Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.c
So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.
that
Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.
Guns kill people, too many bad people have them and law abiding folks aren't going to stop that. To be blunt: GUNS ARE THE PROBLEM. Like rats or lead paint or rabid dogs. What do you do ABOUT THEM? Get rid of them, no brainer. Get rid of them, it isn't hard.

It obviously requires a brain since your "solution" is a "no brainer." The solution is locking up violent criminals who use guns. Instead of letting them out in under 3 years, you need to lock them up for 15-20.

The fact remains 80% of the country are for ending the private seller/gun show loophole, 90% before the Pub/NRA / GUN CORPORATION got to work on dupes with BS and misinformation. It would help end nutter massacres immediately and the gang banger problem over time.

There is no gun show loophole. And there is no private sale loophole. It is a legal product and we are not cops. You want to require any sale, whatsoever, to undergo a criminal background check, even between family members, friends and for loaning weapons as well as sales. This does not impact criminals or mass shooters in any way.

Name one mass shooter "universal" background checks would have stopped? Please, we will wait quietly for your list. And gang members currently do not under go Federal, mandatory background checks for gun purchases….and 99% of their guns come through people who can pass current mandatory federal background checks or they steal them…..and future universal background checks will be bypassed the same way.

Are you stupid, or simply clueless?

After 5 thousand posts, did the conservatives post THEIR plan for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals?

Repeatedly….

1) if you catch a criminal using a gun or a standard capacity magazine to commit a crime lock them up for 10-15 years minimum.

2) if you catch a felon using a gun or standard capacity magazine, owning a gun or standard capacity magazine, arrest them and put them in prison for 10-15 years.

3) Send police into gun shows, under cover to buy and sell guns to catch criminals who cannot own guns as they try to buy guns.

These three items cover almost all criminal behavior with guns of actual criminals…..not one law abiding citizen is targeted with these gun control measures.

All of your measures target normal, law abiding citizens and do nothing to target criminals or mass shooters.

After 5 thousand posts, did the conservatives post THEIR plan for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals?

Repeatedly….

1) if you catch a criminal using a gun or a standard capacity magazine to commit a crime lock them up for 10-15 years minimum.

2) if you catch a felon using a gun or standard capacity magazine, owning a gun or standard capacity magazine, arrest them and put them in prison for 10-15 years.

3) Send police into gun shows, under cover to buy and sell guns to catch criminals who cannot own guns as they try to buy guns.

These three items cover almost all criminal behavior with guns of actual criminals…..not one law abiding citizen is targeted with these gun control measures.

All of your measures target normal, law abiding citizens and do nothing to target criminals or mass shooters.

And individuals who sell guns to felons through the loopholes? What about those people?

Nothing about registration interferes with your gun rights

yes it does...it costs money...to process the paperwork....and as we found out when the democrats used poll taxes to deny blacks their right to vote...taxes and fees used to deny access to a right are unconstitutional......and on top of that...I think it also violates the 5th Amendment...the innocent until proven guilty concept since the whole purpose of licensing gun owners assumes they are a criminal......and need to be monitored.
Part of being a citizen
Buy a gun.....register it

Don't whine about how hard it is

Nobody is accusing you of a crime any more than they accuse you of a crime when you register your car

However registering a car accomplishes several things: First and most important is identification in the event your car is stolen. It helps police identify you and your car. Registration is proof that you are the legitimate owner of the car in the event you wish to sell it.

Gun registration doesn't accomplish a thing. It won't prevent one person who wants a gun from getting one, and that's the only reason to have your gun registered.

Gun registration will not infringe on your right, unless of course you're a criminal.

AGAIN, you OK with registering for all your Constitutional rights? Or just that one?

And registration does nothing for my OP question, it keeps guns out of the hands of no one except law abiding citizens. Think about it

I have thought about it.

There is no sense to my detailing how any idea to limit the proliferation of guns into the hands of criminals which you would ever consider.

I've tried, your dishonesty is apparent in everyone of your posts. You have never posted a concise, creditable rebuttal and never will. This too is apparent, the question asked in the OP is a stupid one.

I've never made the statement that gun control methods can keep guns out of the hands of criminals; you've stated nothing can be done to reduce the proliferation of guns, and some of your crazy supporters believe more guns in the hands of more people is the solution.

I can't fix stupidity. I can only appeal to those with common sense and an open mind.

E=" From Cleveland, post: 12357604, member: 55493"]
Why is it people that are pro gun threaten to shoot people that don't agree with them? It's kind of why we are frightened of you folks. Its kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.
Really. I can't even begin to count the number of times pro gun folks threaten to SHOOT me because I disagreed with them,
I bet that you cannot cite a single example of this happening on USMB.
Not one.

