove that licensing won't reduce the number of guns in the hands of those who should not have them in their possession.

You cannot prove that it will do so.

No proof has been posted that millions of times a year a gun is used by a good guy to stop a bad guy from doing something bad. It's been alleged without evidence and eched by others.

An open mind is all that is required to understand the premise of licensing. If you had read my posts you would know I've never claimed licensing would be a panacea, it is one method which may reduce gun violence.

If you had read my posts you would know I've never claimed licensing would be a panacea, it is one method which may reduce gun violence.

We have licensing in Illinois....it doesn't stop one killing in Chicago......you know...where all the shootings in the state happen.

yes it is. Guns are a Right, cars are not.

Nothing about registration interferes with your gun rights

yes it does...it costs money...to process the paperwork....and as we found out when the democrats used poll taxes to deny blacks their right to vote...taxes and fees used to deny access to a right are unconstitutional......and on top of that...I think it also violates the 5th Amendment...the innocent until proven guilty concept since the whole purpose of licensing gun owners assumes they are a criminal......and need to be monitored.
Part of being a citizen
Buy a gun.....register it

Don't whine about how hard it is

Nobody is accusing you of a crime any more than they accuse you of a crime when you register your car

However registering a car accomplishes several things: First and most important is identification in the event your car is stolen. It helps police identify you and your car. Registration is proof that you are the legitimate owner of the car in the event you wish to sell it.

Gun registration doesn't accomplish a thing. It won't prevent one person who wants a gun from getting one, and that's the only reason to have your gun registered.

Gun registration will not infringe on your right, unless of course you're a criminal.

Yes...it will. It will cost money....and like the poll taxes the democrats used to deny the right to vote to blacks, any tax or fee on a Right is an infringement of that Right....

yes it is. Guns are a Right, cars are not.

yes it does...it costs money...to process the paperwork....and as we found out when the democrats used poll taxes to deny blacks their right to vote...taxes and fees used to deny access to a right are unconstitutional......and on top of that...I think it also violates the 5th Amendment...the innocent until proven guilty concept since the whole purpose of licensing gun owners assumes they are a criminal......and need to be monitored.
Part of being a citizen

Nobody is accusing you of a crime any more than they accuse you of a crime when you register your car

However registering a car accomplishes several things: First and most important is identification in the event your car is stolen. It helps police identify you and your car. Registration is proof that you are the legitimate owner of the car in the event you wish to sell it.

Gun registration doesn't accomplish a thing. It won't prevent one person who wants a gun from getting one, and that's the only reason to have your gun registered.

Gun registration will not infringe on your right, unless of course you're a criminal.

If gun registration actually did something, that's one thing. But as we know from states that already have registration and more, it doesn't help one bit. And BTW, my firearms are not registered but the firearms seller must provide the government with a bullet from the gun. This weekend alone, we had two shootings of teenagers in the city. Last month, they ran their gun buy-back program. All failed efforts to control something that can't be controlled.

Part of being a citizen

If gun registration actually did something, that's one thing. But as we know from states that already have registration and more, it doesn't help one bit. And BTW, my firearms are not registered but the firearms seller must provide the government with a bullet from the gun. This weekend alone, we had two shootings of teenagers in the city. Last month, they ran their gun buy-back program. All failed efforts to control something that can't be controlled.

It is still unConstitutional...it costs money and like a poll tax that democrats used to keep blacks from voting, it would prevent the poor from accessing the Right to bear arms in their defense. It would probably be against the 5th Amendment against self incrimination...someone needs to challenge that in court....

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.c
So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.
that
Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.
Guns kill people, too many bad people have them and law abiding folks aren't going to stop that. To be blunt: GUNS ARE THE PROBLEM. Like rats or lead paint or rabid dogs. What do you do ABOUT THEM? Get rid of them, no brainer. Get rid of them, it isn't hard.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.c
that

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

Guns kill people, too many bad people have them and law abiding folks aren't going to stop that. To be blunt: GUNS ARE THE PROBLEM. Like rats or lead paint or rabid dogs. What do you do ABOUT THEM? Get rid of them, no brainer. Get rid of them, it isn't hard.

So you are against the US Constitution?

If so, will you complain when somebody wants to strip you of constitutional rights that protect you?

that

More than likely it will never make it to court because it will never transpire.......at least for now.

They way around that charge is to make it free so that the person registering is not charged directly. That's how they are getting around the same charge anti-voter ID people are making.

Why is it people that are pro gun threaten to shoot people that don't agree with them? It's kind of why we are frightened of you folks. Its kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

The fact remains 80% of the country are for ending the private seller/gun show loophole, 90% before the Pub/NRA / GUN CORPORATION got to work on dupes with BS and misinformation. It would help end nutter massacres immediately and the gang banger problem over time.

Why is it people that are pro gun threaten to shoot people that don't agree with them? It's kind of why we are frightened of you folks. Its kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Who ever threatened to shoot a person that's for gun control?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
The fact remains 80% of the country are for ending the private seller/gun show loophole, 90% before the Pub/NRA / GUN CORPORATION got to work on dupes with BS and misinformation. It would help end nutter massacres immediately and the gang banger problem over time.

A huge majority of Americans are against the Iran nuclear deal as well. But I bet you have no problem with how Americans feel about that one.

After 5 thousand posts, did the conservatives post THEIR plan for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals?

Actually it's been our point all along. You can't control something like that. It's like our failed mission to control recreational narcotics. The laws work on law abiding people, but not those that actually want the drugs. The people that want those drugs get them regardless of how many laws we pass.

E=" From Cleveland, post: 12357604, member: 55493"]
Really. I can't even begin to count the number of times pro gun folks threaten to SHOOT me because I disagreed with them, if that isn't a anti gun argument I don't know what IS!

A huge majority of Americans are against the Iran nuclear deal as well. But I bet you have no problem with how Americans feel about that one.
Before tidal wave of Pubcrappe, corporate news cowardice, 2-1 in favor, 84% of US jews for it....Americans' View on Iran Talks? Let's Make a Deal

Link to that bs?

It's vicious cycle. We question gun ownership, we are villains. No I want to break that cycle. Nobody needs guns and we need to break that cycle and get on with life.

Forum List

Back