Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

There is no sense to my detailing how any idea to limit the proliferation of guns into the hands of criminals which you would ever consider.
None of the things you want to do will prevent criminals from getting guns.
The things you want to do only infringe upon the rights of the law abiding.
That being the case, there's no reason any thinking person would consider them.

How would you know what a thinking person might consider?

Have I ever posted anything to suggest the ideas I offered would prevent criminals from getting guns? Never. Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word "panacea" or understand the meaning of mitigate
And if you do know the meaning of both words, than you are a liar (I don't discount what I consider true, that you are ignorant and idiotic).
"Have I ever posted anything to suggest the ideas I offered would prevent criminals from getting guns?"

No. You haven't actually made that claim, but the title of the thread is "keeping guns from criminals Liberals, what is your plan?
You have proposed a "plan". A logical person would assume you have responded to the question posed in the OP.

I've never made the statement that gun control methods can keep guns out of the hands of criminals

:lmao:

What a dumb ass, so after all the arguing, you concede my OP post it true? LOL, what a tool you are

I've never made the statement that gun control methods can keep guns out of the hands of criminals

What a dumb ass, so after all the arguing, you concede my OP post it true? LOL, what a tool you are
No law you can enact and actually enforce would keep guns out of the hands of criminals. Look at our accomplishments of keeping drugs out of the hands of users. They always find a way.

having to muster for posse duty or militia duty could solve many problems regarding guns, gun lovers, gun violence, and the domestic Tranquility and security of our free States.

Last edited:
There is no sense to my detailing how any idea to limit the proliferation of guns into the hands of criminals which you would ever consider.
None of the things you want to do will prevent criminals from getting guns.
The things you want to do only infringe upon the rights of the law abiding.
That being the case, there's no reason any thinking person would consider them.

How would you know what a thinking person might consider?

Have I ever posted anything to suggest the ideas I offered would prevent criminals from getting guns? Never. Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word "panacea" or understand the meaning of mitigate
And if you do know the meaning of both words, than you are a liar (I don't discount what I consider true, that you are ignorant and idiotic).
"Have I ever posted anything to suggest the ideas I offered would prevent criminals from getting guns?"

No. You haven't actually made that claim, but the title of the thread is "keeping guns from criminals Liberals, what is your plan?
You have proposed a "plan". A logical person would assume you have responded to the question posed in the OP.

A logical person would wonder why such a stupid question was posed.

No law you can enact and actually enforce would keep guns out of the hands of criminals. Look at our accomplishments of keeping drugs out of the hands of users. They always find a way.

No speed limit will keep people from speeding; no license will keep people from driving, and no law will keep people for committing robberies, burglaries, rapes, larceny or spitting on the sidewalk.

So why do we have laws?

No speed limit will keep criminals from speeding; no license will keep people from driving, and no law will keep people for committing robberies, burglaries, rapes, larceny or spitting on the sidewalk.
So why have laws?
To punish people who do thing that society has deemed out bounds.
Now tell us why we should enact your mindless proposals that will unconstitutionally and unnecessarily limit the rights of the law abiding but do nothing to prevent criminals from getting guns.

No speed limit will keep criminals from speeding; no license will keep people from driving, and no law will keep people for committing robberies, burglaries, rapes, larceny or spitting on the sidewalk.
So why have laws?
Now tell us why we should enact your mindless proposals that will unconstitutionally and unnecessarily limit the rights of the law abiding but do nothing to prevent criminals from getting guns.

Only to punish people? Is that your final answer?

Let me dumb it down for you:

http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ss5/b/absofgovl.cfm

For others, most who have not taken History of Western Philosophy:

SparkNotes: The Republic: Book I

So why have laws?
Ultimately, yes - criminal law gives the state the legal means to arrest, try, convict and punish people for actions that society has deemed out of bounds.

So why have laws?
Ultimately, yes - criminal law gives the state the legal means to arrest, try, convict and punish people for actions that society has deemed out of bounds.