There is no sense to my detailing how any idea to limit the proliferation of guns into the hands of criminals which you would ever consider.
None of the things you want to do will prevent criminals from getting guns.
The things you want to do only infringe upon the rights of the law abiding.
That being the case, there's no reason any thinking person would consider them.

No matter how many times you regurgitate that, it is still a lie.

The second amendment supports gun registration

Really? Where?

A well regulated militia being necessary for a security of a free state...

How can we regulate our militias without knowing who has guns and what type of guns they have?

Last edited:

Repeatedly….

And individuals who sell guns to felons through the loopholes? What about those people?

If they are actual gun traffickers, arrest them. If they are Joe or Jane citizen who sells one gun and doesn't do a background check…..maybe a fine. You are not going to stop criminals from getting guns by forcing Joe and Jane citizen to do background checks on Cousing Earl…….criminals already get past mandated federal background checks at licensed gun stores by having someone who can pass a background check buy the gun…..or they steal the guns from homes, gun stores or cars (where gun owners have to leave their guns whenever they have to enter a gun free zone). So if you pass "universal" background checks, they will be bypassed the same way current background checks are bypassed.

Can you name one mass shooter that would have been stopped by a "universal" background check? We currently have I.D. cards for gun owners in the state of Illinois, and a permit process for concealed carry that requires fingerprints and 16 hours of training. Has that stopped the gang shootings in Chicago? Are the criminals in Chicago going through background checks, taking 16 hours of training?

The anti gun people want to treat guns differently than any other tool used in crime. You do not want background checks for computer purchases right? Even though felons convicted of child sex crimes and Identity theft can no longer use computers…right? And you don't require Joe and Jane Citizen get licensed to use a computer or register their electronic devices on the chance they may use them to commit crimes or sell them to criminals…right?

Or with cars? You don't require a background check on drivers to make sure they don't have a D.U.I. right? And you force people to get a license for driving….does that stop any drunk driver?

You want to try to stop crimes with guns before they happen…and you can't do that….

I notice none of the measures suggested start off with….we need to license guns for criminals…….we need to register the guns of criminals……we need to limit the magazine capacity for criminals……because you guys know that criminals won't submit to any of those things….

But…..law abiding citizens will.

You guys focus on the very people who aren't committing crimes. And ignore the actual criminals who use guns to commit crimes.

Repeatedly….

And there is no loophole….felons cannot buy guns from gun stores, private sellers or anyone else. if they are caught with a gun they can be arrested….right now, under current gun laws.

Really? Where?

How can we regulate our militias without knowing who has guns and what type of guns they have?
Weapons qualification.

After observing the dumb camo-wearing loons for years, i've come to the conclusion that there should be more deer and less humans. Humans are bad. Deer are good. The World really would be a better place if there were more deer and much less camo-wearing human shitheads.

OK, then: kill yourself.

I don't hide in trees, dressed in camo head to toe, waiting for a poor defenseless animal to walk by so i can brutally murder it. That's all you. Y'all are sick fucks. The world really would be a better place if we had more deers, and less of you camo-wearing human wastes.

Obviously Apples & Oranges. My advice would be to avoid selling guns to neighbors and acquaintances. Unless you do the proper due diligence.

Much easier to make sure any gun I sell is sold to someone who does not KNOW who I am. First names only, meet at a neutral location, contact only through a throwaway cell phone bought with cash. Maybe rent a car or van so the guy doesn't know what state I live in.

Selling guns is about to become an even riskier business. The loopholes are being closed. Be very careful who you sell firearms to. You will be held accountable.

After observing the dumb camo-wearing loons for years, i've come to the conclusion that there should be more deer and less humans. Humans are bad. Deer are good. The World really would be a better place if there were more deer and much less camo-wearing human shitheads.

OK, then: kill yourself.

I don't hide in trees, dressed in camo head to toe, waiting for a poor defenseless animal to walk by so i can brutally murder it. That's all you. Y'all are sick fucks. The world really would be a better place if we had more deers, and less of you camo-wearing human wastes.

I choose the deers. The world will be better off. You dipshits serve no purpose. May an enormous antler find your anal cavity very soon.

Really? Where?

Read Heller.

None of the things you want to do will prevent criminals from getting guns.
The things you want to do only infringe upon the rights of the law abiding.
That being the case, there's no reason any thinking person would consider them.

How would you know what a thinking person might consider?

Have I ever posted anything to suggest the ideas I offered would prevent criminals from getting guns? Never. Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word "panacea" or understand the meaning of mitigate
And if you do know the meaning of both words, than you are a liar (I don't discount what I consider true, that you are ignorant and idiotic).

Forum List

Back