Nothing I've written contradicts the right to keep and bear arms. Why do you keep lying that licensing and registration will infringe those rights?

So why have laws?

Nothing I've written contradicts the right to keep and bear arms. Why do you keep lying that licensing and registration will infringe those rights?
licensing implies you can't have a gun without a license that is infringement. Registration creates documentary evidence that can be used to confiscate all the arms when the government decides to do so. That also is infringement.

So why have laws?

Nothing I've written contradicts the right to keep and bear arms.
"Limits"
I used the word "limits".
Everything you have proposed further limits on the rights of the law abiding.

Now tell us why we should enact your mindless proposals that will unconstitutionally and unnecessarily limit the rights of the law abiding but do nothing to prevent criminals from getting guns
Why do you keep lying that licensing and registration will infringe those rights?
Both are unnecessary preconditions to the exercise of the right not inherent to same; they infringe upon the right to arms exactly as much as they infringe upon the right to free speech, the right to free exercise of religion, and the right to an abortion.

Never mind that you know you have no capacity to soundly show that either are necessary.
Gun license / registration -- a sound argument? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

So why have laws?

licensing implies you can't have a gun without a license that is infringement.
Requiring a license is a requirement that you ask the state for permission to exercise a right.
The state cannot constitutionally do this.

The fact remains 80% of the country are for ending the private seller/gun show loophole, 90% before the Pub/NRA / GUN CORPORATION got to work on dupes with BS and misinformation. It would help end nutter massacres immediately and the gang banger problem over time.

There is no gun show loophole. And there is no private sale loophole. It is a legal product and we are not cops. You want to require any sale, whatsoever, to undergo a criminal background check, even between family members, friends and for loaning weapons as well as sales. This does not impact criminals or mass shooters in any way.

Name one mass shooter "universal" background checks would have stopped? Please, we will wait quietly for your list. And gang members currently do not under go Federal, mandatory background checks for gun purchases….and 99% of their guns come through people who can pass current mandatory federal background checks or they steal them…..and future universal background checks will be bypassed the same way.

Are you stupid, or simply clueless?
BS.

Half the nutjobs wouldn't go through a check.

Actually, most of gang bangers NEW and advanced weaponry comes from stupid loophole states.

Brainwashed functional moron.

So why have laws?

Because they both cost money to do....and when the democrats imposed "Poll Taxes" on blacks when they went to vote...that was determined to be unConstitutional.....so licensing and registration would be unconstitutional, since gun ownership is a right.

Also....licensing and registration is not needed. They do nothing to stop or solve crimes with guns.

You still have failed to show how licensing works to do what you say you want it to do....

So why have laws?

licensing implies you can't have a gun without a license that is infringement. Registration creates documentary evidence that can be used to confiscate all the arms when the government decides to do so. That also is infringement.

Really, the government is going to confiscate how many hundreds of millions of arms? That's funny. I suggest you get the CD by Ken Burns, Prohibition. It might open your mind to the enormity of the task which concerns you and the futality of it.

If you are concerned that such a task would be limited, and a house might be searched by an arbritary order of the executive, that is protected by the due process clause and the Fourth Amendment.

I've suggested that each state decide on whether it would choose to require a license or not, a law which might be put to the people in the form of a referandum.

What's wrong with having to have a license to own, possess or have in one's custody and control a gun?

Really, the government is going to confiscate how many hundreds of millions of arms? That's funny. I suggest you get the CD by Ken Burns, Prohibition. It might open your mind to the enormity of the task which concerns you and the futality of it.

If you are concerned that such a task would be limited, and a house might be searched by an arbritary order of the executive, that is protected by the due process clause and the Fourth Amendment.

I've suggested that each state decide on whether it would choose to require a license or not, a law which might be put to the people in the form of a referandum.

What's wrong with having to have a license to own, possess or have in one's custody and control a gun?

How does a license work?

Forum List

Back